i cant install official skype app in bb passport silver edition. i am in singapore. phone bought from canada.
    03-10-16 02:30 AM
    I think you have to go over the amazon app-store.
    Can you download it there?
    03-10-16 02:34 AM
    Skype moved to Amazon appstore, you can download it there or via play store/snap or try this link http://www.apk4fun.com/apk/2964/

Posted from my big screen Z30 STA100-5 running 10.3.2.2876
    03-10-16 02:53 PM
    I would suggest that you give cobalts solution a try, you can find the post by searching for Google Play Store here in the forum. Sorry, cant post links at the moment. Just install three files, and you have the entire Google Play Store on your device. The skype version from there should receive updates earlier than the amazon version.
    03-10-16 03:08 PM
    I would suggest that you give cobalts solution a try, you can find the post by searching for Google Play Store here in the forum. Sorry, cant post links at the moment. Just install three files, and you have the entire Google Play Store on your device. The skype version from there should receive updates earlier than the amazon version.
    From this thread?........

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-10-16 03:32 PM
    I've found the Android version of Skype, installed via SNAP (installation instructions here: (http://crackberry.com/how-use-snap-b...roid-apk-files), to be really stable. I've had several video calls using this version, and they've worked really well. You'll also get access to the Google Play store with SNAP which will allow you to sideload a crap-tonne of apps.
    Last edited by zocster; 03-10-16 at 05:43 PM. Reason: CB Link
    03-10-16 04:13 PM
    I've found the Android version of Skype, installed via SNAP (installation instructions here: (How to use Snap on BlackBerry 10 to install Android APK files | CrackBerry.com), to be really stable. I've had several video calls using this version, and they've worked really well. You'll also get access to the Google Play store with SNAP which will allow you to sideload a crap-tonne of apps.
    Gave you the 'how to' from our front page instead
    03-10-16 05:44 PM
    amazon appstore cant allow me to download the app. it shows due to geographical location i cant grt this app. please help.
    03-11-16 01:20 AM
    It will eat your battery quickly.

Posted via CB10 from Passport SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    Joseph Zhan likes this.
    03-11-16 02:28 AM
    amazon appstore cant allow me to download the app. it shows due to geographical location i cant grt this app. please help.
    So, you have to try it from another source. You can go to 1mobile.com for instance.
    Disclaimer : Be careful with what you download though, as it is not exactly what could be labeled "trusted source".
    pkcable likes this.
    03-11-16 02:29 AM
    I had it installed from the Amazon Appstore but my battery life went from around 1 1/2 days to about 10 hours max. Passport also heated up to temperatures way above normal.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    03-11-16 05:53 AM
    I had it installed from the Amazon Appstore but my battery life went from around 1 1/2 days to about 10 hours max. Passport also heated up to temperatures way above normal.

Is that with it running in the background, or just installed and not running?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 07:25 AM
    Is that with it running in the background, or just installed and not running?

Posted via CB10
    it was running in the background since I was getting messages in the hub. WhatsApp, Twitter etc. all run when minimized but they don't suck my battery dry

03-11-16 08:12 AM
    PM an email and can send the apk

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 08:54 AM
    apkpure.com is the best place to download easily any android apps from play store. Almost everything works perfectly.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    03-11-16 12:55 PM
    it was running in the background since I was getting messages in the hub. WhatsApp, Twitter etc. all run when minimized but they don't suck my battery dry

I swear I tried them ALL and IMO is the best for the Blackberry Passport, no ads free voice calls, only thing is the quality is not the greatest but it never drops and always works and does not heat up as much as skype also you can shut off the run in background if you choose although it does go idle when not in use. I still do not know what the heck IMO means but I like it. I wanted OovooO originally but that things, wow, It was listed as using more then my screen in battery life so did not even try it, just deleted it and moved on until eventually found IMO, anybody else like IMO or suggest anything better, LMK?
    03-20-16 03:41 PM
    i cant install official skype app in bb passport silver edition. i am in singapore. phone bought from canada.

