When I transition from a Z10 to Passport should I expect at least double the battery life with 'reasonable usage'?

With some adjustments: I keep SOT minimal, LTE is switched to 4G since my carrier coverage can be spotty, the only two other connections I use are WiFi and Bluetooth when streaming to a BT speaker, so I get decent battery life out of Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.680; if I don't swap the battery midday from 'heavy usage' I can wait until the next morning to do a battery swap because of 'disabling wireless connections' in bedside mode.

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    For sure. It is a big difference between z10 and the passport.
    Unless you live stream TV for 6-8 hours, the battery will last you all day. Even when live streaming HD TV, it lasts about as long or longer than my MacBook mini 12 inch.
    sibeans likes this.
    10-08-15 05:37 AM
    So, we can't lie in here? You only want honest opinions. I'm not willing to be honest in this regard. My battery life is really low. Like 10 minutes max.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 09:37 PM
    Satisfactory..never had to worry

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 06:22 PM
    mine is great with battery saving mode on, without it, i get around 18 hours at half bright screen... disappointed in that but i get 1.5 days with saving mode on full time so i just use that. not sure why there is such a big difference, screen brightness makes that big of change?
    10-09-15 07:58 PM
    Mine usually comes off the charger around 6:30am and goes back on around 11pm (about 30% left) I'm a hard user. Haven't gotten less than a day.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 09:17 AM
    It's still good... however, I noticed that the latest update did decrease the battery life... I used to get 2 days... now it decreased to about 1.5 day... still good but now I have to charge by mid-day...

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 10:15 AM
    Mine usually comes off the charger around 6:30am and goes back on around 11pm (about 30% left) I'm a hard user. Haven't gotten less than a day.

Posted via CB10
    but that is less than a day.... or do you not count a dat as 24 hours?
    10-10-15 12:29 PM
    I do count a "dat" 24hrs but I don't use it 24hrs, so in my case work then through school it'll last me my day..

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 12:40 PM
    mine is great with battery saving mode on, without it, i get around 18 hours at half bright screen... disappointed in that but i get 1.5 days with saving mode on full time so i just use that. not sure why there is such a big difference, screen brightness makes that big of change?
    What do you have going on in your phone? A lot of accounts?

Posted via my Z10 STL100-3/10.3.1.2576
    10-10-15 01:21 PM
    no accounts,

its' just that I surf web and read ebooks for about 6 hours strraight... and it goes down to 30-40% after that... I'm not sure if that is heavy usage or not...
    yes I waste my passport as an e-reader....

again, with battery mode on, it goes to about 60%, not sure why it is double battery life except screen brightness
    10-10-15 02:22 PM
    Hello, for those who has their Pp that can last more than 24 h with heavy usage, what OS and radio version are you all using? And do you installed cobalt Google play and run android apk like fb and insta? Thank you
    10-11-15 05:47 AM
    no accounts,

its' just that I surf web and read ebooks for about 6 hours strraight... and it goes down to 30-40% after that... I'm not sure if that is heavy usage or not...
    yes I waste my passport as an e-reader....

again, with battery mode on, it goes to about 60%, not sure why it is double battery life except screen brightness
    I honestly don't know what heavy usage consists of. I was just wondering what you had on your PP. Other people have a lot of accounts set to push and hammer their phone and they still get more than a day usage.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-11-15 12:24 PM
    I have a theory, which might be wrong. Usually the best moment to recharge is around 40%, then charge up to 100%. Sometimes we do not recharge fully and it uses up more quickly even after a new cycle. One way to help is to do a full cycle recharge (fully to almost fully discharge and recharge to 100% and up to a trickle recharge). Doesn't Apple recommend one full cycle per month?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 12:37 PM
    That's not the only reason. Software plays a part as well. There are other phones with bigger batteries but crappy battery life due to the OS not properly optimizing how it uses the battery.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 on Z10 doesn't look proper for its battery life because it has low capacity. The only reason left why passport has better battery life isn't because the BB10 but the 3000+ mAh inside it.
    10-11-15 10:35 PM
    BB10 on Z10 doesn't look proper for its battery life because it has low capacity. The only reason left why passport has better battery life isn't because the BB10 but the 3000+ mAh inside it.
    I guess you are right.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 05:08 AM
    I have fb and fb messenger installed on my phone. Battery drained extremely fast and really hot. Got no choice but to delete It again. Now my phone battery life went back to normal.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 06:32 AM
    I have fb and fb messenger installed on my phone. Battery drained extremely fast and really hot. Got no choice but to delete It again. Now my phone battery life went back to normal.

