I am still using my PP from 2015. Back then, I installed something called "SNAP" from a user on this site (Cobalt?). I then added about 5 apps that are normally for android/apple.

I now need to add a new app (Lorex Cloud App) and for the life of me, can't figure out how. I can't remember what I did 5 years ago to get the apps added via SNAP. I click on SNAP (still on my homescreen) and nothing happens. I click on BB World, and is says it can't connect. I click on Amazon apps and the app I want is not there.

Can anyone help me figure out how to add an app (Lorex Cloud App from Google Play Store). The 5-ish apps I added back in 2015 are still on and working on my phone...so I know something I need was installed.

I AM TECHNOLOGICALLY IGNORANT! Please answer accordingly! Thanks.
    08-12-20 02:56 PM
    Wow, you are really behind the times.

SNAP quit working years ago. Just uninstall it.

I think Cobalt's solution might still work, but better to uninstall all its pieces, and just use Yalp.

That all said, will the app you want to install still work on Android version 4.3?
    08-12-20 03:02 PM
    .....and BlackBerry World had a problem but the fix (several methods) is here: https://crackberry.com/how-fix-black...-blackberry-10
    08-12-20 03:11 PM
    I am still using my PP from 2015. Back then, I installed something called "SNAP" from a user on this site (Cobalt?). I then added about 5 apps that are normally for android/apple.

I now need to add a new app (Lorex Cloud App) and for the life of me, can't figure out how. I can't remember what I did 5 years ago to get the apps added via SNAP. I click on SNAP (still on my homescreen) and nothing happens. I click on BB World, and is says it can't connect. I click on Amazon apps and the app I want is not there.

Can anyone help me figure out how to add an app (Lorex Cloud App from Google Play Store). The 5-ish apps I added back in 2015 are still on and working on my phone...so I know something I need was installed.

I AM TECHNOLOGICALLY IGNORANT! Please answer accordingly! Thanks.
    For Lorex Cloud app just point your Passport browser to this link: https://apkpure.com/lorex-cloud/com....lir.lorexcloud , download and install. May or may not work but minimum android requirement is still 4.1 so it theoretically will work.

From that link tap on the green download button and wait for awhile. You may have to check your File Manager app under "Download" folder to see the Lorex apk. Then just tap on the apk and it should install. I've just tried it on my Passport and it seems to install fine. Of course, I don't have an account so not sure how or if it works properly.
    Last edited by brookie229; 08-12-20 at 03:28 PM.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    08-12-20 03:15 PM
    ppeters914: Perhaps you missed it, but I wrote I installed this 5 years ago; I know it is behind the times. Why would I uninstall SNAP? Is there a reason I should? I explained it is currently on my PP and allowing 5 apps to work, no problem. I just can't remember what I did so that I can repeat myself for this new app.

Is YALP a SNAP equivalent? Is it found on Crackberry? I have never heard of it and will look into it.

Thanks for your reply.
    08-13-20 04:18 PM
    brookie229: Thank you for the BB World link, I will look into it!

And thank you for the Lorex link. I got it to install on my PP! However, I think the screen ratio is messed up since the PP is square. I remember this happening with the NEXIA app I installed (using SNAP)...the screen ratio was wrong. I can't for the life of me remember how I fixed it. I remember having to somehow trick or capture the screen to move it around so that I could see where I type in my name and password.

For Lorex, I need to go to DEVICE MANAGER and click the PLUS sign to add a new device and then set everything up. On my tablet and work phone (android), it works fine due to the rectangle screen. Do you know of any way for me to trick the PP into giving me the full rectangle screen?

You were very helpful, thank you!!
    08-13-20 04:22 PM
    brookie229: Thank you for the BB World link, I will look into it!

And thank you for the Lorex link. I got it to install on my PP! However, I think the screen ratio is messed up since the PP is square. I remember this happening with the NEXIA app I installed (using SNAP)...the screen ratio was wrong. I can't for the life of me remember how I fixed it. I remember having to somehow trick or capture the screen to move it around so that I could see where I type in my name and password.

For Lorex, I need to go to DEVICE MANAGER and click the PLUS sign to add a new device and then set everything up. On my tablet and work phone (android), it works fine due to the rectangle screen. Do you know of any way for me to trick the PP into giving me the full rectangle screen?

You were very helpful, thank you!!
    Swipe down from the top while running an Android app and you can change the screen ratio.
    08-13-20 04:43 PM
    Thank You Conite! I had just found that and was getting on here to post. I think I accidentally swiped down and saw it.

So thank you to Conite and to brookie229; I got my app up and it works. Brookie, may I ask how you knew for me to go to that Lorex website? In case I need to add another app (although I think 6 apps in 5 years on the same PP is enough for me...LOL)
    08-13-20 04:57 PM

Is YALP a SNAP equivalent? Is it found on Crackberry? I have never heard of it and will look into it.
    Yalp:

https://f-droid.org/packages/com.git...kin.yalpstore/

It is a Play Store client much like Snap was.
    rarsen likes this.
    08-13-20 05:05 PM
    Thank You Conite! I had just found that and was getting on here to post. I think I accidentally swiped down and saw it.

So thank you to Conite and to brookie229; I got my app up and it works. Brookie, may I ask how you knew for me to go to that Lorex website? In case I need to add another app (although I think 6 apps in 5 years on the same PP is enough for me...LOL)
    Since you use so few apps (that's a good thing especially android apps), I wouldn't even bother with Yalp or any other android app store. Just download from ApkMirror or ApkPure websites when you want to try an app. That way you have one less resource-hogging android app on your device. There is really no need for SNAP, Yalp or any other store on your device. You could just bookmark the website on the native browser. That's what I do fwiw.
    mh1983 likes this.
    08-13-20 06:07 PM