can someone take time to explain how to setup contacts/address book ?
    After losing most of my contacts, I am re entering manually and would like an explanations on links, notice on my existing contact their ar at least 4 links attached to each, if I unlink some the contact's seems to duplicate.
    I have 3 current email accounts set up plus face book and twitter.

Any suggestions on other address /contact apps ?
    thanks in advance
    04-23-15 01:55 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...10-3-a-932819/

This should give you some direction. Begin with disabling automatic merging of contacts and build on.
    leonelBBelite likes this.
    04-23-15 02:15 PM
    Not sure if this is part of your problem: but I found that 'pollution' in my contact files made for problems; for instance, a lot of contacts had one or two quotation marks in a work address or other field ( ") which must have happened in Windows Live Mail desktop app or Outlook or something, early on.
    BB10 would automatically assume that these contacts shared something in common, and linked them.
    In the end, several contacts had 60+ linked contacts.

I ended up syncing to Outlook desktop app, adding all contacts to exchange accounts, wiping all contacts from phone and then sanitize the contacts on my computer, before syncing them wirelessly via Exchange (EAS).
    Took an evening of work, but well worth the effort. My contacts are now fully synced across multiple devices, and fully up to date.

Maybe it's a good idea for you as well? Either with an exchange account if you have one, or a Gmail account or something? Perhaps even set one up especially for this? That way, you can first enter all your contacts manually into Gmail on you PC or Mac, and then sync them to your BB. You will also have them backed up on Gmail in case your phone dies or gets stolen.
    leonelBBelite likes this.
    04-23-15 03:20 PM
    thanks for your reply and suggestion, I think it will easier to input
    thanks
    04-23-15 10:55 PM
    can someone take time to explain how to setup contacts/address book ?
    After losing most of my contacts, I am re entering manually and would like an explanations on links, notice on my existing contact their ar at least 4 links attached to each, if I unlink some the contact's seems to duplicate.
    I have 3 current email accounts set up plus face book and twitter.

Any suggestions on other address /contact apps ?
    thanks in advance
    I am assuming you have an official OS and on a passport? Correct?
    1/ you can not loose your contacts.
    2/ you don't need to manually input them
    3/ where we're your contacts before you acquired the PP?
    4/ were they scattered on your 3 email access plus Facebook and Twitter?
    5/ unlinking or linking your contacts does not double up your contacts, linking summarises all the information of your email accts and social accts if you want them there. You can choose. So you need to know where is your primary data base.
    When you save on a pc it will only save on the contacts of that email acct. When you save on your phone it will save on all your accts. So you need to understand what you are doing. ....
    When you unlink you will have your contact X with just just a name if on twitter, so you click the next Mr X (same person) and you will see his Facebook details, what you want is the contact with phone, address, email etc...
    6/ understand your contact app...
    This all for now, if you want me to help you further, just post...

I can help if you let me know

Posted via Z30 or Red Passport.
    04-24-15 05:51 AM
    I am assuming you have an official OS and on a passport? Correct?
    1/ you can not loose your contacts.
    2/ you don't need to manually input them
    3/ where we're your contacts before you acquired the PP?
    4/ were they scattered on your 3 email access plus Facebook and Twitter?
    5/ unlinking or linking your contacts does not double up your contacts, linking summarises all the information of your email accts and social accts if you want them there. You can choose. So you need to know where is your primary data base.
    When you save on a pc it will only save on the contacts of that email acct. When you save on your phone it will save on all your accts. So you need to understand what you are doing. ....
    When you unlink you will have your contact X with just just a name if on twitter, so you click the next Mr X (same person) and you will see his Facebook details, what you want is the contact with phone, address, email etc...
    6/ understand your contact app...
    This all for now, if you want me to help you further, just post...

I can help if you let me know

Posted via Z30 or Red Passport.
    thanks for your reply, yes I do need to understand the contact app and I am open to your suggestions.
    1/ I'm on an unofficial leak , 10.3.2.500, this is the first time I've lost contacts when I have loaded leaks using Sachesie
    2/ I say lost because I open my contact app and my contact went from 96 down to 34, with few of the 34 being duplicates
    3/prior to my PP I had on my z10, but that was 8-9 months since then
    4/ yes, split on 3 email acct, most add manually from business cards, FB, very minimal since I do not have an active fb, twitter, few
    5/yes I understand how they are linked based on information I see when I unlinked each one
    6/ Yes I need to understand the contact app to simplify
    basic input:
    Contact pic
    Fname
    Lname
    company
    company info
    address
    work phone
    cell Phone
    fax
    BBm pin