I am very glad to have bought my second blackberry device, a passport SE. Very solid quality and perfect design, very worth for the collection.

But I found it is not so sensitive when I slide the screen up for unlocking the phone. Is it normal or I don't use the right gesture?

Otherwise, is there a good way or shortcuts to input the comma except sliding down the keyboard to input via the virtual keyboard?

Any recommendations for dictionary apps which can display the information after choose the words or sentences? Pls kindly give me some advice, thanks!
    07-18-16 07:35 AM
    I disable swipe to wake on my Passport. It's not reliable.

The Q10 was amazing for this. Passport not so much. Just click 'U' and swipe.
    07-18-16 09:07 AM
    When sliding to unlock, pay attention to where on the screen you are sliding up from. For instance, I recall sliding up from the U location appeared to be more responsive than other keyboard locations.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 09:11 AM
    Thanks for your reply and advice. I will have a try and give my experience later.
    Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 09:53 AM
    I am very glad to have bought my second blackberry device, a passport SE. Very solid quality and perfect design, very worth for the collection.

But I found it is not so sensitive when I slide the screen up for unlocking the phone. Is it normal or I don't use the right gesture?

Otherwise, is there a good way or shortcuts to input the comma except sliding down the keyboard to input via the virtual keyboard?

Any recommendations for dictionary apps which can display the information after choose the words or sentences? Pls kindly give me some advice, thanks!
    I've been having the same issue and was thinking of starting a new thread when i came across this one.
    So, is it a common passport issue or what?

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 10:13 AM
    I disable swipe to wake on my Passport. It's not reliable.

The Q10 was amazing for this. Passport not so much. Just click 'U' and swipe.
    Or 'U' and Enter. For me, it is more convenient and reliable than swiping.
    07-18-16 01:29 PM
    Or 'U' and Enter. For me, it is more convenient and reliable than swiping.
    I like u and enter, but the passport's keyboard is so large that it becomes difficult to perform one-handed. U and swipe is quicker for me.

And since when is swiping from the lock screen not reliable? Never experienced an issue since 2013 so long as the lock screen is lit (i.e. not from a display-off state).
    07-18-16 02:31 PM
    When sliding to unlock, pay attention to where on the screen you are sliding up from. For instance, I recall sliding up from the U location appeared to be more responsive than other keyboard locations.

Posted via CB10
    I think DOCTOREVIL8 maybe give the right answer, I will pay more attention to check it, thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 03:00 PM
    I think DOCTOREVIL8 maybe give the right answer, I will pay more attention to check it, thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Definitely not the right answer. It's not more sensitive near the U. It's uniform along the bottom edge.

Honestly, it's just a big screen, and for some reason not half as responsive as the Q10's for swipe to wake. That's the way it's been since launch.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 03:03 PM
    Definitely not the right answer. It's not more sensitive near the U. It's uniform along the bottom edge.

Honestly, it's just a big screen, and for some reason not half as responsive as the Q10's for swipe to wake. That's the way it's been since launch.

Posted via CB10
    But sometimes I have to swipe for several times to wake up the device, which makes me annoyed. If it is not because the start point, then it should be a hardware issue.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 03:09 PM
    But sometimes I have to swipe for several times to wake up the device, which makes me annoyed. If it is not because the start point, then it should be a hardware issue.

Posted via CB10
    I remember this problem too. Some areas respond better than others. I seem to recall around the U I keys worked better for me. But then I got used to hitting U to unlock, then screen swipe. That worked flawless for me. So then, I could turn off the swipe to wake and save a little battery in the process.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 05:39 PM
    I remember this problem too. Some areas respond better than others. I seem to recall around the U I keys worked better for me. But then I got used to hitting U to unlock, then screen swipe. That worked flawless for me. So then, I could turn off the swipe to wake and save a little battery in the process.

Posted via CB10
    Cool, thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 05:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well yeah, that's what I've been saying.

You should disable swipe to wake anyway, saves battery. And due to the massive screen, accidentally unlocking the phone is a common occurrence (if you have a delayed password lock).

And I guess it's more taxing on the battery to keep the touch sensors semi-awake all the time on the Passport vs the other BB10 screens.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 05:58 PM
    I've been using a Passport for a year & 7 months now, and I just now learned about the U here. Thanks! Lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-16 06:16 PM
    You should disable swipe to wake anyway, saves battery.
    For reals? I mean, the logic makes sense... but are you sure somehow? Isn't it possible that the touch-sensors are still going but the software is just ignoring them? If you are certain, I will likely disable mine too.

I don't have a problem with the sensitivity as is. However, I recall that there was a time when I thought it was too sensitive and I found that the screen kept waking itself and doing all sorts of things in my pocket, including accidental calls to my contacts. I think that it is something they have tweaked with OS updates though most of us are unaware. I think it would make sense to be able to tweak the sensitivity of it, as I'm sure many users preferences differ. I find that starting the gesture slowly until you see the screen come on works perfectly.
    07-19-16 06:38 PM
    Re: your second question: comma is hidden behind virtual key for language selection. You can set up to use only 1 language and the comma will be always visible. Or in settings you can disable option to select languages.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-16 02:41 AM
    I think BlackBerry made the swipe to wake algorithm the same as the other blackberry device which is smaller or less wide. Since the other blackberry phone is less wide. It is natural to swipe above letter R and T which is the most sensitive. Unlike passport which is wide, our tendency as right handed to swipe above letter U and I unfortunately they are less sensitive. Probably purposely design for other device for incidental wake. Lucky for those lefty, they won't encounter this problem.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-16 03:10 AM
    @morizek
    Many thanks for your reply, after I disabled the quick switch, I can long press the comma to change the language.
    07-21-16 06:38 AM
    I think BlackBerry made the swipe to wake algorithm the same as the other blackberry device which is smaller or less wide. Since the other blackberry phone is less wide. It is natural to swipe above letter R and T which is the most sensitive. Unlike passport which is wide, our tendency as right handed to swipe above letter U and I unfortunately they are less sensitive. Probably purposely design for other device for incidental wake. Lucky for those lefty, they won't encounter this problem.

Posted via CB10
    I think maybe they want to reduce the mistaken unlock in the pocket. Actually, there should be a fingerprint unlock button there.
    07-21-16 06:42 AM
    I've been having the same issue and was thinking of starting a new thread when i came across this one.
    So, is it a common passport issue or what?

Posted via CB10
    I have the same issue so I would say it's a bit common. I like the U and swipe idea

Posted via CB10
    07-21-16 06:43 AM
    It seems the screen sensitivity isn't that good I general. Sometimes I have to tap twice or more on an application or the quick settings men.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-16 01:24 PM
    I think the time you lift your swipe makes the difference?

It usually works for me. But sometimes I need to swipe twice.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    07-23-16 04:33 AM