I have a SQW 100-1 i.e. quite old original PP. The back isn''t neat herringbone style like the Z10 (and the PP SE?) and gets greasy / grimy all too easily. I manage to keep the rest of the phone (glass, edges, kb) pristine. Any ideas? I don't really know what the back and chip cover are made of, but don't want to melt or bubble or etch them by trying the wrong compound.
    01-25-20 02:32 AM
    Just use a damp microfiber cloth or one of those microfiber car wash mitts.

saint300 and Radoslav Valkov like this.
    01-25-20 10:48 AM
    How to clean back of Passport (Original)?-img_20200127_101204.jpg

This works great for me. Just watch out for those fake microfiber cloths that are not actually nicely soft. I have two and both came with quality sunglasses. The difference is one of the cloths was capable of scratching surfaces and damaging optics so just be careful. I strongly recommend Optinett Spray Nettoyant for the screen only. I suspect that as it contains isopropanol this won't be adequate for the back cover.
    01-27-20 02:33 AM
    I have a SQW 100-1 i.e. quite old original PP. The back isn''t neat herringbone style like the Z10 (and the PP SE?) and gets greasy / grimy all too easily. I manage to keep the rest of the phone (glass, edges, kb) pristine. Any ideas? I don't really know what the back and chip cover are made of, but don't want to melt or bubble or etch them by trying the wrong compound.
    Washing machine.
    Use leather car dashboard cleaner spray, apply on sponge and clean the back, or buy a backcover on ebay.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-20 08:27 AM