Hello Guys,

My bb passport screen dislodge and i have no access to any blackberry support center.
    would you please help me to fix it, the instruction and what equipment i need ?

How can I fix my Blackberry Passport LCD that has dislodged?-img_20150216_100026.jpg
    Hooman Abaei likes this.
    02-16-15 12:37 AM
    Warranty ? Send it back, get a new one.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    02-16-15 02:43 AM
    Seems like a pretty common defect. ==. Where and when did you buy it? Maybe, you can still get a warranty claim for it.
    bitratebb likes this.
    02-16-15 02:57 AM
    Hope you can get it fixed or replaced. That screen lifting issue is quite prevalent. Do a search, I believe someone here was successful in repairing it.

Posted from an ME173X
    02-16-15 03:43 AM
    I was buy 2 weeks ago from dubai, UAE.
    now i am at Kish Island, Iran. here is no blackberry store or any other support or warranty.
    02-16-15 06:52 AM
    I was buy 2 weeks ago from dubai, UAE.
    now i am at Kish Island, Iran. here is no blackberry store or any other support or warranty.
    I guess you have to send it back to where you bought it or at least contact them and ask them what to do .I have the same problem but not as bad.I am not going to fix it myself,no way.
    02-16-15 07:05 AM
    I have also noticed my screen is ever so slightly out just near the front camera on the side, and I was wondering if anyone knew if it could be fixed?, it's not bad at all but I just don't want it to get worse, I even fort maybe a tiny bit of superglue might do the job?

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 07:27 AM
    I have also noticed my screen is ever so slightly out just near the front camera on the side, and I was wondering if anyone knew if it could be fixed?, it's not bad at all but I just don't want it to get worse, I even fort maybe a tiny bit of superglue might do the job?

Posted via CB10
    Don't touch it ,return it ASAP,they might void the warranty if tampered with,my main concern is that dust and or debris might enter and then what? anyway I contacted BB and they will repair my phone ,it's confirmed,now I have to try and get them to send me a red one for I guess $100 more than what I paid,we'll see.I can see light coming out from the side,lucky I still have my Z10,but now I have to get a new sim card again from bell.
    02-16-15 10:33 AM
    And this What is It about You?
    How can I fix my Blackberry Passport LCD that has dislodged?-img-20150216-wa001_edit.jpg

Posted via Passport CB 10
    02-16-15 10:37 AM
    Id buy a case and forget about it. For now.
    02-16-15 10:41 AM
    This happened to me, I contacted BlackBerry, talk to their RMA and you'll get a ticket where they will send you a new one with a box for you to send it back

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Carl Estes likes this.
    02-16-15 10:45 AM
    Id buy a case and forget about it. For now.
    Yes I have ringke fusion case smoke black

02-16-15 10:49 AM
    This happened to me, I contacted BlackBerry, talk to their RMA and you'll get a ticket where they will send you a new one with a box for you to send it back

did You received an other new one?

02-16-15 10:50 AM
    Seems to be more and more of these are showing up. It's not good, but it is perfectly expected. Design faults won't go away. There are only things you can do to partially mitigate the risk, like having a rigid case on the device, never putting it in any tight pockets, or buying the red or white version because of their more rigid back. All in all, this is not good news.

To the OP, I've repaired this issue on my device back in October. Search for my thread, I believe named "My Passport screen is splitting". Just be prepared to weed through a lot of bashing and nasty posts before you find useful information. I have a link posted in that thread showing the phone disassembled with some instructions.

Good luck!
    02-16-15 11:32 AM
    How can I fix my Blackberry Passport LCD that has dislodged?-img_20150216_120255.jpg
    How can I fix my Blackberry Passport LCD that has dislodged?-img_20150216_120309.jpg
    How can I fix my Blackberry Passport LCD that has dislodged?-img_20150216_120510.jpg

Passport guys Rock!!!
    02-16-15 11:33 AM
    The last picture is ok because I pressed it back but in a couple of minutes it comes back up

Passport guys Rock!!!
    02-16-15 11:36 AM
    I just dont get it- why did they use glue? (tape).....I dont get it!! Screws are perfect and for sure a better solution!
    02-16-15 11:38 AM
    The last picture is ok because I pressed it back but in a couple of minutes it comes back up

Passport guys Rock!!!
    Why does the black margin on the right side of the device seem to get bigger towards the top of the device? Seems to me like the little gap of light at the bottom of the screen is the least of your concerns,... the whole thing seems to have come undone.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 11:38 AM
    Why does the black margin on the right side of the device seem to get bigger towards the top of the device? Seems to me like the little gap of light at the bottom of the screen is the least of your concerns,... the whole thing seems to have come undone.

Posted via CB10

I think it’s the lighting/shading in the photo, as the stainless steel band starts to shrink around the same point that the screen corner begins to expand.
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    02-16-15 12:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just the angle of the shot I took with my Z10,if you look close it's a shadow.I took the shots and then from BBlink on my desktop took shots of those with my Passport,only way I know how to post those pics.lol you can see me on the screen haha
    02-16-15 12:12 PM
    did You received an other new one?

Not yet, just took care of this on Friday, should be only a couple of days, hopefully Thursday

Andrew1978 likes this.
    02-16-15 12:42 PM
    Possible cost cutting during the Thorsten regime. I actually wish these were made by Foxconn and not the current manufacturer in Mexico.

Males me wonder if the AT&T variant is manufactured in China or Mexico.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 02:03 PM
    Duct Tape fixes everything. But seriously,, try to send it back.
    02-16-15 03:34 PM
    between the screen lifting rumour and flickering crap. Had to get rid of what i feel was cheaply made. loved the phone but glad to be back on my Z30. paid 607 taxes in with the shopblackberry coupon in october. sold today for 480. im happy. good riddance
    02-16-15 04:11 PM
    The problem is that Blackberry uses double sided tape to secure the screen. They do that with all their phones. They don't have that issue with the other phones but they do with the Passport because of the frame twisting problem. Blackberry have a serious problem here and they better find a fix real quick because the frame twisting issue will still be present even if they replace the screen.This could lose them a lot of sales if the problem isn't fixed and people continue to report this issue.I would recommend just sending the phone back while you still can and buy an other phone. Hopefully they will switch production to Foxconn and ditch that useless factory in Mexico.
    02-16-15 05:56 PM
65 123