I've had the Passport for over a month now, and I have Facebook and Twitter installed but do NOT want to sync my contacts. In my Contacts settings I set it to NOT show FB and Twitter contacts when I'm looking at All Contacts, but they keep showing up anyway. I go into settings and change this every couple of days but it will inevitably revert anyway. Is this only happening to me? Is there a way to fix it?

Also, not sure if this is related, but sometimes I'll open my Contacts, and it won't load. Just the circle of waiting goes on and on.
    12-03-14 04:32 PM
    Settings > Accounts > FB > Contacts (off)
    Settings > Accounts > Twitter > Contacts (off)

If you Contacts > Settings > FB/Twitter > Off, you will only see FB/Twitter contacs that are MERGED with other sources.

You may wanna check if there are OS updates, as most of these issues should not be happening.
    anischab likes this.
    12-26-14 05:51 PM
    It's been crap since release, really. For that very specific reason, both earned deletion.

Even if you do the above, they'll still appear when you hit compose, or use the BlackBerry assistant.
    12-26-14 05:53 PM
    Hmmmm I was wondering the same, Thx for the info!

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    12-26-14 07:16 PM
    If your on 10.3.1 OS Go into the contact app, swipe down from the top to get setting option (which is the button on the furthest right). Once inside the settings, toggle "automatically merge contact" off

How do I stop FB and Twitter contacts syncing to my Passport Contacts?-img_20141226_204021.png

Attachment 323389

Make sure you toggle unmerge existing contacts so all your contacts are unmerged.
    Perugirl likes this.
    12-26-14 07:42 PM
    It's been crap since release, really. For that very specific reason, both earned deletion.

Even if you do the above, they'll still appear when you hit compose, or use the BlackBerry assistant.
    Mine seem to work. How strange.
    12-26-14 08:46 PM
    Mine seem to work. How strange.
    Really? I haven't gotten it to work correctly across 3 devices and multiple OSes from 10.1 all the way up to 10.3.1
    12-26-14 09:37 PM
    I've had the Passport for over a month now, and I have Facebook and Twitter installed but do NOT want to sync my contacts. In my Contacts settings I set it to NOT show FB and Twitter contacts when I'm looking at All Contacts, but they keep showing up anyway. I go into settings and change this every couple of days but it will inevitably revert anyway. Is this only happening to me? Is there a way to fix it?

Also, not sure if this is related, but sometimes I'll open my Contacts, and it won't load. Just the circle of waiting goes on and on.
    Do what I did and delete them both

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 11:18 PM
    Thanks, but I'm still on OS 10.3.0.908, and those options don't exist in Accounts. I've tried everything short of deleting the apps. I don't want to do that though. Hopefully I'll get an update soon, and these problems will go away.
    12-29-14 12:42 PM