Just got my Passport SE. Really excited.

Does any one know how I can find out when (which year and month) my unit was made?
    10-19-16 01:33 PM
    They don't put those dates on the devcies or boxes... There should be a date of the box, but that is just the boxing date.

As far as anyone knows all the Passport SE were made last summer, it was some sort of canceled order. There has never been any indication of additional production runs, and BlackBerry never really extended it out to additional markets like the other devcies.

But it is a great BB10 phone... enjoy it.
    10-19-16 01:52 PM
    Just got my Passport SE. Really excited.

Does any one know how I can find out when (which year and month) my unit was made?
    For whatever reason do you wish such information?

Posted via CB10
    10-19-16 02:07 PM
    For whatever reason do you wish such information?

Posted via CB10
    Age of the battery.
    10-19-16 02:16 PM
    Age of the battery.
    Battery Guru in BBW use to be an app that I used a lot - Before BlackBerry added the device monitor. It could gauge your batteries health... Might see it it's still around.
    10-19-16 02:41 PM
    Age of the battery.
    Really! Are planning of changing the battery yourself.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-16 03:54 PM
    Really! Are planning of changing the battery yourself.

Posted via CB10
    Changing the battery isn't the first thing that comes to mind.

As long as the phone can last me 2-3 years, then I'm good.

I do, however, have some concern about the environment...electronics these days seem to be designed with such a short lifetime.
    10-19-16 04:28 PM
    Changing the battery isn't the first thing that comes to mind.

As long as the phone can last me 2-3 years, then I'm good.

I do, however, have some concern about the environment...electronics these days seem to be designed with such a short lifetime.
    I bet any of us that have 9930's in a drawer could charge them up, and use them right away...... Even PLAYBOOKS still run...no worries here!
    10-23-16 09:48 PM
    Battery Guru in BBW use to be an app that I used a lot - Before BlackBerry added the device monitor. It could gauge your batteries health... Might see it it's still around.
    Yes, Battery Guru and Battery Charger (free app) can measure battery health. I recommend to use either of them before to buy BB phone with non replaceable battery from previous user.
    One hint: health measurement can go wrong after wipe/reboot - and stabilise again after 1-2 charging cycles. It happened to me recently when I bought 2nd hand Passport. Previous user sent me screenshot with 94% health - which was fine with me. When I got the phone (wiped by old user) and went ahead with sync, restore, etc. I found out that health was around 80% or so. I wanted to call and curse the seller.... but after next full charge, the health was back to its original 94%.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-27-16 08:32 AM
    I bet any of us that have 9930's in a drawer could charge them up, and use them right away...... Even PLAYBOOKS still run...no worries here!
    I pulled a Palm Treo out of a draw to use as a trade-in (offer was for any working smartphone), after seven years it still had a charge and it kept a charge.
    10-27-16 08:41 AM
    Alright, guess I'll be good for a few more years then. Thank you, all.
    10-27-16 05:43 PM
    Yes, Battery Guru and Battery Charger (free app) can measure battery health. I recommend to use either of them before to buy BB phone with non replaceable battery from previous user.
    One hint: health measurement can go wrong after wipe/reboot - and stabilise again after 1-2 charging cycles. It happened to me recently when I bought 2nd hand Passport. Previous user sent me screenshot with 94% health - which was fine with me. When I got the phone (wiped by old user) and went ahead with sync, restore, etc. I found out that health was around 80% or so. I wanted to call and curse the seller.... but after next full charge, the health was back to its original 94%.

Can anyone provide any insight on how battery guru can provide the health of the battery? I had this app on my Playbook and it was great! I haven't had a chance to install it on my Classic but I may look at downloading it right away on my new SE Passport.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 05:46 PM
    Can anyone provide any insight on how battery guru can provide the health of the battery? I had this app on my Playbook and it was great! I haven't had a chance to install it on my Classic but I may look at downloading it right away on my new SE Passport.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Battery Guru

Peter Hansen has presented this app several years ago on this forum. Probably his posts can be found.
    10-29-16 03:15 PM