Just called the Blackberry support to get a replacement. They were super nice and there was no problem getting a replacement sent. They will send a new one with a return label for the old one. The only bummer is that I will need a new screen protector and even worse to reinstall all of my data and apps.

Posted via CB10
    mikedolo likes this.
    02-16-15 08:28 PM
    I'm sorry to hear about your issue as the same thing happened to me. I contacted Blackberry and at first they suggested I send it to any cell phone repair place for the fix. I advised that I wanted an authorized BlackBerry technician to repair my device. The person placed me on hold and told me to take a pic of it then send it to her. I did what she asked and after a couple of hours advised me they would incur all costs of repair and completed I believe an RMA. Told me a box would arrive but that I would be without my device for two to three weeks. I was disappointed but I wanted my BlackBerry repaired. I purchased my BlackBerry Oct. 3, 2014 an early build. They advised me my device will be repaired. However, when I received the device it was a new one. I would contact BlackBerry and provide the serial number. They cover hardware. Good luck

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    02-16-15 08:41 PM
    Just called the Blackberry support to get a replacement. They were super nice and there was no problem getting a replacement sent. They will send a new one with a return label for the old one. The only bummer is that I will need a new screen protector and even worse to reinstall all of my data and apps.

Posted via CB10
    Why not do a backup, then restore?

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    02-16-15 11:40 PM
    Why not do a backup, then restore?

Posted via CB10
    my full back up took 30 mins,I think that's his problem,lol
    Carl Estes likes this.
    02-17-15 04:38 AM
    between the screen lifting rumour and flickering crap. Had to get rid of what i feel was cheaply made. loved the phone but glad to be back on my Z30. paid 607 taxes in with the shopblackberry coupon in october. sold today for 480. im happy. good riddance
    "cheaply made"? There is nothing cheaply made about my Passport.
    02-17-15 08:04 AM
    The problem is that Blackberry uses double sided tape to secure the screen. They do that with all their phones. They don't have that issue with the other phones but they do with the Passport because of the frame twisting problem. Blackberry have a serious problem here and they better find a fix real quick because the frame twisting issue will still be present even if they replace the screen.This could lose them a lot of sales if the problem isn't fixed and people continue to report this issue.I would recommend just sending the phone back while you still can and buy an other phone. Hopefully they will switch production to Foxconn and ditch that useless factory in Mexico.
    "frame twisting problems"? Where did you guys buy or get your Passports? Or rather, how do you guys generally handle your Passports?
    02-17-15 08:09 AM
    Glad u feel the way . Have a good day
    02-17-15 08:11 AM
    I have the same Issue. I bought my at MediaMarkt in Germany and they have to sent it back to BlackBerry. So I have to wait proximity 2 or 3 weeks.

Attachment 334227
    02-17-15 02:37 PM
    my full back up took 30 mins,I think that's his problem,lol
    Actually, my only gripe is that it's not always seemless with the apps and data within the apps after a transfer/back-up. I have gone from a Z10 to Z30 to Passport and it has never been a clean 30 minutes. I always loose certain info or have to manually install certain things. However, I have never gone from one device to the same device. Maybe that's different.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 03:59 PM
    I guess I'm on the final leg of returning my Passport , customer service emailed me and asked when they can call me for credit card info as I have to sort of prepay the device they will send me, if I don't return mine,the faulty one,to them within 10 days,they will charge me for the replacement. I am going to try and get a red replacement for an extra $100,wish me luck..
    02-17-15 04:09 PM
    I guess I'm on the final leg of returning my Passport , customer service emailed me and asked when they can call me for credit card info as I have to sort of prepay the device they will send me, if I don't return mine,the faulty one,to them within 10 days,they will charge me for the replacement. I am going to try and get a red replacement for an extra $100,wish me luck..
    Good luck

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    02-17-15 05:33 PM
    Good luck

Posted via CB10
    I know they need the money,hahaha so why not try.lol
    02-17-15 05:37 PM
    Possible cost cutting during the Thorsten regime. I actually wish these were made by Foxconn and not the current manufacturer in Mexico.

Males me wonder if the AT&T variant is manufactured in China or Mexico.
    This isn't a manufacturing problem - it's a design problem. The adhesive used is the same adhesive used by several hundred other mobile devices. The issue isn't the adhesive, it's that the top and bottom of the frame are not sufficiently strong to stop longitudinal twisting of the frame, which most commonly happens when you put the phone in a front pants pocket. If you kneel or sit, your pants tighten at the thigh and try to make the flat phone conform to the curve of your thigh, which bends or twists the frame from top to bottom and causes the more rigid glass/display to lift, given that the adhesive isn't strong enough to hold when there is that much force applied to the phone.

