I am curious to find out how HSP performs on the Passport. Please users, share your experience and possibly some screenshots. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 08:19 AM
    It was working wonderfully and optimally for me since upgrading to my Passport. Honestly i deleted it shortly after getting it due to the limitations of 10.0, but when it got featured on CB again a little while ago, i gave it another download and turned out it had gone headless! It was great and ran amazing, plus there were new features as part of 10.3.x!

However, the last couple updates have broken the weather functionality for me and I'm 'stuck in Cancun' as the weather won't update its location to where i am (Waterloo/Guelph, Ontario) and you can't manually select it anymore..

Also the developer has no way of contacting them besides leaving bad reviews, so it's very infuriating..

Overall it's an amazing app and the dev is still bringing new features and updates, it'd be nice for a way to contact the dev and for them to fix the weather though.. (and yes, I've tried reinstalling/rebooting/hard-resetting and just about every combination of those)

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-24-14 10:20 AM
    Hi. I just installed it yesterday, so this is just my initial impression. I really just wanted it for adding a permanent battery percentage, weather and date on the status line. I don't care about the other features it offers, at least not at this time. It works OK on the Passport. Does what it's supposed to. However, I find it a bit slow to update the weather. Couldn't find any setting that would let me change things like update frequency. Even the battery percentage is lagging behind. You also have to set everything up again after a reboot. And you can't have different lock screen and home screen pictures. That's it for me so far. I honestly don't know if I'm going to keep using this app.

EDIT: Added screenshot showing the battery percentage lagging behind.
    Attachment 322821
    12-24-14 10:45 AM
    Thanks. I will give it a go. BTW according to my purchase confirmation the email is: support at shao-soft dot com (sorry, I am not allowed yet to post real links).

Edit: how do I activate the homescreen? All I get is the settings but when I exit these, nothing has changed???
    Last edited by Ad Bosch; 12-24-14 at 11:12 AM.
    12-24-14 11:00 AM
    i believe there is a 'Set' button that you need to press. Other than that, it's one of those apps where you need to play around with it a bit to comprehend the developer's logic in creating the GUI.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 11:21 AM
    Works great, not perfect , the UI is not 'clean', messy layout.....but beyond that, the app itself is nice. Recent upgrade has been really good.

Home Screen Plus experiences-img_20141224_112403.png
    Home Screen Plus experiences-img_20141224_112139.png
    jefpoon likes this.
    12-24-14 11:26 AM
    Thanks. I will give it a go. BTW according to my purchase confirmation the email is: support at shao-soft dot com (sorry, I am not allowed yet to post real links).

Edit: how do I activate the homescreen? All I get is the settings but when I exit these, nothing has changed???
    I'll give that a shot, thanks :/

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-24-14 11:51 AM
    Not working for me don't know what im doing wrong but not to happy.

via ZED10
    12-27-14 12:06 PM
    Hi, I've found a bug, I don't know if it is exclusive to the Passport, but, when I set the 'stop rotation' to keep the same wallpaper for a few days, the app goes back to cycling them by itself after a while. It's pretty annoying.
    12-27-14 01:36 PM
    I like it a lot. I always have it running. The customizable widgets are great!

Home Screen Plus experiences-img_20141227_134212.png

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 01:44 PM
    Hi, I've found a bug, I don't know if it is exclusive to the Passport, but, when I set the 'stop rotation' to keep the same wallpaper for a few days, the app goes back to cycling them by itself after a while. It's pretty annoying.
    Been using this app since it was developed by a mod from here on CB(yes Shao is a CB mod). Works perfect on my passport( I do have to admit I only use it for the wallpaper functions), not one simple complaint. I have separate a lockscreen wallpaper and weather on the lockscreen set, as well as normal screen rotations.

I always thought the "stop rotation" was for the slideshow? Its always rotated my wallpaper on schedule every 45 minutes, regardless if I hit the stop rotation button or not.

If your having issues, maybe try uninstalling, reboot, reinstalling the app? If that doesn't help, Shao is pretty responsive to his email. I have had/have several of his apps in the past and present, and have always had a good response from him.
    12-27-14 01:51 PM
    I am curious to find out how HSP performs on the Passport. Please users, share your experience and possibly some screenshots. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    I installed yesterday and deleted the app about an hour later. The suberbar is great. However, not really essential for me. The homescreen also became buggy once you select items to move position (blue line).

I was under the impression I could hide icons on the first page to create space for the weather widget. But didn't realise the weather widget would then appear on every other page after swiping to the left. (I guess that's my own fault for not really looking into the app enough before purchasing.)

Lastly, I had the weather information set to appear on the lock screen. Which was working as it should. But everytime now and again I'd get the pop-up saying 'picture set'.

After then i decided to uninstall the app. The app has potential, but i'd rather wait until these bugs / propblems have been addressed.

Btw, I'm on 10.3.1.1154.
    12-27-14 02:17 PM
    Lastly, I had the weather information set to appear on the lock screen. Which was working as it should. But everytime now and again I'd get the pop-up saying 'picture set'.
    The "Picture Set" popup is from the OS, not the app. It's when the app rotates your wallpaper. Unfortunately you only get the popup when you unlock your device(regardless of when it actually changed), or when your using it and it actually rotates. You get the same popup if you choose a picture from your own files also.
    12-27-14 02:25 PM
    I always thought the "stop rotation" was for the slideshow? Its always rotated my wallpaper on schedule every 45 minutes, regardless if I hit the stop rotation button or not.
    Hi. Not really, the 'stop rotation' did work until a couple updates ago, it kept the same wallpaper until I re-entered the app and reactivated it. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling, though, thanks.
    12-27-14 05:15 PM
    The "Picture Set" popup is from the OS, not the app. It's when the app rotates your wallpaper. Unfortunately you only get the popup when you unlock your device(regardless of when it actually changed), or when your using it and it actually rotates. You get the same popup if you choose a picture from your own files also.
    It's impossible to disable that OS notification for picture set, I've even looked into it after the dev responded accordingly. Just part of the OS, most of the time you shouldn't see it

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-27-14 06:27 PM
    Mine is working much better now. It even kept my settings intact the last time I rebooted the phone. I don't have any issues with the wallpaper rotating either. It took some tampering with the settings, but eventually I got it working the way I want to. The only thing I'm not able to do is having two different wallpapers for the home screen and the lock screen.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 08:45 PM
    Everything worked except I couldn't figure out how to change the weather on my lock screen. Wallpaper changer SEEMED to work ok...but I really wasn't paying attention. A couple of days ago I looked down and I had an alert that the app was using all memory and therefore was going to shut down. So I deleted it. I'll try it in a few when I have a few hours to mess around with it and save s wallpaper folder on the phone.
    12-27-14 10:36 PM