I'm in the process of coming from an iPhone6. I have read some opinions saying to only download "Blackberry Apps" and stay away from Android apps. I assume any app I download from BB World will be Blackberry Native app. Is this true? Or do I just look the "Built for Blackberry" box? Or the "Blackberry Guardian" logo? I just one answer saying it wasn't always possible to know if it were BB Native or Android.
    07-28-15 05:52 PM
    The "Built for Blackberry" ones, the others are ports of android apps. I use some android apps from play store without problems, don't be afraid
    Gebo likes this.
    07-28-15 06:02 PM
    I believe you can tell by the way the app looks on the bottom and when you swipe down from the top. I noticed that all or most android apps have the hide bar feature when you swipe down from the top. The menu is different from the way BlackBerry's is.

 Z10,STL100-3/10.2.1.2156
    Gebo likes this.
    07-28-15 06:03 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jhimmel; 07-28-15 at 06:18 PM.
    07-28-15 06:07 PM
    Build for balackberry

Posted via CB10
    Gebo likes this.
    07-28-15 06:10 PM
    A better way is to look at the screenshots

From the bottom bar in the screenshots you can see if it's a native app or not

Posted via CB10
    Gebo likes this.
    07-28-15 06:13 PM
    A better way is to look at the screenshots

From the bottom bar in the screenshots you can see if it's a native app or not

Posted via CB10
    What exactly do you mean exactly? Please forgive my ignorance. Are you talking about where it says "Built for Blackberry" and "Blackberry Guardian"?
    zehkaiser likes this.
    07-28-15 06:30 PM
    Built for BlackBerry apps are not the only native apps. Those apps are native and also follow certain guidelines for how the app behaves. There are plenty of BlackBerry native apps that don't have the Built for BlackBerry designation.

Posted via CB10
    Gebo and eldricho like this.
    07-28-15 06:48 PM
    Just download apps from the BlackBerry World, to be sure.

BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 on Telkomsel Network
    07-28-15 07:40 PM
    Just download apps from the BlackBerry World, to be sure.

BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 on Telkomsel Network
    That doesn't help the OP, as there are many Android ports in bbw.

Additionally, most native apps do not have the "built for BlackBerry" stamp.

You can tell two ways:

1) Android apps ask for permissions when you install the app. Native apps ask for permissions the first time you run the app.

2) Android apps have the back bar on the bottom of the screen (which can be later hidden if the user chooses).

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Gebo likes this.
    07-28-15 08:01 PM
    There's nothing wrong with downloading android apps, they are scanned when installing..may make it less of a shock with the app difference

Posted via my new passport
    07-28-15 08:54 PM
    There's nothing wrong with downloading android apps, they are scanned when installing..may make it less of a shock with the app difference

Posted via my new passport
    Certainly any Android app vetted by bbw should be OK. I would also feel pretty comfortable with anything from Amazon - both official app stores for BlackBerry.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-28-15 08:57 PM
    @Gebo, Your last statement is true. You cannot differentiate between Native and Android Apps BEFORE downloading.

Glancing thru screen shots posted in BB World may not help always coz some developers cleverly cut the bottom bar in the screenshot.

After downloading, what Conite's Post# 10 is absolutely correct.

'Built for BlackBerry' is some sort of badge if developers follows BB guidelines. Yet some apps which don't follow these guideline are best. Neutron and Star Tracker comes to my mind.

So the best way to know is Ask the right questions here and you will be covered.

Check out this forum BlackBerry 10 Apps - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com all about BB10 apps and subscribe threads which you are interested in. I do the same way and get the best App support.
    Gebo likes this.
    07-28-15 11:07 PM
    @Gebo, Your last statement is true. You cannot differentiate between Native and Android Apps BEFORE downloading.

Glancing thru screen shots posted in BB World may not help always coz some developers cleverly cut the bottom bar in the screenshot.

After downloading, what Conite's Post# 10 is absolutely correct.

'Built for BlackBerry' is some sort of badge if developers follows BB guidelines. Yet some apps which don't follow these guideline are best. Neutron and Star Tracker comes to my mind.

So the best way to know is Ask the right questions here and you will be covered.

Check out this forum BlackBerry 10 Apps - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com all about BB10 apps and subscribe threads which you are interested in. I do the same way and get the best App support.
    King, all the previous responses made the cake but with your response you have covered the cake with buttercream icing. I understand! Thank you so much! Hopefully, we will still get a few candles from this post on....
    07-29-15 07:02 AM
    This should help you abite.

How can I be sure I am only downloading Blackberry Native Apps?-img_20150729_081315.jpg
    KingOfQwerty and Gebo like this.
    07-29-15 09:23 AM
    This should help you abite.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150729_081315.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	167.6 KB 
ID:	364610
    Thanks Smiley for bringing out another dubious class of Apps in BBW. I hate BBRY for allowing such "News for....", "Guide for...." Apps in BBW.
    07-29-15 10:59 AM