This kind of thing isn't a problem with smaller phones, but larger/wider phones are going to be more affected by tight pants than a smaller/narrower phone, and most manufacturers haven't compensated for the additional forces that are likely to be applied to these larger phones by making stronger/more reinforced frames for them. It's a very similar problem as the iPhone 6 and especially 6+.

It wouldn't matter who manufactured the phone or where, as long as they are using the same flawed design.
    Andrew1978 likes this.
    02-18-15 12:09 AM
    Time for Chen to step up and extend the warranty on all Passports.

Posted via Passport.
    FalkirkEagle likes this.
    02-18-15 01:51 AM
    This isn't a manufacturing problem - it's a design problem. The adhesive used is the same adhesive used by several hundred other mobile devices. The issue isn't the adhesive, it's that the top and bottom of the frame are not sufficiently strong to stop longitudinal twisting of the frame, which most commonly happens when you put the phone in a front pants pocket. If you kneel or sit, your pants tighten at the thigh and try to make the flat phone conform to the curve of your thigh, which bends or twists the frame from top to bottom and causes the more rigid glass/display to lift, given that the adhesive isn't strong enough to hold when there is that much force applied to the phone.

This kind of thing isn't a problem with smaller phones, but larger/wider phones are going to be more affected by tight pants than a smaller/narrower phone, and most manufacturers haven't compensated for the additional forces that are likely to be applied to these larger phones by making stronger/more reinforced frames for them. It's a very similar problem as the iPhone 6 and especially 6+.

It wouldn't matter who manufactured the phone or where, as long as they are using the same flawed design.
    Mine never twisted,I checked it with a straight edge and it is perfectly square.might be some contamination on the parts where the adhesive is.
    02-18-15 05:35 AM

While I partially agree with the design flaw, the fact remains that of the 4 passports I've had, all 4 have inconsistent screen seating/placement. One had the top right-corner sit very deep in the frame, one had the top right corner raised from the frame, a third one had an unstable screen (moved slightly), and a fourth had 2 dead pixels in the middle of the screen (the 4th has nothing to do with lift, just pointing out build quality).
    These manufacturing issues exacerbate what may be a design problem. I look at Samsung Galaxy note phones and am pretty sure those get stuffed in pockets quite often (your iPhone 6 comparison), yet we don't hear of the same problems and there are quite a few of those in the wild.
    The screen inconsistencies and even glue staining on the back of these highlight the lackluster production effort. But for the record, the newest red passport I have still has a non-flush screen, but all the other issues are absent and works like a charm.

Posted via CB10
    dejanh likes this.
    02-18-15 10:00 AM
    My phone just started exhibiting this condition last night.

Very frustrating BlackBerry!

Having been a BlackBerry user for well over a decade and never having a quality issue in the past, it is unbelievable that Mr Chen could have so arrogantly spewed his bafoonery literally challenging folks to try bending his unbendable phone... all the while with these design and manufacturing flaws built in.

Posted via CB10
    dejanh likes this.
    02-18-15 10:55 AM
    My replacement is in the mail,I asked if I could upgrade to a red one for an extra $100 and they said No, just like they told many other people,Louis told me.Friday is my ETA but probably Monday.
    02-18-15 05:42 PM
    My replacement is in the mail,I asked if I could upgrade to a red one for an extra $100 and they said No, just like they told many other people,Louis told me.Friday is my ETA but probably Monday.
    That's too bad, the red and white actually add a little more rigidity to the frame.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 05:52 PM
    That's too bad, the red and white actually add a little more rigidity to the frame.

Posted via CB10
    Are you serious? Where did that information come from?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 07:19 PM
    Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 07:28 PM
    Red and white add more rigidity? Are you referring to the more smooth touch back plate (wafer thin) as a structural advantage to stainless steel? LOL

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 07:39 PM
    Are you serious? Where did that information come from?

Posted via CB10
    This is based on my personal experience having used all three.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 07:39 PM
    I've had 3 passports now, two black and my current red. Not one issue at all. The Classic is another story all together.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 07:41 PM
    Red and white add more rigidity? Are you referring to the more smooth touch back plate (wafer thin) as a structural advantage? LOL

Posted via CB10
    I've had 2 black ones that twisted and a red one that hadn't. The "smooth touch backplate" of the red and white have kept the passports form true. You clearly understand the backs are made of different materials don't you?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 07:42 PM
65 123