Might be a stupid question for some of you but is it reasonable for me to purchase one brand new BlackBerry Classic Black and Blackberry Passport Silver Edition at this point in time in case that my Blackberry Passport SE retires in one to two years time hehe

Posted via CB10

Hoarding of Blackberry Passport and Classic-img_20160524_1013012.jpg

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    06-30-16 05:03 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160524_1013012.jpg 
Views:	1394 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	403197

Posted via CB10
    Chen's bedroom?
    07-06-16 05:29 PM
    I was looking up BlackBerry devices on the used market via Kijiji and I came across a seller who had truck loads of BlackBerry devices.

They were in Kitchner/Waterloo region and I am in the West so I just wanted to see what prices are like out in BlackBerry HQ.

Well this seller must have had like 50+ devices, multiple Playbooks, cases, parts, holsters. It was a BlackBerry party going on there including Porsche designed devices. The seller wanted $1000 for the entire package as a whole. Not a bad deal I think but interesting non the less.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 05:49 PM
    Just a bit worried about the non-removable battery.
    Buy a couple of replacement batteries if you want. The breakdown is not that bad. Some screws and adhesive. There's a Passport disassembly video on YouTube, now. That said, replacement parts will probably be very available for a year or more once the production stops, in my experience.
    07-07-16 02:15 AM
    Do you guys worry about the brower not working going forward? I already have some sites say your browser is not supported.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    08-16-16 10:08 AM
    Do you guys worry about the brower not working going forward? I already have some sites say your browser is not supported.

Yea that happened with the playbook and os7 browsers too.

Well if all you need is texting and email I guess it makes sense to hoard but I personally woudlnt for my usage needs.

I enjoy the legacy devices for the novelty on occasion but it doesn't get the job done anymore for serious work related activites.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    08-16-16 03:10 PM
    I bought another brand new Passport SE as a backup, just in case my current one dies.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-16 11:58 AM
    Factory reload (**** wiping, seriously), or device software reload on legacy, with minimal restore (of only what you NEED) is what I do.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-16 12:11 AM

Well, we can install up to date Android browsers on Passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-16 06:36 AM
    I have two passport. One black one red. And my black one has a cracked screen. reason why i got the red one.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-19-16 06:51 AM
    I have two passport. One black one red. And my black one has a cracked screen. reason why i got the red one.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Change out the LCD.
    08-19-16 10:28 AM

Which sites? Never had an issue on my BlackBerry 10 devices

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    08-19-16 07:10 PM
    If I had the $$$, then I would, its nice to have that back up when you loose or misplace your main phone....or it falls off a bridge!

Posted via CB10
    08-21-16 01:43 AM
    Chen's bedroom?
    I doubt it. He doesn't use BlackBerrys.
    dmlis likes this.
    08-23-16 10:11 PM
    I doubt it. He doesn't use BlackBerrys.
    not true, according to a twitter post, he uses a passport.
    08-23-16 10:38 PM
    I am an old BlackBerry user beginning with a Bold 9780 which I used only as a phone with no other functions. Thought then that I didn't need them. Then got a Z10 when it came out with email, text and data plan. I was never sold on the VKB, but the rest of the BlackBerry OS 10 got me. Next step was to an OG Red unlocked Passport where I am today. I recently bought an SE as backup in case the OG battery dies. I have no experience with Android or iOS so I won't make any comments about them.

What I like really like about BlackBerry OS 10 is the Hub and the multitasking. I often open eight apps during the course of a session (but close those not needed to conserve the battery). I do not have an iPad nor do I intend to get one unless I am forced to (Newspaper goes totally digital). I do not watch films on my PP although the screen is excellent. My battery usually lasts me the whole day even though I am on Twitter a great amount of time (screen on most of time).

The Passport is a two-hander; no problem with that. Typing for me is a combination of using the PKB and a stylus on the VKB. Slows me down but no matter.

Carrying the PP is a compromise. I use a Seidio holster on my belt to hold the PP protected by a Ringke Fusion case, which protects all sides and corners but not the face. I have dropped the PP a couple of times but the the case has protected it. When the PP is out of the holster, I find the holster to be a bit annoying with its rough edges. Also have an original Blackberry leather holster but it only works well with the naked PP minus the Ringle Fusion case.

I am content at the moment and have no need for umpteen Android apps. So I will wait for whatever the future brings.

Posted via CB10
    dmlis likes this.
    08-26-16 05:08 PM
    That's what I want to do to! A SE and a black classic because the blueberry classic is hard to get right now :/

Posted via CB10
    10-02-16 11:55 AM
42 12