Hi

I bought my passport a couple of days ago.
    Over all I am missing a little bit the possibility for changing the Settings. Especially the Music Player is disappointing for me.

However I can live with that.
    I have a major problem on my birthdays which bothers me a lot.

1.) I am using Facebook and I get all birthdays imported from Facebook. quiet good but some of this birthdays I would like delete as I have many Facebook friends and I am not interested at their birthday especially not in ma calendar.
    So how can I delete some birthdays in my BB calendar.

2.) When I insert a birthday in one of my contacts then I can not see this birthday in my calendar on the BB. How can I change this?

3.) I only want to see the birthdays in my calendar but I do not want to get any notification, alert or whatever. Just simply show them in the calendar.

If someone can help me I would appreciate.

Thanks
    11-06-14 03:35 AM
    Very easy!
    Create a new email address just for your birthday calendar data base!during setup check mark birthdays and specifically that calendar will overlay all of your birthdays on the present view of you're calendar!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.908/Rogers Wireless
    11-06-14 12:09 PM
    There should be a facebook option in the calendar settings you can turn off just like groups. I don't have facebook so i'm not 100% sure of this.
    11-06-14 01:42 PM
    I have a Q10 and this (the FB birthdays in my calendar thing) was driving me nuts for a while. I *think* what ended up fixing it is I went into settings on the phone, then accounts and then Facebook was there. You click on that and you click "off" for "Sync Events". I know I tried a bunch of things to fix this and I can't remember for sure what ended up doing it, but I think this was it.
    eldrover likes this.
    11-06-14 02:18 PM
    I have a Q10 and this (the FB birthdays in my calendar thing) was driving me nuts for a while. I *think* what ended up fixing it is I went into settings on the phone, then accounts and then Facebook was there. You click on that and you click "off" for "Sync Events". I know I tried a bunch of things to fix this and I can't remember for sure what ended up doing it, but I think this was it.
    Actually if you do exactly what "fostay" said, when you get to the screen for facebook it gives you the option for birthday reminders:
    How do I remove the Facebok Birthday entries?-img_20141106_140724.png
    Just make proper selection

I am on a BB Z10 running 10.3.0.738
    11-06-14 03:13 PM
    Actually if you do exactly what "fostay" said, when you get to the screen for facebook it gives you the option for birthday reminders:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141106_140724.png 
Views:	783 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	312645
    Just make proper selection
    That's all nice and well, but what if I still want to keep the FB birthday reminders and just delete on the calendar those "less friends" let's say, is there a way to delete just those on the calendar?
    03-07-15 04:36 AM
    That's all nice and well, but what if I still want to keep the FB birthday reminders and just delete on the calendar those "less friends" let's say, is there a way to delete just those on the calendar?
    If you turn off the sync events it will delete all of your Facebook birthday reminders from your calendar but it turns off reminders all together. Maybe thats an option you can write the developers about to allow the option for one or the other.
    03-12-15 01:53 PM
    I'm resorting to deleting some contacts altogether due to this stupid reminder thing
    04-18-15 03:36 PM
    If you turn off the sync events it will delete all of your Facebook birthday reminders from your calendar but it turns off reminders all together. Maybe thats an option you can write the developers about to allow the option for one or the other.
    Unfortunately it is BlackBerry that developed the Facebook app.. I really wish the Facebook birthday notification thing wasn't an "all or nothing" approach. I would like to be able to sync birthdays for ONLY people in my contact list, and sync events, and that's it.
    04-28-15 09:20 AM