Hi guys,

Recently my BlackBerry Passport screen went black, display problem got worst and I had to get it replaced, since BlackBerry service center in my city is closed forever I went to a local guy and get it replaced,

How can I know if the screen which is replaced is original or took from another used Passport and he has charged 100$ for the LCD screen.

Any idea?

Posted via CB10
    02-09-17 12:20 PM
    You can't know. Just have to take their word that they replaced it with a new one.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-17 12:23 PM
    Does it work great? If so why does it matter?! Trust me, he didn't charge much. A used screen can cost that much.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-17 01:05 PM
    if he only charged $100 its used/refurbed.
    02-09-17 01:23 PM
    My phone parts supplier at work charges 100$ for a new Passport display.

Android? No thanks. Just give me BB10 and CP/M and I'm a happy man.
    02-09-17 01:43 PM
    wait are we talking about component cost or the repair cost. You can get the Passport screen/digitizer for around $50 wholesale, maybe with retail markup its $100. But no way you walked out the door paying $100 total and got a new screen replacement.
    02-09-17 02:25 PM
    wait are we talking about component cost or the repair cost. You can get the Passport screen/digitizer for around $50 wholesale, maybe with retail markup its $100. But no way you walked out the door paying $100 total and got a new screen replacement.
    Why not?

I see replacement screens on Ebay for 64 CAD with free shipping. Replacing a screen on the Passport takes 20 minutes or less if you know what you're doing (I've done it). Maybe the dealer is just an honest guy?

Posted via CB10
    02-09-17 02:40 PM
    Why not?

I see replacement screens on Ebay for 64 CAD with free shipping. Replacing a screen on the Passport takes 20 minutes or less if you know what you're doing (I've done it). Maybe the dealer is just an honest guy?

Posted via CB10
    It's not dishonest to mark up parts. There are costs to keeping parts inventory in your shop and one should be compensated for that. Maybe if the guy repairs out of a kiosk and so doesn't have high overhead he would charge $100 but I'm skeptical.
    02-09-17 03:01 PM
    Hi guys,

Recently my BlackBerry Passport screen went black, display problem got worst and I had to get it replaced, since BlackBerry service center in my city is closed forever I went to a local guy and get it replaced,

How can I know if the screen which is replaced is original or took from another used Passport and he has charged 100$ for the LCD screen.

Any idea?

Posted via CB10
    wow... i bought it yesterday 115usd oh sittt sooo very expensive, but nothing i got lcd + frame too. i think original i see it is same of my brocken lcd.

 BlackBerry Z10 STL100-2 / 10.3.3.2163
    02-09-17 09:47 PM
    I wonder if there is ever lcd produced as spare part for the Passport. For me it is more likely that the available lcd are cannibalized off those which got returned earlier and not fixable.

Posted from my  Passport
    02-10-17 08:16 AM
    I wonder if there is ever lcd produced as spare part for the Passport. For me it is more likely that the available lcd are cannibalized off those which got returned earlier and not fixable.

Posted from my  Passport
    I don't think they were intended to be produced as spare parts. It's just parts left over in the factory from the production run. That's why all the spare parts are from China.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 10:34 AM