Hotspot feature does not work on my passport. It was not working on my z10 either. Internet speed is good enough to feed Hotspot.
    Can it be related to the operator?
    Why does not work? I'm On 10.3.2 yet.

 BB10 will outlast Android! Just you wait! Stage 1: denial
    01-03-17 12:22 PM
    Hotspot is something your carrier and enable or disable depending on your plan.....

Check with your provider...
    01-03-17 12:42 PM
    Assuming that it was working on both devices recently, it sounds like the mobile network provider is blocking it. Are they both on the same network?
    01-03-17 12:47 PM
    Assuming that it was working on both devices recently, it sounds like the mobile network provider is blocking it. Are they both on the same network?
    Ops stated it was not working on either BlackBerry device. OPs contact you carriers.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-17 01:09 PM
    I h this problem where it worked only for some devices and not for others. I could Hotspot my Passport for my kids so they could have Internet on their iphones but not on my android tablets (Nvidia Shield and Acer iconia 500). It did work for a galaxy phone also. I decided to just use bluetooth tethering and that solved my problems.
    01-03-17 01:18 PM
    I used my z10 with one operator and the passport with another, but if they must have the same or close regulations. Let me ask if android devices or iphones of my friends can Hotspot on these networks. I will let you know

01-03-17 11:07 PM
    I checked with my friends. They can readily activate Hotspot on their iPhone and I could connect to their WiFi.
    So it is not a limitation imposed by the operator.

In a search I found other BlackBerry owners in my country have experienced the same issue and they had related the issue to 10.3.2. How can OS version act differently in different regions? I have PP SE SQW 100-4

Last edited by habibvalil; 01-04-17 at 01:03 AM.
    01-04-17 12:49 AM
    Sounds like your country is locking out BB for some reason. Contact your carriers and find out what the deal is. I think you are in Europe. Hot spot works fine on my PP on 10.3.2 in Portugal.
    01-04-17 05:58 AM
    On my passport, once I accepted the contract thing it allowed me to deploy my att passport as a hotspot or tether

Posted via CB10 Passport
    01-05-17 11:40 AM
    I h this problem where it worked only for some devices and not for others. I could Hotspot my Passport for my kids so they could have Internet on their iphones but not on my android tablets (Nvidia Shield and Acer iconia 500). It did work for a galaxy phone also. I decided to just use bluetooth tethering and that solved my problems.
    Thanks Mr Passporter, I shared my Internet using tethering. That worked as expected and the speed is reasonable.

By the way which one is to be faster? Hotspot or tethering? I suppose Hotspot should be faster in the same way that WiFi is faster than bluetooth. But it is only a my thought.

 BB10 can't die. It is healthy and young!
    01-18-17 08:50 AM