i would like to download snapchat on my blackberry i have downloaded other apps such as instagram, facebook but snapchat is going wrong
    please i need help in getting it
    07-02-15 02:28 AM
    Snapchat is pretty much borked on BB10 and unless you go through some insane hoops which may or may not even work for you, the chances of it working are slim to none. Use Casper, as it's pretty much the only solution right now that works for sure.
    Snapchat is pretty much borked on BB10 and unless you go through some insane hoops which may or may not even work for you, the chances of it working are slim to none. Use Casper, as it's pretty much the only solution right now that works for sure.
    Sime0n_S and Jean-Luc Orlando like this.
    07-02-15 03:40 AM
    I was able to get it to work on my Passport by doing a few things.

1. Download from snap and install
    2. Patch google play services dependency with lucky patcher
    3. Uninstall original and install modified
    4. Restart device
    5. WAIT! App seemed to require some settling time before it would work properly. "Camera did not function at first"

As far as my experience goes its fully functional except I can't send videos and I do not receive notifications. It is slightly laggy but works good enough for all my friends to stop complaining to me about not having a snapchat.

PS. I created my snapchat with a google account. Not sure if that could in any way make a difference and no I am not on a leaked OS. I am on OS 10.3.2.440

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 05:57 AM
    Wow Bla1ze, Casper isn't so bad

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 03:49 PM
    Currently, to put it briefly as I'm so tired and can't remember the version numbers of the top of my head... There is no way to run snapchat if u use an older version and receive the error, (I can't remember the error exactly but it's about not being able to log on rather), I believe it's that error over the version error. Once this error occurs, it seems that it becomes part of ur account info on snapchat and it effects all future use on bb10. My proof is an account created recently that has never been subjected to any older versions works and will sign into casper but my original account brings back the error of needing to upgrade the app as the version is too old and not supported. Literally snapchat is a dead end and I've given up on it and much time invested in a true fix. Oddly enough it even began to be unable to install on my passport, both unmodified and modified version. Installation of Google play services and then modifying it to remove verification, also both of these done one at a time and then tested to see if one or the other or both are required has yielded no results as it will still not log in.
    The only downside of casper is the swipe to the right to chat doesn't seem to exist. This could be because I'm using a relatively old version which I was advised to use but I don't have a choice. Personally snap10 was a much better client UI wise but snapchat will just lock u out of ur account when u use that, however casper is much more feature rich over many bb10 snapchat clients.

EDIT.
    Well I decided to do some testing and originally I was running 0.2.2 Since this was the version I was advised to use. I updated to version 1.0.3 and it works much better, but mostly importantly you can access your account. The chat feature is still not present but a message is presented to inform the developer is working on creating it.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK THOUGH AS I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE. THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF SNAPCHAT BLOCKING YOUR ACCOUNT (though usually they will email you and once you change your password you have access again).

EDIT AS OF 08/07/2015. I have been using Casper for 6 days with a new account as a test and it has only toke around 5/6 days for Snapchat to detect that I have been using a third party app and continueed use will see me get blocked. I would advise against using Casper. Snapchat is currently a lost cause
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by hasa77; 07-07-15 at 07:50 PM.
    07-02-15 09:27 PM