This thread just cracks me up.

*dude buys Passport, smartphone for the enterprise*
    *goes to download Instagram (and cannot)*
    u just have no clue do you
    Instagram is my best social media to sell and promote my business

not so smart huh?
    09-25-14 10:44 AM
    So, how did Blaize install a non-third party IG? I'm avoiding the trolls, still looking for an answer.
    09-25-14 10:57 AM
    So, how did Blaize install a non-third party IG? I'm avoiding the trolls, still looking for an answer.

Snap? 1Mobile Market? Downloaded the apk?

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    09-25-14 11:08 AM
    Snap? 1Mobile Market? Downloaded the apk?

And this means? Sorry, I'm coming from iPhone/Android and have never had to do this before, so this is new to me.
    Please be nice.
    09-25-14 11:24 AM
    And this means? Sorry, I'm coming from iPhone/Android and have never had to do this before, so this is new to me.
    Please be nice.
    There is an app called "SNAP" which is basically a Google play client which you can install any android app and have most of them working (unless heavily reliant on Google play services)

The easiest way to install this app client is to:

First go to http://redlightoflove.com/snap/

Download snap, then install sachesi (searchable on crackberry forums), open sachesi, click on install tab then drag the snap.bar into the window.

OR

Use this link shared by helpful crackberry member spiculated

https://onedrive.live.com/redir.aspx...int=file%2capk

This is a file containing instagram 6.0.2 which works fine with 10.3.0.1154.

Let me know how it goes

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 12:07 PM
    One question I have for anyone in the know - how do I get Instagram on my passport!? I've downloaded the 1mobile store but I can't access it as the APK file is zipped...
    .apk files and .bar files are often saved as .apk.zip files and .bar.zip files on BlackBerry 10 devices which are loaded with OS 10.3.0.xxxx.

Consequently we have to rename .apk.zip files and .bar.zip files as .apk files and .bar files.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 01:00 PM
    Please be nice.
    Sorry my bad, your initial question wasn't very clear, thought you were being facetious.
    So to answer your question more clearly:

Snap and 1Mobile are alternative app stores for downloading Android apps.
    The file extension for Android apps is .apk
    If you look on the net you will see that you can download apk's that people have shared for all sorts of apps. These can be independent of app stores.
    Bearing in mind that you've never done this before, the first thing you would need to do, is go to Settings on your Device
    Open the App Manager then Installing Apps
    Switch that toggle to on - this will allow to install Android apps / apps not coming from BlackBerry World

At this stage, I would say installing the 1Mobile Market is your easiest bet, (although most seem to prefer Snap)
    To install 1Mobile, download the app from
    http://market.1mobile.com/
    Once it's finished downloading your browser will open to downloaded files.
    Tap the 1Mobile apk you just downloaded and follow the on screen instructions.
    If the file extension ends with .zip you will have to rename, to remove the. zip, before it will run properly - you can do this from your File Manager, and then long pressing the app until the overflow menu pops up and you see the Properties option

To install Snap would require sideloading.
    There are a few great guides on the forum for sideloading apps, and it's also pretty easy.
    If I'm not mistaken the Snap website will also point you to the sideloading guides on this forum.
    You can get Snap from http://redlightoflove.com/snap

Your other option is to just download the native Instagram version we have in BlackBerry World called iGrann, which was developed by a member of the CB community.
    Hope all this is more helpful.
    09-25-14 02:30 PM
    Amazon.com: Instagram: Appstore for Android is it just not "compatible" with our devices?
    Must be cause it certainly doesn't show up in searches.
    09-26-14 02:23 AM

Downloaded the APK. This one specifically - http://bla1ze.com/Instagram_Latest.apk .. Newer versions don't work right.
    09-26-14 02:24 AM
    Downloaded the APK. This one specifically - http://bla1ze.com/Instagram_Latest.apk .. Newer versions don't work right.
    does the video recording work?
    09-26-14 03:34 AM

I tried this and get message "Failure 500 - "package Id"
    09-26-14 08:56 AM
    Thanks you!! Worked perfect for me!!
    09-26-14 04:45 PM
    This thread just cracks me up.

*dude buys Passport, smartphone for the enterprise*
    *goes to download Instagram (and cannot)*
    And this is the thinking that got BlackBerry in trouble in the first place. Now BlackBerry have a tough battle ahead.

