Home CrackBerry Q&A > BlackBerry Passport

How do I disable the delete button after reading an email on the Passport?

Asked: Jul 27 2015 | 9:56 am EDT 3791 Views 9 Answers View Best Answer

After reading an email, the wastebasket appears and the screen is so sensitive I continuously delete messages by mistake. Any suggestions? Can I turn that wastebasket button off. Can I turn down the screen sensitivity. The passport gives me about 5 seconds to "undo" before it's gone forever.

Best Answer

Jul 27 2015 | 10:10 am EDT pharandemahesh

Go to hub, tap 3 dots in bottom right, - settings - display and actions - scroll bottom there u'll see hub instant actions... change to file.. unfortunately there no "none" option for email action 2

More Answers

Jul 27 2015 | 10:01 am EDT jaydee5799

are you reading the email by opening it or just looking at the list of emails and headers?
No way to turn off the wastebasket btw

Jul 27 2015 | 10:29 am EDT JAS0NB0URNE

See the three lines with the checkmark in the very top right? Click on that to get rid of trash cans.
How do I disable the delete button after reading an email on the Passport?-img_20150727_112756.png

Posted with my  Classic

Jul 27 2015 | 10:45 am EDT BBZ10wannabe

Go to hub, tap 3 dots in bottom right, - settings - display and actions - scroll bottom there u'll see hub instant actions... change to file.. unfortunately there no "none" option for email action 2
On my Z30 the Instant action #2 allows Flag and delete. Same Idea as as your suggestion. You can clean it up a little by changing instant action #1 to none if you like, but delete can't be moved there.

Posted via CB10

Jul 27 2015 | 11:10 am EDT Pdinos3

Well it's not "gone forever" if you have it set to "only delete from hub". Better safe than sorry.

Via CB10 Runnin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339

Jul 28 2015 | 8:19 pm EDT kazzzaa

I also have the same problem with the sensitivity of the waste basket, with me its text messages....I have deleted so many full conversations that have broken my heart.....I'm really interested to know about the only delete from hub option, if that happens where do they sit? I love this phone but am seriously thinking about changing because of that damn little waste basket

Jul 28 2015 | 8:50 pm EDT kazzzaa

Referring to my above message....or is it only emails this works for? Is there anything I can do to not lose my text messages, half the time I don't even know I've deleted them until I go to message that person again, it's really frustrating me.

Jul 28 2015 | 9:34 pm EDT tmurphx5

Not exactly a solution for the OP's issue and a bit off topic.... but as you have Passport (same applies to Q10 and most likely Classic) you could try reading e-mails by sequencing through them using the 'p' button. I use it all the time, it's much more efficient as you avoid going back to the hub. When it's time to delete I just use the 'select more option and delete a bunch all at once. As per a previous post referring to the three lines in the top right hand corner I always have the trash can toggled off.

Jul 28 2015 | 10:23 pm EDT joshua_sx1

How do I disable the delete button after reading an email on the Passport?-img_20150729_062009_edit.png

^^This message should appear for (at least) 3 seconds before it will totally delete your file... see the 'Undo'? Just press it to save your file...

Posted via CB10