Hi all,

Still loving my Passport but haven't been able to find an app (BlackBerry World, Play or Appstore) which lets me rent or buy movies, download and watch them offline like I can with iTunes.

This seems like such a basic requirement I feel like I'm missing something but since they took movies out of BlackBerry World I can't see an option. What am I missing?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 06:42 PM
    What am I missing?
    Nothing. There's not really any way to purchase movies or TV shows for offline use legitimately on your BlackBerry.

• iTunes won't work because the DRM won't allow for playback on other devices.
    • Google Play won't work because of how Google Play Movies are set up and authorized.
    • Not sure if Amazon Prime Instant video works offline or not though, haven't tried that one yet, of course, that assumes you're in a region where Amazon Prime Instant Video is even supported.

There's a few other Android apps that 'sell' videos and TV shows as well such a M-GO but I've never gotten any of those to work as they should as they all either have issues with playback or even processing payments to even be able to download any content. You could purchase from iTunes and strip the DRM but depending on your country that might be deemed 'illegal' but what you do in your own home is none of my concern, just don't ask me how to do it lol.
    05-14-15 07:35 PM
    Thanks Bla1ze I thought that might be the case! Not too keen to break the law if I can avoid it, but this does seem like a bizarre omission. Right now I'm on a commuter train and all I can see around me are people using their mobile device to watch film/TV.

Do you/does anyone know why BlackBerry pulled movies from BBWORLD? Any plans to do anything about it?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 01:34 AM
    Do you/does anyone know why BlackBerry pulled movies from BBWORLD? Any plans to do anything about it?
    Only what BlackBerry noted: BlackBerry shutting down music and video stores on July 21st | CrackBerry.com

They don't seem too keen on taking up any other solutions to offer such things in the short term.
    05-15-15 02:16 AM
    Your only options right now are:

1. Stick to YouTube and other streaming sites;

2. Download movies from your laptop or PC then transfer them to your Passport; and

3. Buy or rent DVD movies instead, then convert them to some movies format playable and transfer them to your Passport.

Not for anything else, but Passport is not really an ideal mobile phone for watching movies - it is more ideal for reading purposes. So, instead of watching movies, you can read some pdf's, news or even eBooks (as other alternatives)

Posted via CB10
    WilliamLimKS likes this.
    05-15-15 10:54 AM
    Prosumers and Enterprise users are too busy being productive (cough, cough) to have time to watch movies on their passports.
    05-15-15 11:04 AM
    You can always use Netflix, Crackle, or a number of other similar apps.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    05-15-15 08:21 PM
    Crackle and Hulu work great for on the road steaming but not for offline.

I can make a plan if I need something better later on. USB to Go helps make that happen. Xilisoft Video Convertor works great for those video torrents we need to change. If you are worried about your cable company and bit torrents. Check out the program " Private Internet Access" This is explained at LifeHacker too.

Here at CB there is talk about [link removed. Stop posting piracy apps.] this is a phone app that works like Popcorn time but lets you actually download movies.
    05-15-15 08:22 PM
    You can always use Netflix, Crackle, or a number of other similar apps.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    Those aren't offline solutions.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 08:44 PM
    Those aren't offline solutions.

Posted via CB10
    Ya. Figured you covered that already.

Just mentioned it in case OP hadn't thought of it.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    05-15-15 09:05 PM
    You can use shobox app to download movies and shows to watch whenever or just stream them!

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 05:59 PM