I am thinking about upgrading my blackberry torch to passport. Either I buy an unlocked one from Amazon or at&t one from fleabay.

My question is if I go the unlocked route, I know I need to cut my sim chip down but does anyone know what settings I use in order to get the unlock phone branded to at&t so data, VM, text messages, etc work properly?

Thank you
    07-26-15 03:15 AM
    Everything should work soon after you put in your SIM card--especially if you buy the AT&T version (btw I recommend you don't do the whole SIM card chopping thing, just get a new nano SIM.) But if it doesn't, the phone can be provisioned with AT&T using a dummy IMEI that'll make it work.

AFAIK, this workaround hasn't been needed for a while, though. It was more of a problem when the Passport (the unbranded one) had initially launched and some (not all) owners were having issues with AT&T's system recognizing the device.
    07-26-15 12:51 PM
    Went from a 9900 to S2 to Q10 to a Passport. AT&T store replaced the Sims at no charge and didn't loose any info.
    07-26-15 02:31 PM