Posted via CB10
    I use the BlackBerry fb for messages and notification and keep a shortcut to the mobile version as well. BlackBerry FB app loves to tell me "this post cannot be loaded"

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-12-15 07:31 AM
    HONEST OPINION about the Passport's battery life-img_20151012_065927.png
    Heavily used over the weekend...judge for yourself.

-- CA Governor on Passport SE
    10-12-15 08:00 AM
    Heavy usage, love this Beast
    HONEST OPINION about the Passport's battery life-img_20151013_085850.png

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 10:30 PM
    HONEST OPINION about the Passport's battery life-img_20151014_161639.png

Heavy usage

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 03:51 AM
    Hello, for those who has their Pp that can last more than 24 h with heavy usage, what OS and radio version are you all using? And do you installed cobalt Google play and run android apk like fb and insta? Thank you
    PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639 and no for the Android questions. How many hours of not touching the device at all do you consider for heavy usage? Sleep, phoneless work, phoneless quality time. It adds up.

I turn on Battery Saving Mode at night when the screen is too bright to look at anyway and when I go to sleep I turn on Airplane Mode as well. It gets me two days out of a full charge.

It depends on how considerate you are towards the battery really. When, for instance, on Wi-Fi and no Radio is required, turn it off. Drastically extends battery life.
    10-17-15 04:29 PM
    Yes. The display consumes most of the power. You can change the settings such that it turns blank after 30 seconds or 15 seconds of not being used.
    18 hours is a good if you use the phone a lot with the display on. Reading a book, editing text, will consume the battery faster than when playing music, or even talking.
    10-18-15 08:15 AM
    So I was having questionable battery life and it bugged me to bits because I really wanted a phone with amazing battery life and the Passport was supposed to be it.

In an effort to improve battery life, I finally got rid of Cobalt's Play Store, which I was bummed to lose since My Maps is so darned convenient. I chucked Instagram too since it wouldn't be getting updates without Play. Their absence did not make a ton of difference to my battery, so I took to reading through the battery life threads here.

Turns out it was that crappy, laggy, buggy Kindle app. At first, the improved battery life was subtle, but noticeable. It's been at least three weeks and I am finally getting about 40 hours with light use. Finally! So if your battery life sucks, get rid of the Kindle app ASAP. Battery life is so good I'm thinking of adding back My Maps, which I miss every time I leave the house.
    I've had problems with Kindle, too... crashed my Android runtime, only black screen when starting any Android app...

Put it back on. Maybe I have to remove it once more and check again... but I like having those few books with me... :-)

 Ahoy, Privateers, ... get ready for some data piracy...! ;-) 
    10-19-15 11:07 PM
    That's using it at work for about 15 emails, couple hours browsing, about 30 txts. Half hour on cb.
    HONEST OPINION about the Passport's battery life-img_20151019_230920.png

Posted via Silver Passport.
    10-19-15 11:11 PM
    I was planning to buy a Passport, but reconsidered once I saw the battery was not replaceable ... who wants that ???
    Non-replaceable batteries are a major deal breaker for me (and many others I suspect).
    Swapping a battery takes a few minutes, charging a phone means you cannot working properly ... not an acceptable solutions for a work phone that you depend upon ...
    10-20-15 01:36 AM
202 ... 56789