These manufacturing issues exacerbate what may be a design problem.
    I agree, this is possible. Harder to prove, though.

I look at Samsung Galaxy note phones and am pretty sure those get stuffed in pockets quite often (your iPhone 6 comparison), yet we don't hear of the same problems and there are quite a few of those in the wild.
    A big reason this isn't an issue on the Note phones is because they're built on a pretty solid slab of magnesium, with just a few holes in it to let some cables through. This is the best pic I could find, and it's not one of the newer Notes (3 or 4), but all of the Notes and all of the Galaxy S phones through the S4 were built on a near-solid slab like this (in this pic, it's the grey piece at the top).

How can I fix my Blackberry Passport LCD that has dislodged?-dsc_0493.jpg

This is the frame of the Passport:

How can I fix my Blackberry Passport LCD that has dislodged?-passport-design.jpg

As you can see, the sides are kind of I-beam like, and they are going to be very strong against bending horizontally, the way the iPhone 6s were bending. But the frame on the top and bottom are flat, irregular, and not even fully joined where the USB plug is, so the design is MUCH weaker along the vertical axis, and that's the kind of bending that's likely to happen when the phone is in a front pants pocket and your pants try to bend it to match the curve of your thigh. Because of the Passport's size and corners, and the normal angle of most pockets, it most commonly bends (or twists) in a diagonal from top left to bottom right, which is why it's almost always the bottom right of the screen that is lifting. Someone carrying it in their left pocket, or in the right pocket screen out (instead of in), would likely have it lift on the bottom left.
    dejanh likes this.
    02-19-15 12:50 AM
    I agree, this is possible. Harder to prove, though.

A big reason this isn't an issue on the Note phones is because they're built on a pretty solid slab of magnesium, with just a few holes in it to let some cables through. This is the best pic I could find, and it's not one of the newer Notes (3 or 4), but all of the Notes and all of the Galaxy S phones through the S4 were built on a near-solid slab like this (in this pic, it's the grey piece at the top).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0493.JPG 
Views:	445 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	334484

This is the frame of the Passport:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	passport-design.jpg 
Views:	442 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	334483

As you can see, the sides are kind of I-beam like, and they are going to be very strong against bending horizontally, the way the iPhone 6s were bending. But the frame on the top and bottom are flat, irregular, and not even fully joined where the USB plug is, so the design is MUCH weaker along the vertical axis, and that's the kind of bending that's likely to happen when the phone is in a front pants pocket and your pants try to bend it to match the curve of your thigh. Because of the Passport's size and corners, and the normal angle of most pockets, it most commonly bends (or twists) in a diagonal from top left to bottom right, which is why it's almost always the bottom right of the screen that is lifting. Someone carrying it in their left pocket, or in the right pocket screen out (instead of in), would likely have it lift on the bottom left.
    Nice,but the Glass should and would, act also as structure if attached to the frame correctly ,the problem for myself is the adhesive is not connecting the glass to the frame as it should,thus you gave me food for thought that eventually because of the defective adhesive the frame could bend down the road much more easily.lol
    02-19-15 06:55 AM
    Mine was bought over a month ago, and has the problem. Amazon says the window of return is closed now. Will contact BB directly.
    02-19-15 10:07 AM
    Can someone post the best number to use for contacting BlackBerry for warranty returns?

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 11:36 AM
    I've had 2 black ones that twisted and a red one that hadn't. The "smooth touch backplate" of the red and white have kept the passports form true. You clearly understand the backs are made of different materials don't you?

Posted via CB10
    Well, I find it very hard to believe that wafer thin plastic (in both cases ABS plastic base with different paint) is going to structurally support a stainless steel frame. If you pull off the SIM/SD card slot cover you will see that the opposite side is black because the outside is painted red or white (I own a red one). The black one has a rubberized paint vs smooth only because this type of finish absorbs oil and dirt from our hands overtime, so smooth finish is chosen to repel. I am sure they would choose smooth finish for all phones, but would then have to deal with complaints of discolouration.

FYI, I come from a plastics design background and above is my best guess. For sure would say rubberized paint vs smooth paint is not going to matter to support the stainless frame and to prevent your screen from popping out! It is purely coincidence that you've had red and white that don't pop out. This is IMHO.
    02-19-15 12:00 PM
    Well, I find it very hard to believe that wafer thin plastic (in both cases ABS plastic base with different paint) is going to structurally support a stainless steel frame. If you pull off the SIM/SD card slot cover you will see that the opposite side is black because the outside is painted red or white (I own a red one). The black one has a rubberized paint vs smooth only because this type of finish absorbs oil and dirt from our hands overtime, so smooth finish is chosen to repel. I am sure they would choose smooth finish for all phones, but would then have to deal with complaints of discolouration.

