I have had 6 Blackberrys and am considering upgrading my Q10 to a Passport when At&t releases it. For those of you that have either come from an Android, Iphone or an earlier Blackberry and now have experience with the Passport, should I/we get one? Is the Passport form factor and OS working well for you? Are the Android apps working properly? Is Blackberry world stocked with the usual apps? Is the processor handling the tasks efficiently? Let us know what your experiences with your new Passport have been. I'm planning on keeping my next phone for 2 years so I want to make the right purchase I'm sure like everyone else here. We all thank you!
    10-07-14 08:58 AM
    I have had 6 Blackberrys and am considering upgrading my Q10 to a Passport when At&t releases it. For those of you that have either come from an Android, Iphone or an earlier Blackberry and now have experience with the Passport, should I/we get one?
    I don't know. It really depends on what you need from your smartphone. You'll have to answer that for yourself.

Is the Passport form factor and OS working well for you?
    Yes. I really like the form factor. For me, it's the best screen/viewing experience I've had on any phone, ever. I like the keyboard, after a few days of getting used to it. It fits in my pockets. The speakers are good and loud, so I hear notifications well. The 10.3 OS is very good, and getting better with updates.

Are the Android apps working properly?
    The ones I use are fine, but there are people who are frustrated with some of them. You have to investigate this in terms of the specific Android apps you expect to use. You can't just assume they'll all work fine for you.

Is Blackberry world stocked with the usual apps?
    I'm not sure what those are. You won't fine the MS Office mobile suite in BB World, and the Android version won't work, I'm told (haven't tried it myself). You won't find Instagram in BB World, but there's a third-party app, Igrann, that is said to work well. I'm not an Instagram user, so I can't confirm that. Some people use the Android version of Instagram. I have no idea which "usual" apps you are interested in.

Is the processor handling the tasks efficiently?
    Yes, I'm not having any problems there.

Let us know what your experiences with your new Passport have been. I'm planning on keeping my next phone for 2 years so I want to make the right purchase I'm sure like everyone else here. We all thank you!
    My experience is good. Then again, I was pretty sure I wanted this phone from the first time I heard about it. In fact, a few years ago I had the idea of a passport-sized BlackBerry and did a poll on it. I don't know what happened to that poll; I can't find it now. Maybe it was on another site. Anyway, I've had the feeling that I invented the Passport, by having that idea years ago!

Because the Passport is unusual, compared to other smartphones, it's harder to guess whether it'll work for you--especially just from looking at pictures. If there's any way you can get to see one in person and play with it a bit, do it.
    Tre Lawrence, howarmat and Davi20d like this.
    10-07-14 09:21 AM
    Its a funny one but I have a iPhone 6 and love it......but have the blackberry passport in my Amazon wish list, don't know why.....I'm no fan of blackberry as I thought they had gone the way of the dodo but dam, something about this appeals! I'm into the Amazon prime thing so having the Amazon apps on it gives more fuel to the fire of wanting it. Hell, the wife maybe just getting my iPhone! The only thing holding me back really is the reviews that say it's a business device only.
    10-07-14 09:24 AM
    Lots of apps don't work still or require hoops to jump through to get them working. Some that work, don't work 100% correctly. BlackBerry World is in pretty poor shape too. Everything else about the phone is fantastic. The positive flip side is that the device is selling really well and this may entice some developers back to BlackBerry. If only BlackBerry would allow installation of Google Play Services, the entire app issue would go away.

I can live with the app gap. The question is, can you?

Posted via CB10
    Tre Lawrence and Davi20d like this.
    10-07-14 09:32 AM
    Yes to everything except Blackberry World is in pretty poor shape. I've been able to get an app for pretty much everything I wanted without jumping through too many hoops. But, that's partly because I loaded a backup from my Z10 and it transferred all the apps. Some of those say they are no longer available in BB World for the Passport. They all work fine except for the odd game but their is still some general layout issues. Android apps work better than ever before, so something tells me I'm going to have to replace some of those apps with Android ones sooner or later.
    Davi20d likes this.
    10-07-14 10:14 AM