So the people in the boardroom can't enjoy instagram?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 04:58 PM
    If I were you I would delete 1 mobile and all the files downloaded or associated with it and then install SNAP using sachesi.

It's very easy.

First connect phone to computer via USB cable.

1. Download sachesi.
    2. Download snap.
    3. Open sachesi, enter password,
    4. Go to install tab. Drag and drop snap.bar

Done!

Now open snap, log in and then have access to every android app on Google play.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you so much for the 'step-by-step' instructions.. I'm happy to have Instagram on my brand new blackberry passport! Unfortunately, I can't upload any videos - photos are fine. Can you please help? Thank you!!
    10-23-15 08:17 PM
    Have you try to install google play service in your devices?

Posted via CB10  вιaсĸвεггч� Passport
    10-24-15 12:15 PM
    Hi there - yes, I have but it didn't work. I got a msg saying my device isn't compatible with it !?!!? that's when I tried sachesi + snap. Any suggestions?? Thank you!!
    10-27-15 06:16 PM
    If all fails ill send you the .apk which I know works with 10.3 no problems.

Posted via CB10
    Hi there - do you mind sending it to me as well, please? I've tried so many things and nothing's worked 100% so far. I still can't upload videos Thank you!
    10-27-15 06:52 PM
    Inst10 is an alternative that works better than the IG app. You can also download videos and save photos with it.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 07:24 PM
    Inst10 is an alternative that works better than the IG app. You can also download videos and save photos with it.

Posted via CB10
    Hi - I might be doing something really wrong then because I tried Inst10 last week and could not upload videos either (and the non-stop reminder that the trial version was about to expire was annoying the heck out of me!) so I deleted it. I downloaded it again yesterday but it did not let me register (could not enter my postal code for some reason). What should I do next, please? Your assistance is appreciated!!
    10-27-15 07:40 PM
    I use iGrann

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 03:09 AM
    Hi - I might be doing something really wrong then because I tried Inst10 last week and could not upload videos either (and the non-stop reminder that the trial version was about to expire was annoying the heck out of me!) so I deleted it. I downloaded it again yesterday but it did not let me register (could not enter my postal code for some reason). What should I do next, please? Your assistance is appreciated!!
    What postal code? When I got Inst10 I only had to enter my username and password once. When the trial period ended I didn't pay for full features because I don't use Instagram. The developer pushed a new update yesterday, maybe that fixes the video problem?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 06:42 AM
    Hi - I don't really know why it kept asking for my postal code. I entered a random number and got one screen further that said 'username not available' and then it let me in, go figure! I was about to upgrade to Pro when I realized I still wasn't going to be able to upload videos from my phone gallery .. and that's what I want to do. Any suggestions? Thanks
    Last edited by mm67brfostermom; 10-28-15 at 11:18 PM.
    10-28-15 10:25 PM
    I use iGrann

Posted via CB10
    Hi there - unfortunately, iGrann doesn't work for me as I want to upload videos from my phone gallery. I foster cats and uploading videos on Instagram is a great tool for potential adopters to see for themselves how cute they are, how they interact with each other etc. Cats can stare at the camera/phone for a long time without moving a whisker and then, all of sudden BAM! there's some action Sometimes I can get 4, 5 videos out of one shot. I have many videos on my phone ready to be uploaded.... I was using BBQ10 when I decided to get Instagram; Google brought me to this site where I found a solution (.apk file) and that worked like a charm! Maybe I should have made sure it would work with BBPassport as well before upgrading the phone.... or maybe I should have listened to my friends and gotten an iPhone instead.... Thanks for your msg
    10-28-15 10:58 PM
    The Inst10 is pretty much working with me. I can upload and download (save) both pictures and videos. I'm using the paid version (if that'll make difference). If you are heavy user of Instagram and already having a Passport, a few dollar wouldn't hurt you so much to enjoy the app in its native BB10 OS...

One good thing about Passport when accessing Instagram is the format picture of Instagram, it fits perfectly on Passport square screen...

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 12:08 AM
    Hi there � are you saying that I can upload videos from gallery with Insta10?? That wasn�t the case not too long ago:

�I seem to remember it being able to do videos straight from camera, but didn't know it could upload an existing video that you already have stored on your BB. Can this version do that?

NemOry - It cannot upload a video from gallery. Just videos recorded from the app.�

Thanks!
    10-30-15 11:54 PM
80 1234