Hello. So the new update for whatsapp came out a couple of days ago. Now the Skin Color of the human Emoticons is just yellow. How can I change them? I can receive White or black Emoticons, but never figured out do change them myself. (I am using a Blackberry Passport with the latest update)
    05-03-15 04:37 AM
    I'm pretty sure those colors came because of the iOS update that allowed the emoji color changes.

I think it, Penny(the Passport) spits it out.
    05-03-15 11:57 AM
    I'm pretty sure those colors came because of the iOS update that allowed the emoji color changes.

Such answer! Much help!
    05-04-15 06:59 AM
    All good.

05-04-15 07:40 AM

What does this even mean??

Kobnyc
    05-07-15 09:19 AM
    What does this even mean??

Kobnyc
    It means when iOS 8 came to iphone, etc, they updated the emojis too, giving the ability to change the skin tones to I think 6 shades. If you change that color on the emoji 'keyboard' it will remain changed even in whatsapp. So on our bb's we can't do it because we don't actually have the emoji keyboard.

05-07-15 09:25 AM
    Got it! Thanks

Kobnyc
    05-07-15 10:45 AM
    Yeah it's only an iOS thing for now. You don't get the skin colour on other plateform Yet. It actually didn't come with Whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 10:57 AM
    Take a sharpie and and then on the screen of your BlackBerry - Color the emo you would like to send...You have the option to do even more than Apple's!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 11:10 AM
    According to whatsapp...

That is the new normal.

The official Unicode Emoji standard now supports a series of skin color modifiers on many of the "people" emoji symbols.
    So far, only iOS 8.3 actually has an emoji picker that lets users select these skin color modifiers when entering emoji.
    The new standard default color for people emoji, that don't have this skin color modifier, is yellow.

Posted via my awesome Passport
    05-07-15 11:34 AM
    It's available now (albeit from Beta Zone, tho..).

How can I change the skin color of the whatsapp emoticons?-img_20150512_110747.png

Posted via CB10 on my RedBerryan PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    05-11-15 10:19 PM
    Why are they making duplicates in different colours? It seem pointless and a waste of space and memory.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    05-12-15 02:15 AM
    There aren't really any duplicates, you can tap and hold on certain icons to change the skintone. It gets saved for the next time until you change it again. Needless to say I am also baffled why we need this, since the current yellow Simpsons-like colouring was IMHO pretty neutral and generic. Now I am waiting for redheads to complain because there are no red haired emotions available on WhatsApp. And that's just the start.....

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 02:23 AM
    There aren't really any duplicates, you can tap and hold on certain icons to change the skintone. It gets saved for the next time until you change it again. Needless to say I am also baffled why we need this, since the current yellow Simpsons-like colouring was IMHO pretty neutral and generic. Now I am waiting for redheads to complain because there are no red haired emotions available on WhatsApp. And that's just the start.....

Posted via CB10
    Probably some social justice warrior complained or something.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 03:07 AM
    It states right in the update the new emoticons will now be available in different races. However I own a galaxy s4 & I don't know anybody on any phone who actually has the option to change gold to any other color. I have exactly one hand that is the one that smacks 👋 whatever that is the only emoticon I have the option of changing to a different color.
    They also added all the flags from around the world, holidays from around the world they added a ton of emoticons but all the personal ones with faces or body parts are gold. Don't bother writing to them you'll never get a real answer.

Why are they making duplicates in different colours? It seem pointless and a waste of space and memory.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    09-21-15 10:05 PM
    Hello. So the new update for whatsapp came out a couple of days ago. Now the Skin Color of the human Emoticons is just yellow. How can I change them? I can receive White or black Emoticons, but never figured out do change them myself. (I am using a Blackberry Passport with the latest update)
    Press on the emoticon you want long enough. It will give you some color options
    08-12-16 11:16 AM