Sorry, but if you have a double-digit standby mode percentage I have to question your "heavy" usage...
    07-11-15 10:34 PM
    Impressive battery, I'm sure that.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 01:32 AM
    According to the device calculation my BlackBerry PP average battery life is 21 hours which is very impressive for me. I only charge my phone when i go to bed. I start my day at 6am and my phone can last the whole day till I go to bed with main usage on email, watsapp, fb, igrann and Web surfing.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 02:33 AM
    I have owned a lot of phones (Samsung Galaxy S2, S4, iPhone 6, etc) and the Passport definitely has the best battery life. With mild useage I can get to 2,5 to 3 days on 1 charge, with normal usage 1,5 - 2 days, heavy usage gives me a full day. Never been so impressed with battery life than with the Passport!
    07-13-15 02:28 AM
    I regularly post screen shots of my battery life of facebook just to brag and rub it in the noses of all the iPhone users.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 07:18 PM
    I've had 2 passports and NEVER saw more than 10 hours before a charge.

I think it's likely that those getting massive uses between charges either have only one email account or keep their PP's screen brightness to zero.

Someone please share your secret to such long periods between charges. I for one would love to know how this is done.

Posted via CB10
    nick903 and mizzez93 like this.
    07-13-15 08:33 PM
    Be honest, I never reach the 1.5-2 days battery people mentioned. I wonder whether they just open battery save mode from 90% and just use it less than half an hour a day.
    My average battery life is around 15-20 hours

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 09:18 AM

I think it's likely that those getting massive uses between charges either have only one email account or keep their PP's screen brightness to zero.

Someone please share your secret to such long periods between charges. I for one would love to know how this is done.

Posted via CB10
    Silverbullet, I guess you are having heavy use of your device . Ever tried your usage with another phone like SS or iphone? I don't think they can manage 50% of the time you are having with PP.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 09:29 AM
    Silverbullet, I guess you are having heavy use of your device . Ever tried your usage with another phone like SS or iphone? I don't think they can manage 50% of the time you are having with PP.

Posted via CB10
    You are likely correct. I'm not doubting people are getting these super long uses between charges but I'm surely not one of them unfortunately.

I wonder if it would make a difference to turn off LTE and keep it locked in 4/3G only.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 09:42 AM
    This is about what I get average

HONEST OPINION about the Passport's battery life-img_20150713_112120.png

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 10:57 AM
    You are likely correct. I'm not doubting people are getting these super long uses between charges but I'm surely not one of them unfortunately.

I wonder if it would make a difference to turn off LTE and keep it locked in 4/3G only.

Posted via CB10
    Staying in 3G/2G mode, and only turning on 4G when necessary, has a significantly positive effect on my Passport's battery life between charges - so does turning off Location Services.
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 07-14-15 at 01:34 PM.
    07-14-15 11:03 AM
    Depending on usage and signal it will be vary but it's never less than a full day.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 11:34 AM
    Take heed: I work in another hospital with terrible cell signal. I arrived at 0615 and left at 1945. It is now 2115 and I still have 41% battery left.

Can you imagine the state of iPhone and Samsung users by 1600. Haha!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Trauma Surgeon; 07-14-15 at 04:20 PM.
    07-14-15 03:14 PM
    I have my brightness at around 60% and use power saving when my battery is at 10% , still get a up to 3 days of battery life. I mainly use my Passport for browsing, facebook, e-mail, texts and phone calls.
    07-14-15 03:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    How many accounts do you have?

I have four email accounts set up (one of those includes an Exchange account), a CalDav, CardDav, twitter account set through Blaq and a LinkedIn account. I always have Parrot running in the background as well as BlackBullet (a third party PushBullet client - native to BlackBerry). I have the NYTimes set to push Breaking News every four hours.

I also have the following Android apps running often: Wunderlist, TaskMasterAudible and Tidal.

I'd consider myself to be a moderate to heavy user, keep screen brightness at about 50%, have a screen lockout of one minute, and still consistently get between 18-24 hours battery life.

Below are my tricks - hope they help.

I'm a stickler for only granting permissions needed. This includes weeding out all apps that run when minimized when they don't need to.

I have my sync intervals for all email, CalDav and CardDav accounts set to push if available but sync every 24 hours. Somehow this helps battery life - not entirely sure how.

I use the Android app called Task Manager to kill any Android apps I'm not currently using that otherwise may continue to run.

I never use or even install the Kindle or Skype app on my phone. I have in the past and they SUCK your battery life. Like, bad.

I disable the automatic stories function in the Pictures app. If I want to use it I use the Story Maker app. Keeping it on uses resources.

