I bought a case that has a magnet in it to keep it closed. Does the Passport have the ability to turn off automatically, like when holstered? I am not sure if my case is compatible with that but I am hoping! If so, is there a Setting to activate this feature or should it just happen automatically? Thanks
    04-03-15 06:07 PM
    Yes...I have the seidio case and holster and it sleeps when holstered

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 06:57 PM
    Yes...I have the seidio case and holster and it sleeps when holstered

Posted via CB10
    Does it do it automatically, or did you have to set that up?
    04-03-15 06:59 PM
    Does it do it automatically, or did you have to set that up?
    It's automatic.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    04-03-15 07:08 PM
    It's automatic.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    Ok, thanks. I guess my case isn't compatible then.
    04-03-15 07:10 PM
    There is a feature on the passport in settings I believe, you must turn it on if I am not mistaken, btw OP, which holster did you get?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.281
    04-03-15 07:25 PM
    There is a feature on the passport in settings I believe, you must turn it on if I am not mistaken, btw OP, which holster did you get?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.281
    Do you know where or what I should be looking for in the settings, I can seem to find anything about that.

I didn't actually get a holster, but a leather flip case with a magnet in it to keep it closed. It is by Lightning Knight. Got it on Amazon for $8.99, regular $40. Figured I couldn't afford not to try it out!! I was hoping the magnet would work like the magnet in a holster but no luck so far.
    04-03-15 08:14 PM
    Do you know where or what I should be looking for in the settings, I can seem to find anything about that.

I didn't actually get a holster, but a leather flip case with a magnet in it to keep it closed. It is by Lightning Knight. Got it on Amazon for $8.99, regular $40. Figured I couldn't afford not to try it out!! I was hoping the magnet would work like the magnet in a holster but no luck so far.
    The magnet has to be in a specific location relative to the device in order to trigger the sleep function.
    04-03-15 08:51 PM
    The magnet has to be in a specific location relative to the device in order to trigger the sleep function.
    I'm not so sure how true this is. Sometimes I get bored and play around with my holster magnet on my z10. And when I press it anywhere, it still turns off the screen, and then turns it on again when I lift it. And I mean ANYWHERE; front or back

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by pttptppt; 04-03-15 at 09:11 PM.
    04-03-15 09:01 PM
    oh ok, only interested in a holster as my clip broke. Try going into the phone, then slide the screen down and click on settings while in phone. You will see the setting for holster, believe it is the third one down or the last one

I'm not so sure how true this is. Sometimes I get bored and play around with my holster magnet on my z10. And when I press it anyone, it still turns off the screen, and then turns it on again when I lift it. And I mean ANYWHERE; front or back

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 09:07 PM
    oh ok, only interested in a holster as my clip broke. Try going into the phone, then slide the screen down and click on settings while in phone. You will see the setting for holster, believe it is the third one down or the last one
    Firstly, I think you misquoted me since I'm not the one with the problem, my holster is working fine.

Secondly, I went to the settings you just stated and they only offer options for answering calls with the holster, but not actually turning on/off the screen with the holster..which is what the op was asking for (if I understood correctly)

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 09:13 PM
    haha ok sorry. Which holster do you have? (guess I am multi tasking too much stuff right now
    04-03-15 09:21 PM
    I'm not so sure how true this is. Sometimes I get bored and play around with my holster magnet on my z10. And when I press it anywhere, it still turns off the screen, and then turns it on again when I lift it. And I mean ANYWHERE; front or back

Posted via CB10
    Front or back makes no difference in most cases. But there has been an "activation" area on every BlackBerry I've had over the past 9 years.
    04-03-15 09:21 PM
    Any idea where that spot is on the Passport?
    04-03-15 09:48 PM
    From my trying and playing around with my case, it is near the GH letters on the front keyboard. Got these by moving the closing magnet all over the Passport - front and back.

