I have been using Blackberry Passport for last five months. It's charging (USB) port has become faulty and the phone connects / disconnects, red LED turns on off. My phone technician wants to get a new charging port. Can anyone tell me where I can buy one? Thanks.
    04-13-15 04:23 PM
    I have been using Blackberry Passport for last five months. It's charging (USB) port has become faulty and the phone connects / disconnects, red LED turns on off. My phone technician wants to get a new charging port. Can anyone tell me where I can buy one? Thanks.
    I'm sorry? Why would you change the port? The device is under warranty
    04-14-15 04:40 PM
    Have you tried a different cable?

My cable become faulty after a few months and I just grabbed another generic MicroUSB cable that was sitting in my house.

Boom problem solved.

However if you've tried a few, including a new one, and it's still faulty, then just contact BlackBerry about it if it's only been a few months.

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2708
    04-14-15 05:50 PM
    Has a 1 year warranty. You should get a replacement device.
    04-14-15 08:12 PM
    I can understand the hesitation to get a replacement device which would likely be a filthy used repo ... a cellphone is a personal device & I would not want a used one bearing whatever biological materials are on there...

Has a 1 year warranty. You should get a replacement device.
    04-14-15 09:53 PM
    I can understand the hesitation to get a replacement device which would likely be a filthy used repo ... a cellphone is a personal device & I would not want a used one bearing whatever biological materials are on there...
    Please tell me you're joking or forgot the "/sarcasm" :/

Carjackd likes this.
    04-14-15 10:38 PM
    You must be a crackberry genius...

How clean is your cell phone? | WHEC.com

Please tell me you're joking or forgot the "/sarcasm" :/

04-14-15 10:49 PM
    You must be a crackberry genius...

How clean is your cell phone? | WHEC.com
    You honestly care that much about how clean your phone is? If you're that paranoid do you build and grow everything you buy at home so it hasn't been touched by anyone else? :/

It's a phone. Just wipe it down when you get it if it bothers you that much..

04-15-15 08:04 AM
    I use a clorox wipe on our devices once a week. I haven't had a screen protector on my Q10 in over a year and it's still just as clear and smooth as new. I wouldn't recommend rubbing too hard with a wipe, but they do also make electronic device wipes that are less harsh in terms of chemicals used.

When you get a replacement, even if it's a refurb, it's been cleaned and is most definitely cleaner than the broken one it's replacing.

Anyhow, op, just get a replacement.
    Last edited by kjjb0204; 04-15-15 at 08:49 PM.
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    04-15-15 10:52 AM
    Two words: methyl alcohol

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 12:09 PM
    I bought the phone brand new in Hong Kong while on visit. Now I am back home. I can't send it out for warranty claim as customs will charge heavy tax on return. Is anybody interested in it? Its complete with box and receipt. Maybe I will buy another model later.
    04-15-15 05:40 PM
    Edit:
    Ignore this. I'd delete it, but you can't delete posts in CB10..

04-15-15 11:07 PM
    I bought the phone brand new in Hong Kong while on visit. Now I am back home. I can't send it out for warranty claim as customs will charge heavy tax on return. Is anybody interested in it? Its complete with box and receipt. Maybe I will buy another model later.
    Where are you from? (in case you want to sell it)
    Is warranty not international?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 04:54 AM
    Where are you from? (in case you want to sell it)
    Is warranty not international?

Posted via CB10
    I was under the impression you could just contact BlackBerry in whatever country and they would try and handle the replacement without needing to deal with the other side of the world..

04-16-15 08:39 AM