Hi,

I have a problem with my device. It is rebooting instantly and does not even turn itself off. I had the same problem before (along with some other problems) but I now updated the device to the last OS version the problem still persists. Reboots just after it boots.

I did reload the OS through BB Link. No luck.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by tplcem; 04-28-15 at 11:44 AM.
    04-28-15 11:32 AM
    Reload the OS. Use BlackBerry Link.

Posted from BlackBerry Z10.
    04-28-15 11:41 AM
    I did already. No luck. Still persists.
    04-28-15 11:44 AM
    Could be a bad motherboard. If it's under the year warranty, I'd return it for another one or get my money back and get one somewhere different...

04-28-15 11:50 AM
    Can I send this to Blackberry itself? This came to me from abroad (a retailer whom I don't know).
    04-28-15 12:01 PM
    Take it into your carrier and tell them you want to send it away for an issue with the device, and say it's a possibility it could be a defective motherboard. Tell them you want to send it out for warranty, and request them to give you a loaner device, until you get yours back.

04-28-15 12:21 PM
    I am not in US nor in UK. My local carrier supports Blackberry devices but not Passport. Would they still take it and send it to BB?
    04-28-15 01:58 PM
    If you bought it from that Carrier, I'd demand them to provide warranty support. If they don't help you. Call BlackBerry in your area. Push it. You are really supposed to go through the carrier for help first, and they can give you a case number for warranty. Try this route first. If that fails, call BlackBerry, tell them the day you bought it ( They can see the date the BlackBerry I.D. Was first logged in on the device anyhow...) and explain what is going on, and that you may have a defective motherboard. Tell them you tried the carrier first, and if they didn't help you, that you want help for a warranty claim for them - BlackBerry.

Try that and let me know how it goes.

04-28-15 02:08 PM
    Before playing telephone tennis with various call centres, and assuming you haven't already, try taking the sim/sd cover off and see if the problem disappears - it could be fouling the power button if it's not quite on right.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 05:41 PM