I always used BlackBerry because I felt like they were the best, I defended BlackBerry. Can't do it anymore, what defense would I have. Every time I see a add that says the app is available on Android or Ios, I cringe. And when they say BlackBerry, it's on 7.0

Posted via CB10
    When they Android, it almost certainly also works on bb10.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 06:28 PM
    So if I go Android, will I be asking BlackBerry Devs to get me a Android version, or do I just side load a BlackBerry App

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 06:50 PM
    A lot of people get by using a BlackBerry and a companion tablet or phone for the apps. That's what I do. My iPad and 6Plus are for the apps that don't have a BlackBerry substitute.

I run my Passport pretty clean. I have 1Mobile installed, but I really don't use any android apps. I know a lot of people need/want them all to work on their BlackBerry phones. Hopefully the Priv and any DroidBerry's that may come down the line remedy the situation.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-12-15 06:55 PM
    A lot of people get by using a BlackBerry and a companion tablet or phone for the apps. That's what I do. My iPad and 6Plus are for the apps that don't have a BlackBerry substitute.

I run my Passport pretty clean. I have 1Mobile installed, but I really don't use any android apps. I know a lot of people need/want them all to work on their BlackBerry phones. Hopefully the Priv and any DroidBerry's that may come down the line remedy the situation.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    Yes, was going to do that. Planning on adding a tablet to my plan for $12 a month. Overall cost was $80 on top off the $120 I pay now .

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 07:04 PM
    If and I mean if I give a **** about an app that is not in BB World. I consider using the web instead. 9 times out of ten, that commercial you just watched about some stupid app is more of a distraction to something waaaaaayyyy more important and enjoyable.
    10-12-15 07:21 PM
    Honestly out of all the apps you can get on Google or ios, the ones I use aren't available in BlackBerry world. Examples include capital one, Discover, American express, wells Fargo, Chase, Cricket wireless, Pandora, Iheart, Cartwheel, uber partner, ect.... Pandora used to have a client on BlackBerry world but they never updated it so it doesn't work on any of 10.3 devices and the same goes for IHeart it was a native built app from them but after 10.3 you can't access it due to lack of updates. I prefer apps over mobile sites and the only thing that keeps the disappointment at bay is the fact that we have android runtime. I've owned all of the phone OS choices and to me BlackBerry is the most satisfying. Before resorting to an android running device they should have had incentives and programs to get developers on board to BlackBerry 10. Keep in mind BlackBerry world was first available on OS 7

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 07:46 PM
    If and I mean if I give a **** about an app that is not in BB World. I consider using the web instead. 9 times out of ten, that commercial you just watched about some stupid app is more of a distraction to something waaaaaayyyy more important and enjoyable.
    I could care less, get a life with your attitude.
    Really, member since May 2014, Rookie
    Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 07:49 PM
    LOL... and the web portal isn't?
    10-12-15 07:53 PM
    Bb10 is the best os. Sadly, many apps are not officially supported. However, almost every app works fine once you install play.

I just installed Sling TV and it is flawless. The exception are apps that don't work. Most work just fine.
    It has been argued that any OS that doesn't have the benefit of having adequate third-party software support can't be the "best."

It does have some merit.
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    10-12-15 07:56 PM
    If it's not Native is not good, no swiping BlackBerry 10 full capabilities.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 10:32 PM
    i think we can mostly agree that there is definitely a lack of app support for BB10. even chen openly admits it. here's a personal scenario i found myself in recently that might shed some light on why blackberry is in a difficult position.

i switched from an iphone to a passport. for the most part, i've absolutely loved everything about it. i was able to access the apps i needed, the hub and software and hardware have all been incredible. BB10 is amazing, and i've been an ardent supporter of it ever since i began using it. then, out of no where, i met an incredible woman. a woman that i am now engaged to. in an instant, my priorities changed. the few workarounds i needed for apps weren't enough. suddenly apps for travel, airlines, uber, restaurants, video/audio management, simply weren't available. suddenly, things just changed.

it's not about supporting a company to the bitter end. it's about keeping the importing things in my life accessible. it's about being able to adjust to life as it happens. i love my passport, and i still have a good year or so left of use from it. but as life progresses, i find that it's just not able to keep up with the unexpected. and that's where the app gap really shows it's downside. i want to root for blackberry, but i also want there to be less static in between the things i care about the most. i hope they succeed with the priv and their future endeavors because honestly, blackberry really is a company i'd like to continue supporting.
    10-12-15 11:46 PM
    i think we can mostly agree that there is definitely a lack of app support for BB10. even chen openly admits it. here's a personal scenario i found myself in recently that might shed some light on why blackberry is in a difficult position.

i switched from an iphone to a passport. for the most part, i've absolutely loved everything about it. i was able to access the apps i needed, the hub and software and hardware have all been incredible. BB10 is amazing, and i've been an ardent supporter of it ever since i began using it. then, out of no where, i met an incredible woman. a woman that i am now engaged to. in an instant, my priorities changed. the few workarounds i needed for apps weren't enough. suddenly apps for travel, airlines, uber, restaurants, video/audio management, simply weren't available. suddenly, things just changed.

it's not about supporting a company to the bitter end. it's about keeping the importing things in my life accessible. it's about being able to adjust to life as it happens. i love my passport, and i still have a good year or so left of use from it. but as life progresses, i find that it's just not able to keep up with the unexpected. and that's where the app gap really shows it's downside. i want to root for blackberry, but i also want there to be less static in between the things i care about the most. i hope they succeed with the priv and their future endeavors because honestly, blackberry really is a company i'd like to continue supporting.
    First of all, many congratulations to the two of you!

There are so many things right in your post, many of which I can echo. I've not become engaged recently, but I did find that moving away from a smartphone lifetime in BlackBerry's world affected me more than just the phone I carry. I feel like I can do more with my device now than I could on my BlackBerry before but, for some odd reason, it's made me less attached to my phone. I no longer worry about whether I can or can't do something with my phone. I'm no longer obsessed with it. Instead, I enjoy my iPhone for what it is and what it does well. It's something that works very well for me and gives me a great portal to my friends and the world around me. That's something I found that my BlackBerry couldn't be. It didn't have the social apps my friends liked using or the latest games that my friends and family would play together. Now I never have to worry about it and it's a great feeling.

At the end of the day, we pay our money to get these devices. I expect my device to fit into my life. I don't buy something only to go out of my way to have to make it fit, especially not when these devices can cost upwards of $500. I understand wanting to get behind a company because of an emotional attachment, and certainly that can still be present. To this day I still want to see BlackBerry do well, despite not being a current BlackBerry user. But, financially, it doesn't make sense for me to buy BlackBerry's products because they don't fit into my life. And, yes, a large part of that has to do with the lack of apps, or rather, the lack of a BlackBerry to adapt.
    10-13-15 12:11 AM
    No App Gap with Passport!
    Perfect.

Posted via Passport
    10-13-15 02:30 AM
213 ... 789