Just acquired my second Passport, (before bb devices disappear!).
    What's best way to maximize use? Duplicate the same profile on current one? Are apps acquired from BB World transferable just by transfering back-up of device #1 to #2 on Link? I use my device on TMobile. Ideas, tips, cautions, welcome and appreciated.
    10-09-16 08:36 AM
    I would create a back up of your current Passport and just restore your second Passport with the back up. Keeps everything consistent.
    10-09-16 10:52 AM
    When restoring the backup to the new device, it keeps warning that I'm "replacing an older version of some apps with the new ones" (in the new device, but it does not tell me which apps. I know and have double-checked that I have the latest OS 10.3.2.2836, so it can't be. How will I know so I can later update those apps? Thanks.
    10-16-16 02:12 PM
    I also picked up 2 new (unlocked SE Passports even tho my OG ( White ) still works. I'm also on T Mobile; Here's what I did:

- Keep your BB USER ID HANDY, setup will ask for it, also your BB WORLD apps will transfer

- full backup of the white to BB LINK with the sim and mini sd still installed

- Charged the first SE fully, then let the OS update over WIFI

- USED BB LINK to " transfer " rather than " restore " the white phone's settings to the first new SE ( Leave sim and sd cards still in the white one )

- BB LINK will recognized each phone separate ( using last numbers of each serial number), just be sure each phone is added on it's own

- Then unplug the new SE, install both sim and sd cards, and VOILA! ! ....... DONE and Loving it !!!

- I will do the same with the 2nd SE phone I bought, tho will need a 2nd sd card ( I guess, but not really sure if needed & NOT Sure about also installing the cards at the end of the procedure .

- Just making sure both new ones have the Updated OS

- Now I have 2 Passport, Old & New For backups!

- EASY, Right? MAIN THING IS not to rush thru it

Thoughts or ideas anyone? THANKS

R

Posted via CrackBerry App
    10-17-16 11:04 PM
    OK, I'll share. I just recently bought a second Passport too. My first one got chewed by the dog (twice) but still works - now that's more rugged than an iPhone! Then, somewhere between installing Snap, Google Play, and going hog-wild with lots of Android apps over 18 months, I quit being able to perform Link backups, not to mention that I trounced battery life and significantly slowed the Jellybean runtime.

Yes it would be better to wipe this first Passport, but it's a great test bed for the new one, which now gets to be the best-of edition of the first one. Snap and the Play Store are nice, but I can just keep those running on the first one to serve up the best apps, not to mention apk file updates, for the second. So far this strategy is working great: I have this terrific new, responsive Passport with my favorite go-to apps and great battery life. Enjoy your new device!

Posted via CB10
    10-18-16 12:44 AM
    Thanks so much. I will try today.
    10-19-16 01:30 PM
    Thanks, Blindsman:
    I successfully "transferred" to the new device. I only need to download from BB World those apps in old device to new device so I can re;transfer as well. Also thanks to emanuel0ss0.
    10-20-16 12:30 PM
    Can anyone provide any advice on how best I can get the Bloomberg app to transfer to my new SE Passport?

This is a vital app for me and it's available for other BlackBerry devices but not the Passport due to the square screen.

When the Passport launched it was available but it looked weird, I am ok with that as long as it works.

Do you recommend the device switch app or the back up and restore?

Thanks in advance from a very happy and excited new SE Passport user

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 03:09 PM
    I have always found that transferring a backup can usually have a bug that leaves you bewildered as to what may have caused it. I always prefer to take the time to load every app one at a time and set everything up properly. You can be sure that this is the best way.

I had two identical iPhones and I jailbroke them exactly the same side by side. On both phones I installed the same apps one after the other but on one of the phones, one of the aftermarket apps from Cydia caused a glitch that made all the contacts names white like the background and I thought they were erased. Had to leave that app out.

Sorry for the apple story but I thought it was relevant.
    Take the time and do it right so when you do need it it works for you.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 03-14-17 at 07:30 AM.
    10-21-16 07:46 AM
    Thanks, Blindsman:
    I successfully "transferred" to the new device. I only need to download from BB World those apps in old device to new device so I can re;transfer as well. Also thanks to emanuel0ss0.

Awesome! Glad you got it, and your apps in BB world dont need to be bought again, since using your BB ID confirms you have bought them already
    10-23-16 09:34 PM