I gather from reading this thread, there is no setting to stop the Passport from going into sleep mode when holstered without using the power tools app.

I have a Seidio clip on holster. Sometimes I like to put my phone in face out and clip it to an airplane seat back to watch a video. With the Passport it remains in sleep mode and cannot be woken.
    Lol. I thought I was the only one who did this. There's a solution. Put the Passport in with the keyboard up, face out. Turn the clip 90 degrees and clip it to the seat pocket. The screen is square, so it views the same when sideways. With the device in "upside down", the sleeper magnet won't activate the sleep function. Easy peasy.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    04-16-15 09:19 AM
    Lol. I thought I was the only one who did this. There's a solution. Put the Passport in with the keyboard up, face out. Turn the clip 90 degrees and clip it to the seat pocket. The screen is square, so it views the same when sideways. With the device in "upside down", the sleeper magnet won't activate the sleep function. Easy peasy.
    Proof that great minds think alike

Thanks for the suggestion. It works. Can't quite get the audio jack in. I might mow out some plastic to make it fit. I mostly use a blue-tooth headset anyway.
    04-16-15 01:07 PM
    Proof that great minds think alike

Thanks for the suggestion. It works. Can't quite get the audio jack in. I might mow out some plastic to make it fit. I mostly use a blue-tooth headset anyway.
    That didn't occur to me, since I use a bluetooth headset. You're right, the jack isn't quite accessible.
    04-16-15 01:10 PM
    Re: Holster turning it off.

It doesn't sleep. The screen turns off to save battery. All functions still work.
    05-13-15 02:16 PM
29 12