My case has two magnets, the hidden one to activate sleep mode and the usual to close the holster.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 10:20 PM
    haha ok sorry. Which holster do you have? (guess I am multi tasking too much stuff right now
    The official BlackBerry one

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 07:02 AM
    Front or back makes no difference in most cases. But there has been an "activation" area on every BlackBerry I've had over the past 9 years.
    Oh well on my z10, there doesn't seem to be one

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 07:02 AM
    From my trying and playing around with my case, it is near the GH letters on the front keyboard. Got these by moving the closing magnet all over the Passport - front and back.

My case has two magnets, the hidden one to activate sleep mode and the usual to close the holster.

Posted via CB10
    I gave that a try and it definitely works! My case just doesn't have a magnet there though so I may have to make some alterations!
    04-04-15 07:13 AM
    I was curious to see which case you bought and checked it out on Amazon.
    The one I'm looking at has credit card slots Lightning Knight for $8.99, correct?
    I believe because it has credit card slots there might not be a magnet. However, it should work automatically waking up your phone when using a magnetic holster. Also, the only options you will have with the interactive holster is answer and end calls: Phone>Settings>Holster. In addition, advanced settings to "vibrate" when holstered was removed in BB10. If you would like those advanced settings I recommend purchasing a 3rd party app like Power Tools, or check out the advanced settings like Lift to wake and power saving mode which work great!
    Sorry for taking the magnet feature to a deeper, just in case someone is looking for more interactive features
    04-04-15 10:06 AM
    I was curious to see which case you bought and checked it out on Amazon.
    The one I'm looking at has credit card slots Lightning Knight for $8.99, correct?
    I believe because it has credit card slots there might not be a magnet. However, it should work automatically waking up your phone when using a magnetic holster. Also, the only options you will have with the interactive holster is answer and end calls: Phone>Settings>Holster. In addition, advanced settings to "vibrate" when holstered was removed in BB10. If you would like those advanced settings I recommend purchasing a 3rd party app like Power Tools, or check out the advanced settings like Lift to wake and power saving mode which work great!
    Sorry for taking the magnet feature to a deeper, just in case someone is looking for more interactive features
    That is the one. I haven't used the credit card holder yet so I was thinking I could just put a small magnet in the cc holder to make it work, hopefully anyways. That should work, right?!

I have purchased Power Tools already, so I will check that out, thanks! I didn't realize it had that function.
    04-04-15 12:36 PM
    Just keep in mind that adding a magnet can damage your credit cards:/
    On PowerTools go to the phone icon with holster settings, there you can set up the InHolster / OutHolster to your liking...Good Luck
    04-04-15 05:00 PM
    Just keep in mind that adding a magnet can damage your credit cards:/
    On PowerTools go to the phone icon with holster settings, there you can set up the InHolster / OutHolster to your liking...Good Luck
    Thanks for the warning! I don't plan on putting my credit cards in there but that is good to know!
    sin-co likes this.
    04-04-15 05:47 PM
    So, I managed to build a case for my passport with the holster function. I got the Nillkin flip case (i.e., polycarbonate back and then "leather" front cover). It didn't have a magnetic clip to hold the case together, and so i got a spigen magentic clip that works great. I then put a magnet on the front cover so that when it closes up, the screen turns off automatically. I was trying to find the right magnet and ended up ripping one out of an old BB leather case that I had for an old BB.
    04-04-15 06:19 PM
    Wow! You caved and paid $150? or did you take advantage of a 20% off deal? I ordered one but then had second thoughts about spending that kind of money on a holster when I could get another phone with the cash so I went to a local flea market today and bought another $10 holster Hopefully it lasts six months like the first one did

The official BlackBerry one

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 09:22 PM
    I gather from reading this thread, there is no setting to stop the Passport from going into sleep mode when holstered without using the power tools app.

I have a Seidio clip on holster. Sometimes I like to put my phone in face out and clip it to an airplane seat back to watch a video. With the Passport it remains in sleep mode and cannot be woken.
    04-16-15 09:12 AM
29 12