FYI, I come from a plastics design background and above is my best guess. For sure would say rubberized paint vs smooth paint is not going to matter to support the stainless frame and to prevent your screen from popping out! It is purely coincidence that you've had red and white that don't pop out. This is IMHO.
    I definitely respect your background and expertise on the matter. But at what point do we stop calling it a coincidence? All the lifted screens twists seem to come from the Black variant. I may be wrong, but I have yet to see a red or white with screen lift and bending issues on this forum. Now granted, it may be a sample size issue but I haven't seen any complaints up to this point.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 02:40 PM
    I definitely respect your background and expertise on the matter. But at what point do we stop calling it a coincidence? All the lifted screens twists seem to come from the Black variant. I may be wrong, but I have yet to see a red or white with screen lift and bending issues on this forum. Now granted, it may be a sample size issue but I haven't seen any complaints up to this point.

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...42/index7.html

User 'pcex' at 11:02AM this morning confirmed screen lift with red passport.

My opinion on this issue is that the screen lifting is likely caused by below possibility:

Since the stainless steel frame is about 4-5mm, it is commonly supplied in bars or plates and BlackBerry likely has supplier cut the and machine the frame via CNC in several steps. The problem could be that there is stresses in the steel (due to how they form the stock material) because it has not been normalized after processing (heated at high temperature to relax the material and eliminate pre stresses). So if there are any stresses in the steel and they basically core it out, it will take to a different shape (not perfectly flat or twist) as the material which was removed is no longer holding the frame in shape. Normally this process is done for any steel structures that have been significantly welded and need to be 'baked' to normalize the material prior to any machining, because if they do not, the same thing happens, material relaxes and goes out of shape as soon as significant material is removed.

Another reason could simply be the fixturing they use to hold the piece of steel in the CNC machine and if it were too tight and they machine, it can do a similar relaxing once they release the machined part...

Another could be that the glass itself is not made flat (but I think unlikely).

Another could be the internals and how they are screwed into the frame could cause a twist.

There are probably a myriad of other ways, but my opinion is that the steel frame is twisted from manufacturing or assembly processes. I definitely believe they will all be susceptible regardless of colour (even the gold one).
    02-19-15 03:16 PM
    1-877-255-2377
    1-866-957-0761 (press option 2) I'm not sure which one to call first
    02-19-15 06:26 PM
    Can someone post the best number to use for contacting BlackBerry for warranty returns?

Posted via CB10
    Look at the post above,lol
    02-19-15 06:27 PM
    And BB should just extend the warranty on ALL Passports. That would be the thing to do in 2015.

Like Apple.
    Apple Offers Extended Coverage For 2011-2013 MacBook Pros With Video Issues | TechCrunch
    02-19-15 08:09 PM
    Haha I have the same problem in the same location so I use crazy glue. I dab along the side of the screen quickly and then put a little pressure on the screen for 3 minutes. That does the trick for me.

If you get a little messy do not worry. Use a Q-tip and acetone to gently brush away the dry residue left by the glue.

I don't want to bother sending it in for warranty. I hope this helps with your situation. The longer you leave that gap open, the more likely dust will get underneath the screen and you will soon see spots all over your screen.
    02-19-15 10:53 PM
    Haha I have the same problem in the same location so I use crazy glue. I dab along the side of the screen quickly and then put a little pressure on the screen for 3 minutes. That does the trick for me.

If you get a little messy do not worry. Use a Q-tip and acetone to gently brush away the dry residue left by the glue.

I don't want to bother sending it in for warranty. I hope this helps with your situation. The longer you leave that gap open, the more likely dust will get underneath the screen and you will soon see spots all over your screen.
    Thanks,,we have a new product here ,it's called Gorilla Glue,let's try different glues out there and get back to each other about their performance.Trouble is I don't do Bric a Brac,I pay good$ and want a good Product not seconds or defects.My replacement might arrive today and if it is not top knotch it goes back.lol
    02-20-15 06:36 AM
    Hi,
    Is there someone here who HAS the display lifting problem with white BB Passport ?
    02-20-15 08:02 AM
    If you cannot send the phone out to Blackberry, try to purchase a roll of 3M 300LSE or higher grade DS tape. This tape is a very strong grade and better than what BlackBerry used to secure the screen in the first place. I don't know how things work in Iran, but if you have a 3M office close to you or at least can access eBay, you should be able to purchase either a thin-cut roll or square cut pieces of the tape. Apply it to the back of the screen and keep pressure on it for at least 10 minutes so the tape can properly bond...you'll be in business and that screen will not be a problem again.
    08-28-15 05:07 PM
    Salam , baraye manam intori shode ,
    shoma irani hasti ?
    Tunesti doros konid gu****ono ?
    Ba tashakor
    What????
    08-28-15 05:57 PM
65 123