Hello,

I am using a BlackBerry Passport (open market, UK version). I would like to share content with a Samsung Wi-Fi direct enabled TV.

The two devices can see each other, but cannot pair. I assume that the BB Miracast implementation is not backward compatible with Wi-fi direct?
    03-06-15 05:05 AM
    Miracast works smoothly on my phone with Samsung TV. Just go to display and at the bottom under Miracast, press the share screen option and in a few seconds, your TV should be visible. If it's still not visible, you may need to enable the Miracast settings on your TV.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 05:26 AM
    From what I remember you don't use wifi direct on your tv. Go to the other option. I don't remember what it's called but there is a screen share option or something on the tv. I found Miracast didn't work very well half of the time. Probably 50 percent of the time the audio lagged by at least 1 second. Unless I'm doing something wrong...... works great if there is no audio though.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 06:05 AM
    Do you mean 'Play on'?

From what I remember you don't use wifi direct on your tv. Go to the other option. I don't remember what it's called but there is a screen share option or something on the tv. I found Miracast didn't work very well half of the time. Probably 50 percent of the time the audio lagged by at least 1 second. Unless I'm doing something wrong...... works great if there is no audio though.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 06:28 AM
    Do you mean 'Play on'?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry I mean the option on the tv not the phone. This is when pairing. Use the screen share option on the tv and not wifi direct.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 06:36 AM
    It is called Allshare or something.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 06:37 AM
    Ok I just did it

On the tv hit

1.Menu
    2.Network
    3.Allshare settings
    4.Screen Mirroring

On the phone hit

1.Wifi options
    2.Miracast
    3.Share screen

Do it in that order. Search for it on your phone after setting up the tv. Hope this works for you. Oh and my audio was bang on. Using passport latest OS

Posted via CB10
    lotuslanderz and abdullah1982 like this.
    03-06-15 07:08 AM
    Thanks. Tried it, but it did not work. I updated the TV to the latest firmware, but that did not help.Odd...
    03-06-15 07:14 AM
    If you have media Shareing on your phone ( Settings ->Media Sharing) you should be able to use your Phone as DLNA server. I think you will need to be on Wi-Fi though. Then on your TV it should appear as an input device (HDMI1, HDMI2, Blackbery Phone) or through the Network connection. I have Samsung and Sony and they each work differently, so I don't remember specifics.
    03-06-15 08:06 AM
    If you have media Shareing on your phone ( Settings ->Media Sharing) you should be able to use your Phone as DLNA server. I think you will need to be on Wi-Fi though. Then on your TV it should appear as an input device (HDMI1, HDMI2, Blackbery Phone) or through the Network connection. I have Samsung and Sony and they each work differently, so I don't remember specifics.
    That's correct for the Samsung TV - I don't mess with the miracast as it's easier to make it a dlna player.
    03-06-15 08:47 AM
    Try AirWire, or Imediashare in Google Play, it works on my Samsung Led 46 Smart TV every time, and I have a Z10!

Posted via CB10
    anon(6098928) likes this.
    03-06-15 11:12 AM
    Ok so Miracast works streaming to my Samsung TV, but unfortunately, the aspect ratio remains square.
    The video I am trying to stream is 16x9 within an android app, and it always shows the black bars top and bottom within an small square in the centre of the screen. Not very practical for actual viewing...

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 07:16 PM
    Ok so Miracast works streaming to my Samsung TV, but unfortunately, the aspect ratio remains square.
    The video I am trying to stream is 16x9 within an android app, and it always shows the black bars top and bottom within an small square in the centre of the screen. Not very practical for actual viewing...
    Try this...

That's correct for the Samsung TV - I don't mess with the miracast as it's easier to make it a dlna player.
    Then you will get full aspect ratio
    05-06-15 06:41 AM