I don't have my screen set to turn on when messages arrive.

If I think of anything else I'll post it later.

Posted via my White Passport
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-14-15 09:08 PM
    I'm hoping my battery life gets better. I recently went on a trip and noticed that my battery was draining pretty quickly without even using the phone. Approx 10% per hour.

Does traveling out of a home area, roaming I guess you'd call it, affect battery life? I'm careful to turn off WiFi, bluetooth, GPS, and any apps I'm not using.

Now that I'm in town for a while, I'm going to see if it makes a difference. I would probably be considered a light user most of the time.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-15-15 09:44 PM
    HONEST OPINION about the Passport's battery life-img_20150715_175748.png

Here is the battery life that I just got. Unplugged Sunday at 8 AM. Lasted all the way to Wednesday afternoon.

I'm not a power user by any means. I just use the phone to text, call and email.

Post via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    07-15-15 09:51 PM
    HONEST OPINION about the Passport's battery life-img_20150716_135231.png

I'm not a power user but use it a lot. I have four email accounts, BBM, Facebook. Since my last charge I've also used BBM video. I don't play games and don't watch a lot of videos. Screen brightness is about 95%.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 12:56 PM
    I'm hoping my battery life gets better. I recently went on a trip and noticed that my battery was draining pretty quickly without even using the phone. Approx 10% per hour.

Does traveling out of a home area, roaming I guess you'd call it, affect battery life? I'm careful to turn off WiFi, bluetooth, GPS, and any apps I'm not using.

Now that I'm in town for a while, I'm going to see if it makes a difference. I would probably be considered a light user most of the time.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I find that driving in and out of cell-coverage-areas is the biggest killer for my battery (even more so than being in 4G mode, and leaving Location Services on). Having long tube journeys (eg London Underground) has an effect as well, eg I could be spending 2.5-3 hours a day underground with the phone constantly trying to find a signal.

I've never bothered turning my WiFi off when travelling, maybe I should try that too.

A lot of people are wondering if Brightness has a big effect on Battery Life - I've just checked, and mine seems to be at c. 1/3, which might help explain the battery life longevity I get - also, my screen timeout is set to 1 minute, which might help too.

Yesterday I had a monster day of voice conferences (though didn't have to travel anywhere, so my phone was never out of coverage) - 3h 45m of voice conferences, probably another assorted hour of general phone calls, the usual 300+ emails across 4 email accounts and WhatsApp etc.... still had 21% battery life left when I finally got to bed at 3.15am.

Question: does anybody think that using slightly different spectrum bands causes different levels of battery usage? eg different carriers own different chunks of bandwidth?
    07-16-15 01:34 PM
    Yesterday I was off the charger from 6:15 AM until midnight. I had almost 7 hours of phone calls using a bluetooth headset, responded to approximately 150 emails and texts, some twitter and listened to ~30 minutes of music on speaker while working out and still finished the day with 48% battery left.

I don't typically need multi day battery life, but I do need to get through a full and busy work day and the Passport seems really good so far, although I'm on my first week of use.
    07-17-15 08:15 AM
    Heavy all day usage from day 1

HONEST OPINION about the Passport's battery life-img_20150717_104234.png

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 09:43 AM
    I've only had my Passport for three days and slowly the battery life is improving. First day only got less than 15 hours but now I'm getting over 20, and with the phone being so new, it can only get better from here.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 09:13 PM
    Automatic stats on my Passport SE have shown that average battery usetime is 16 - 17 hrs for the first few weeks (when I used it heavily) and inclines to 24 - 26 hrs later on.

My usage in the first few weeks involves whole day surfing Web, reading and commenting emails, reports, forum posts etc, 60 min. reading newspapers on 3G data service, 60 minutes listening to online radios in parallel with playing puzzle games, 30 min. watching on BBC News Service TV, and making/answering a few calls.

So, in short, the battery is suffice for a whole busy day.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 09:57 PM
    It will range from one day to 3 days depending on multiple factor. Heavy usage. Gps use. Display brightness. Wifi vs mobile data. As for me, it only last me for a day of use. I consider myself a heavy user, and I am mobile. I use gps(waze), I use mobile data more often than wifi. Since I mostly work out in the sun, thus my display is set above the middle.

Posted via CB10
    Just wondering when you use gbs (waze) does your passport get hot?? Is this normal or my passport is faulty. Thnx

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 04:24 AM
    Moderate using, 15% left after two days. Very stable battery performance.

Posted via my lovely SE passport!
    09-19-15 08:33 AM
202 ... 34567 ...