Hey Fellow Crackberry Users,

I recently bought a Passport and I have had an SD Card that I have used for all my Blackberry 10 smartphones. However with the bigger hard drive in the Passport I would like to store my music on the phones hard drive rather than the SD card, although I would still like to use the SD Card for video files and pictures and what not (stuff I don't need access to so quickly). With this in mind how I set it so that I can store music on the phones hard drive and pictures and videos on the SD card?

Kris
    10-05-14 02:48 PM
    I have also struggled with this and hope someone can show the way.
    10-05-14 02:57 PM
    I don't know that there's any way to change default storage locations but you can use File Manager to move batches of photos, videos, music or whatever to the SD card or device

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 02:59 PM
    There's a setting in the camera app, where u can decide whether to save on sd card or flash memory.
    If u sync your music to pp, just select the flash drive when moving your stuff from pc to the phone
    10-05-14 03:00 PM
    Hi... Default is media on the mSD-card.
    So you only need to move the music folders from the card to the device. I suggest to do it album by album (Album=Folder).
    I mean do not move all the folder Music but go into Mediacard/Music/ then long press first folder name, you get a side bar menue and chose "Move" then go into Devide/Music/ and confirm.
    You should do this on your phone with the File manager App or on your computer with an USB cable. I would do it on the device, so no need for a computer.
    Here some screenshots:

Attachment 303411

Attachment 303412

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    10-05-14 03:03 PM
    There's a setting in the camera app, where u can decide whether to save on sd card or flash memory.
    If u sync your music to pp, just select the flash drive when moving your stuff from pc to the phone
    This setting can remain unchanged, since the OP wants only to move his music to the phone/device internal memory.

I understood that he already has a full SD card from previous BB phones.

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    10-05-14 03:07 PM
    Hey Fellow Crackberry Users,

I recently bought a Passport and I have had an SD Card that I have used for all my Blackberry 10 smartphones. However with the bigger hard drive in the Passport I would like to store my music on the phones hard drive rather than the SD card, although I would still like to use the SD Card for video files and pictures and what not (stuff I don't need access to so quickly). With this in mind how I set it so that I can store music on the phones hard drive and pictures and videos on the SD card?

Kris
    Great question btw! Its a feature you can set per file by choosing media card or device. It will remember you last option.

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    10-05-14 03:27 PM
    Alright thanks for the help guys everything worked out alright.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 09:56 AM