I swear I tried them ALL and IMO is the best for the Blackberry Passport, no ads free voice calls, only thing is the quality is not the greatest but it never drops and always works and does not heat up as much as skype also you can shut off the run in background if you choose although it does go idle when not in use. I still do not know what the heck IMO means but I like it. I wanted OovooO originally but that things, wow, It was listed as using more then my screen in battery life so did not even try it, just deleted it and moved on until eventually found IMO, anybody else like IMO or suggest anything better, LMK?
    03-20-16 03:42 PM
    An alternative to Skype that I recently discovered is Zoom Cloud Meetings. It's free, is in the BlackBerry World app store, and seems to function a whole lot smoother than Skype.

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    03-20-16 08:17 PM
    An alternative to Skype that I recently discovered is Zoom Cloud Meetings. It's free, is in the BlackBerry World app store, and seems to function a whole lot smoother than Skype.

Posted via CB10
    I just seen this is it free to do just single video calls from Ann android user to my passport? I downloaded the app, looks promising and if it does do what it seems maybe replace iMO for me but unsure?....

Plus it's native on my side and their side!

I hope there is no catch to it as in paid for what little I need it for as a single person to person video call here and there from my BlackBerry to their androids?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 10:30 PM
    I just seen this is it free to do just single video calls from Ann android user to my passport? I downloaded the app, looks promising and if it does do what it seems maybe replace iMO for me but unsure?....

Plus it's native on my side and their side!

I hope there is no catch to it as in paid for what little I need it for as a single person to person video call here and there from my BlackBerry to their androids?

Posted via CB10
    It should work free for the use that you describe. It actually used to be the software that BBM Meetings was based on.

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    03-20-16 11:15 PM
    I downloaded Skype from 9Apps (I'm in Hong Kong) got it free, runs quite well, no ads and 9Apps sends me a notification when it has an update. Skype is know as a battery draining app at least on my Passport and people I work with who have iPhones tell me the same. Don't know about Android. Rocking 27-7 with my Passport SE & Retired Z10.
    03-20-16 11:24 PM
    It should work free for the use that you describe. It actually used to be the software that BBM Meetings was based on.

Posted via CB10
    Trying it now with my droid tab as me and passport as me can make a call though or always have to invite in that odd way?

Also no audio keeps saying driving node tap to talk then I do and swap back to other screen and back again it's remuted, wth?

Regardless if does work and allows me to call somehow, it has the most beautiful video quality I ever seen however audio I can not comment on yet keeps saying muted this nay be able to replace my play store imo voice call app!....

Maybe, we shall see as can't use zero audio nor can I not have a way to call my fame member to join the chat sending them a email is not ideal I wanna ring a Ling them!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 11:48 PM
    I downloaded Skype from 9Apps (I'm in Hong Kong) got it free, runs quite well, no ads and 9Apps sends me a notification when it has an update. Skype is know as a battery draining app at least on my Passport and people I work with who have iPhones tell me the same. Don't know about Android. Rocking 27-7 with my Passport SE & Retired Z10.
    I really want this new native cross platform app to work, seems so promising but very complicated thus far hoping to get help!

Have you tried IMO in place of Skype? It's superb!!

It goes idle also...

I tried them all!!....

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 11:50 PM
    Anybody have the last version of Skype released for blackberry that was updated for the passport? Can't find it? Wanted to try that also although doubt will beat IMO I would love to try version 5.0.507.54461 (google it) I think was optimized for the passport and blackberry native slash port as in the last to ever be entered for BlackBerry native in BBW. I can't find it for download anywhere since BBW pulled it or vice versa. Somebody out there has this version? This is why I use my drive to save every apk, etc now. I use "box" for this purpose have every version so I can rollback when nobody has it anymore I will! This just happened with the Quora droid app as the last update got slower so rolled back bow will stay put until the wheels fall off, in NY opinion the best way to rub with the passport and not so bad considering we get to use the greatest phone and OS of all time!..

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 11:58 PM