I am a new BB user. In fact BB passport is my first BB device in my life. I am a ROM flashing junkie and I have used Iphone, Sony Xperia Z Ultra, Nokia Lumia 630 and others. I constantly flash updates and new ROMS while I was using Android (Z ultra) and I believe I will not be able to resist flashing leaked ROMs for BB Passport.

At this point what I would want to know is:
    1. How can I restore a nuked BB passport as all the threads I have so far researched for restoring nuked BB device involving removing battery?
    3. How do I force shut down BB passport in case it bootloops?
    2. Is it safe flashing ROMs on BB passport?
    01-15-15 11:08 PM
    You should be able to connect it to link and perform a software update...or use one of the autoloaders. Blackberries are pretty hard to brick permanently unless you do physical damage to it.

Pimp slappin iGeeks, Droinerds and Windufuses with my big white Z30
    01-15-15 11:23 PM
    You can't really brick a BlackBerry 10 device, and the only "ROM" that you can install on any of them is still an official build by BlackBerry. Really, the worst you can do is flash the wrong OS or radio, in which case you just need to get an autoloader for the correct one and flash it. Otherwise, flash to stock using BlackBerry Link, "Reload OS" function.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 12:11 AM
    I use sachesi for this!

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 01:06 AM
    At this point what I would want to know is:
    1. How can I restore a nuked BB passport as all the threads I have so far researched for restoring nuked BB device involving removing battery?
    Autoloaders normally can bring a dead BlackBerry back to life.

2. Is it safe flashing ROMs on BB passport?
    Safe is really a matter of whether you know what you're doing or not.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    01-16-15 01:51 AM
    I'm having the same issue,, the device is on continuous reboot and im not able to restore it via link or autoloaders,, any advice?
    08-15-15 04:52 PM
    my BB passport show just red light when i connect it on laptop its show nothing no drivers just nothing autoloader also not working what sud do help ?
    12-01-15 10:51 AM
    Ive got the same problem. I cannot do anything with the device, I know how to use autoloader but the device is not detected by usb. Did you manage to fix it since then?

Thanks.
    01-30-17 05:20 AM
    Ive got the same problem. I cannot do anything with the device, I know how to use autoloader but the device is not detected by usb. Did you manage to fix it since then?

Thanks.
    Ok, the solution to your problem is timing. Turn the phone off, connect to PC via usb, open Link, turn phone on and as soon as it shows up on link, hit the reload os button. Try it two or three times if not successful at first.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-17 06:49 AM
  10. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    I'm having the same issue,, the device is on continuous reboot and im not able to restore it via link or autoloaders,, any advice?
    let's autoloader 10.3.3.2205. my PP was solved by it

 Passport Silver Edition SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2206
    01-30-17 07:57 PM
    Ok, the solution to your problem is timing. Turn the phone off, connect to PC via usb, open Link, turn phone on and as soon as it shows up on link, hit the reload os button. Try it two or three times if not successful at first.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. What you describe happened to me and this was the fix.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-17 11:30 PM