Hello All -
    I've got Spotify on my passport and it's awesome but it keeps pausing randomly during playback. The virtual button on screen actually changes to the play arrow....meaning the program itself is actually paused....just as though I hit the pause button. This will happen pretty frequently....sometimes twice during the same song. I've tried everything....signing out "everywhere" at spotify.com and signing back in....uninstalling and re-installing Spotify....device resets....even installed Spotify from different stores - from Android using Snap and from the Amazon App store. When I do that, things will get better for a few hours and then back to random pausing. Any suggestions?
    09-10-15 09:45 AM
    I'm not really sure but isn't it because you have slow Internet connection?

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport
    09-10-15 10:00 AM
    That only happens to me about once a day on my classic, otherwise the app works almost perfectly.
    09-10-15 10:04 AM
    I'm not really sure but isn't it because you have slow Internet connection?

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport
    I don't think so.....I've got wifi connection and also it's FiOS....anyway Spotify is a funny thing...I don't think it's streaming live while it's playing music....I think the music is downloaded a bunch of songs at a time and your phone plays from within. Reason I think that is because it will work in the subway (NYC here) where there is no signal at all...I can listen to music for a long while.
    09-10-15 10:12 AM
    Could you possibly be hitting the space button that will pause it if it's in your pants or a bag. I know your probably not just trying to think of something. I haven't had this happen at all on any of my phones

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 10:24 AM
    Could you possibly be hitting the space button that will pause it if it's in your pants or a bag. I know your probably not just trying to think of something. I haven't had this happen at all on any of my phones
    Yeah I wish it was that simple....no it pauses even while the screen is off and sitting by itself on a table....thanks for the idea though.
    09-10-15 10:33 AM
    Well I had to go and say I wasn't having any problems. I had been riding my bike lately and it pauses every few minute's now ill get two to three songs max before it pauses. Same thing I'm not hitting anything its just random. But if I recall there was an update to the app I'm going to assume that's what caused it. because before I had used it in the truck for music and I drive a lot for work and it never paused before. Anyone find a fix?
    09-15-15 05:22 PM
    Probably your headphone jack or headphones are faulty. Try a different set of them or just playback through the speakerphone and see if the problem persists.

I had a passport with a faulty headphone jack, it assumed I kept putting in and out headphones even when none were in. Really annoying.
    09-15-15 09:32 PM
    One day it was doing this a lot with me and driving me crazy. I turned bluetooth off and it stopped

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 05:24 AM
    One day it was doing this a lot with me and driving me crazy. I turned bluetooth off and it stopped

Posted via CB10
    My pausing issue also seems to have worked itself out. Can't put my finger on what did it, though. I think the headphones were responsible for some of the pauses....maybe with the plug not being firmly inserted....but it also paused using a bluetooth speaker...so maybe that time it was something else...not really sure but it stopped stopping for now so I'm happy.
    09-16-15 09:48 AM