I recently purchased a BlackBerry Passport from swappa.com and the guy I got it from had great ratings and said he used it on straight talk with att sim and changed apn settings, well I have tmobile and need it unlocked so I went to att.com/unlockdevice and just heard back from them and they couldn't get it for me because they said it's still tied to an account so that's when I contacted the guy I got it from and that's when hey told me how he used it so can it be unlocked still?, or did I get screwed? I am currently waiting for unlockunit.com to try and crack it but they just emailed me back and said that the main source they use couldn't get the code so they are trying they're other sources and would update or have it in the next 12 hours. I just need to know if I am wasting my time?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 07:54 PM
    If you bought a stolen phone, you might be. Does it have BlackBerry OS 10.3.2 on it? You can check the OS from Settings, About.
    09-30-15 10:06 PM
    First....is it a ATT passport, original Passport, or SE Passport?

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    10-01-15 05:10 AM
    Hey Bryan Wallis,

Don't worry, if the IMEI# is clean it is not stolen/blacklisted and it will work fine with T-Mobile once unlocked.
    Check the IMEI# here: swappa.com/esn

Now as for unlocking, AT&T does that sometimes and they refuse to provide the code.

We have helped many, many customers with the same issue unlock AT&T passports and Classics, etc that normal methods/suppliers couldn't provide codes for.

Pm me if you need help if the site you are using can't provide the code and we can help.

Cheers!

Sean
    10-15-15 10:06 PM