Hi! Turns out that when I'm listening to music on my Passport with headphones or without them, and in every app, sometimes it makes like a high pitched noise like I said on the title that destroys my ears for a while lol. After that I have to restart my phone if I want to listen audio again. I don't know if this is a reported problem or an issue with my unit. I just did a hard reset, hope that solves it, I really don't want to use an autoloader, but if it comes to that well... Any thoughts? Also, what's with the new threat page? It's all cramped to the left, can barely see what I'm writting
    03-03-17 09:02 AM
    1) have you tried different headphones?
    2) have you tried different music players?
    3) have you tried adjusting your screen brightness? (some displays have frequency bleeds)
    4) have you tried reloading the the OS?
    5) if under warranty, have you tried having it replaced?
    03-03-17 09:22 AM
    1) yes, and like I said, happens with or without headphones
    2) yes, like I said, happens with every app I use
    3) it never crossed my mind, but doesn't the screen brightness adjust itself?
    4) no, I've updated from. 3.2 to. 3.3 but never reloaded it
    5) bought it used from ebay

<Passport SQW100-1>
    03-03-17 09:39 AM
    Hi! Turns out that when I'm listening to music on my Passport with headphones or without them, and in every app, sometimes it makes like a high pitched noise like I said on the title that destroys my ears for a while lol. After that I have to restart my phone if I want to listen audio again. I don't know if this is a reported problem or an issue with my unit. I just did a hard reset, hope that solves it, I really don't want to use an autoloader, but if it comes to that well... Any thoughts? Also, what's with the new threat page? It's all cramped to the left, can barely see what I'm writting
    This just happened to me for the first time. I was speaking on the phone when a terribly loud high pitched noise came out of the speaker. It was so loud that people in the street turned and looked at me. I disconnected the call immediately, which stopped the noise, but then my phone had no sound whatsoever until I restarted.

This was without headphones attached.
    05-22-17 08:05 AM
    This just happened to me for the first time. I was speaking on the phone when a terribly loud high pitched noise came out of the speaker. It was so loud that people in the street turned and looked at me. I disconnected the call immediately, which stopped the noise, but then my phone had no sound whatsoever until I restarted.

This was without headphones attached.
    Yes, after that mine goes mute too.
    I haven't found a solution yet. How long have you had yours before this happening? Was a system update maybe what triggered this behavior? Just be careful, it happens with headphones too and I can assure you is a horrible experience
    05-22-17 08:17 AM
    Sounds horrible. If no warranty, I would throw that phone out. Not worth doing permanent​ damage to your ear drums.
    05-22-17 08:21 AM
    Yes, after that mine goes mute too.
    I haven't found a solution yet. How long have you had yours before this happening? Was a system update maybe what triggered this behavior? Just be careful, it happens with headphones too and I can assure you is a horrible experience
    I've only had my Passport SE for a couple of months. It was new, but from Hong Kong, so I hope that doesnt have anything to do with it. I certainly cannot throw it away as the above poster suggested. Its too new and too beautiful.

With that said, I'm a bit worried because I use headphones a lot, and if this happens with those on I'll probably have a heart attack.

In terms of updates, I updated everything as soon as I got my phone, so nothing new since then. I don't see any new notifications in the hub, so not sure what set it off.

I was just about to walk into a shop with those electronic tag scanners (the ones that alarm when a thief steals clothes). Whether that has something to do with it, I'm not sure.
    05-22-17 08:29 AM