Suggestions please!

Conservatively, I have 100+ separate login/password combinations and have not previously used Password Keeper (been low tech).

Is there an easier way to get the info into Password Keeper from scratch without manually entering them one-by-one?

I'm open to using an app instead of the BB Password Keeper and have looked at several (Enpass looked good until I saw it'd also be a manual set-up).

Help! Save my sanity! Thanks!
    07-15-15 01:45 PM
    Depends on your current file format. If it can be imported you can try. Other than that, you can not just "think" of the login information and have it appear. There is going to be manual entry at a minimum.
    07-15-15 02:10 PM
    07-15-15 02:43 PM
    Well apparently my bad for not providing better detail.

I know that you can import from other BB's password keeper or other electronic password programs.

I have a basic, password protected desktop file and I can convert it into pretty much any delimited format and layout they'd want, but I need a tool that would support that option.

However I haven't found any that will import from delimited files (text, csv, etc.)

Thanks,
    Last edited by KKTien; 07-15-15 at 02:48 PM. Reason: more polite
    07-15-15 02:44 PM
    I have a basic, password protected desktop file and I can convert it into pretty much any delimited format and layout they'd want, but I need a tool that would support that option.
    Try formatting your file as tab-delimited CSV with these column headings:
    url, username, password, extra, name, grouping, fav, customFields, lastModifiedTime, uid, usernameLabel, passwordLabel, websiteLabel, notesLabel, passwordSetDate, flags, imageIndex, dataVersion

I would populate these columns at minimum:
    url (of website)
    username
    password
    name (of website)
    Last edited by eywong; 07-15-15 at 03:40 PM.
    modifier likes this.
    07-15-15 03:23 PM
    Will do!!! Thanks!
    07-15-15 03:33 PM
    Has anyone had any luck with this?
    08-05-15 05:48 PM
    Luck with what?
    08-05-15 08:24 PM
    I use Enpass Password Manager, they have a desktop app that allows you to import a plain CSV file along with files from loads of other password apps. Once in the Desktop app you can either sync via dropbox with the mobile app or export/import the password file.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-07-15 07:02 AM
    Hi,

I've just got a Z10, and have been looking at this myself, as I had 400+ entries in my Oubliette file (Tranglos Software: Freeware).

I've now been able to successfully import them into the latest Password Keeper, using Microsoft Excel to modify Oubliette's own exported password data into a format that Password Keeper "sees" correctly when using the "For Backberry 10" restore option.

Be happy to share it here, if you or anyone else needs it. Would a tutorial be better? A "How To" post in "BB10 Tips, How To & FAQ"?

I couldn't see a method listed already in any post, despite searching....

Regards

JKW
    01-12-16 04:09 AM
    Hi,

I've just got a Z10, and have been looking at this myself, as I had 400+ entries in my Oubliette file (Tranglos Software: Freeware).

I've now been able to successfully import them into the latest Password Keeper, using Microsoft Excel to modify Oubliette's own exported password data into a format that Password Keeper "sees" correctly when using the "For Backberry 10" restore option.

Be happy to share it here, if you or anyone else needs it. Would a tutorial be better? A "How To" post in "BB10 Tips, How To & FAQ"?

I couldn't see a method listed already in any post, despite searching....

Regards

JKW
    Please share by posting. Much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 05:54 AM
    Please share by posting. Much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    Hi,

Will do. I started writing it up yesterday assuming someone would want it, and am nearly done. I'll post it here asap.

Regards

James
    01-13-16 12:43 AM
    Hi,

Will do. I started writing it up yesterday assuming someone would want it, and am nearly done. I'll post it here asap.

Regards

James
    OK, it's posted, and now just waiting for a Moderator to release it. I've posted it to the OS10 forum, with a view to making it a sticky thread in the OS10 FAQ, but whatever happens, I'll post a link to it here.

Regards

James
    01-13-16 05:43 AM
    It doesn't seem to be for anyone looking for an easy path lol. But good on you.
    01-13-16 07:02 AM
    *grins*

Write up now published here; http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...eeper-1058071/

I think I could have made it simpler, but the long and the short of it is to create at least one password / username record in Password Keeper, export it unencrypted as a .csv, then get your exported .csv / data from your other application, and copy it into the Password Keeper exported .csv file. You do a bit of tweaking as I cover in the above post, and then import it back in.

Regards

James
    kbz1960, nyplaya610 and Bubba245 like this.
    01-13-16 08:24 AM