Best Answer

Sep 27 2014 | 6:02 pm EDT anon(8217400)

Type in something in the adress bar and when you see the bing icon in the corner click it and click google

More Answers

Sep 27 2014 | 6:02 pm EDT Resilience

Type something in browser and at the top right hand corner , it will let you change the search engine.

Sep 27 2014 | 6:02 pm EDT junny89

Type something in browser and at the top right hand corner , it will let you change the search engine.
Awesome thanks! Just done it

Posted via CB10

Feb 18 2015 | 12:56 pm EST bbpassportnewbie

Sorry it doesn't let me change at all. When I tap on the right corner, it merely searches the term. I desperately want to get rid of bing, please help, if possible with the help of screen shots because I spent more than an hour and a half attempting to do this and been unsucessful. Thanks in advance.

Feb 18 2015 | 1:13 pm EST Elite1

Sorry it doesn't let me change at all. When I tap on the right corner, it merely searches the term. I desperately want to get rid of bing, please help, if possible with the help of screen shots because I spent more than an hour and a half attempting to do this and been unsucessful. Thanks in advance.
First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. Makes it easier for others to help you.

I'll break it down a bit more for you:
  1. Tap the address bar at bottom of a Browser page.
  2. Start typing, but don't hit Go/Enter.
  3. At top right corner you'll see a small square with logo of your current search engine, so you'll probably see a yellow square with stylized "b" in it.
  4. Tap that logo and a small dropdown list opens with available search engine options.
  5. Tap your choice, for example Google. The dropdown will close and logo is replaced by selection you just made.
  6. Tap address bar again to place cursor and continue entering your search terms.

Your selection will remain as default search engine in Browser unless you change it again.

Feb 18 2015 | 1:51 pm EST bbpassportnewbie

First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. Makes it easier for others to help you.

I'll break it down a bit more for you:
  1. Tap the address bar at bottom of a Browser page.
  2. Start typing, but don't hit Go/Enter.
  3. At top right corner you'll see a small square with logo of your current search engine, so you'll probably see a yellow square with stylized "b" in it.
  4. Tap that logo and a small dropdown list opens with available search engine options.
  5. Tap your choice, for example Google. The dropdown will close and logo is replaced by selection you just made.
  6. Tap address bar again to place cursor and continue entering your search terms.

Your selection will remain as default search engine in Browser unless you change it again.
Hello and Thank you.
You mean profile on blackberry or this forum, please excuse my ignorance.
I have been on this removing bing from my sight but it troubled me so much that I found a roundabout way of not having to see this search engine. I put google as my homepage. At the moment I am managing like this. I will follow the steps you have advised, when I see the next browser search with bing attached. Thanks again.

Feb 18 2015 | 2:05 pm EST Elite1

You mean profile on blackberry or this forum, please excuse my ignorance.
Nothing to excuse at all!

I meant here on CrackBerry.
On the full CrackBerry desktop site, towards top left corner of any Forums page you'll see your username (and avatar if you had one). Under your name is the word Settings and a downward triangle. Tap Settings, then Edit Profile. Here you can select your primary smartphone, tablet or secondary smartphone, location, carrier, time zone, and more.

Feb 18 2015 | 2:25 pm EST velkod

OK how do you change when you highlight a word and click the search tab, sends me to bing. I forgot how to switch that too Google like a did on my Z10

Feb 18 2015 | 5:04 pm EST dualpassport

Does any one know how to make the default https rather than http for ones search engine?

Posted via CB10

Feb 18 2015 | 10:58 pm EST vergiove

Sorry it doesn't let me change at all. When I tap on the right corner, it merely searches the term. I desperately want to get rid of bing.
Type something like "red car"
How to Change Bing to Google for Search Engine?-img_20150219_115729.png
Tap on right corner and you'll find Bing, Google, Yahoo.. hold "Bing" and select delete/remove if you want to get rid of bing

Posted via CB10

Feb 19 2015 | 1:48 am EST Elite1

Tap on right corner and you'll find Bing, Google, Yahoo.. hold "Bing" and select delete/remove if you want to get rid of bing
Cool! Either I never knew that or forgot a long time ago. Good little tip!

Feb 19 2015 | 1:50 am EST Elite1

Does any one know how to make the default https rather than http for ones search engine?
Would you mind giving an example or two of your actual usage please?

Feb 19 2015 | 9:00 am EST bbpassportnewbie

Thank you, I managed to get rid of bing. I think. I haven't seen it today.

May 18 2016 | 3:10 pm EDT Alan Sturk

That is a brilliant piece of advice and help. It works! Thanks.

Mar 13 2017 | 7:28 am EDT palewhiteninja

When I delete bing and yahoo from the browser search options, they keep coming back after awhile and sometimes I still accidentally will use bing if I type a query directly from the home screen and immediately press enter

Mar 13 2017 | 11:04 pm EDT Invictus0

This is what I'm talking about
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170313_124120.png 
Views:	117 
Size:	168.3 KB 
ID:	419335

Posted via CB10
I don't think you can disable Instant Actions but you can remove Extend Search apps by going to Assistant's Settings -> Device Search Settings -> Extended and de-selecting the apps you don't want to use.

Mar 14 2017 | 3:57 am EDT The_Passporter

Would like to add if you find sites that give you difficulty you can get Browsie Browser and go into setting by swiping down from the top of the screen. In settings go to Display Actions/ User Agent/ Desktop User Agent and select FireFox. This engine seems to work best with problem sites.

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10

Aug 10 2018 | 11:18 am EDT ppeters914

Where do I find the settings?
See Post #6

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216

Aug 10 2018 | 12:51 pm EDT Q_10_3_3_0249

O.K. Sorry wrong thread. I came here searching for how to set the start page in Browsie Browser. DuckDuckGo is default and I dont't know how to set another page. I found the option how to set the default search engine, but that's all.

Aug 10 2018 | 3:01 pm EDT Leyra B10

Swipe Down in the Assistant

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to Change Bing to Google for Search Engine?-img_20180810_125555.png   How to Change Bing to Google for Search Engine?-img_20180810_125630.png   How to Change Bing to Google for Search Engine?-img_20180810_125733.png   How to Change Bing to Google for Search Engine?-img_20180810_125641.png