Pretty sure I haven't read this one here. See those extra, small keys at the beginning and end of each row? Besides q,a,z,p,backspace, and enter keys? You can cover them up and then swipe horizontally to scroll through the next screens. I use it (and found it) on Twitter while scrolling through the timelines. Not there for nothing I guess. Cover those extra keys under the hand holding the device, swipe across with other hand to get to the next screen/cascaded frame, if available.

Update: covering them up also locks/switches off the keyboard gestures.

What I mean and how it works: So you can use the keyboard to scroll through the webpages, right? But that's just vertical scrolling. Now if you open the native Twitter app you can swipe across the screen to go the next screen/tab from the Timeline to the Discover tab then to the Interaction tab. So instead of using the keyboard for just vertical scrolling with up and down gestures, you could also use the right-left gestures for horizontal scrolling. Just cover up those extra keys under the thumb cushion of the hand holding the device (left hand for me) and then swipe across the keyboard with your right hand (like you would to delete a word), and that will take you to the tab/screen/frame, if available.

Also, when inside the CB app you can use the keyboard to scroll right? Cover up those extra keys and it locks the keyboard and gestures won't work.
    Last edited by Ankit RS; 10-22-14 at 01:58 AM.
    10-21-14 11:24 PM
    Well you lost me..... No idea what you mean.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 11:34 PM
    Do you mean holding it in your palm facing upwards that both ends will react to the gestures? O_o I don't have a Passport, but I am curious to know how to utilize it correctly. Thank you.
    10-21-14 11:37 PM
    Well you lost me..... No idea what you mean.

Posted via CB10
    Okay. So you can use the keyboard to scroll through the webpages, right? But that's just vertical scrolling. Now if you open the native Twitter app you can swipe across the screen to go the next screen/tab from the Timeline to the Discover tab then to the Interaction tab. So instead of using the keyboard for just vertical scrolling with up and down gestures, you could also use the right-left gestures for horizontal scrolling.

Also, when inside the CB app you can use the keyboard to scroll right? Cover up those extra keys and it locks the keyboard and gestures won't work. I'll add this to the original post for better understanding.
    10-21-14 11:41 PM
    If you have one finger anywhere on the keyboard it locks the screen until you lift your finger or scroll with it. I don't use twitter so I guess I can't check that one out....

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 11:51 PM
    Yup, worked for me. Thanks for the tip! So to summarize, if you want to get to the pages to the right or left, you cover the keys on either end of the keyboard and swipe left or right with fingers on the other hand to get to the additional pages (assuming that the app has pages to the right or left like the native Twitter app does). Very cool!
    10-21-14 11:56 PM
    Yup, worked for me. Thanks for the tip! So to summarize, if you want to get to the pages to the right or left, you cover the keys on either end of the keyboard and swipe left or right with fingers on the other hand to get to the additional pages (assuming that the app has pages to the right or left like the native Twitter app does). Very cool!
    Wow!

That is amazing, you have no idea how many times I've wanted to do this with the keyboard.

Just place your thumb on the P, delete, Enter keys (or the other thumb on the Q, A, Z keys, and then swipe horizontally with the other thumb.

But the real news here is that this confirms that the capacitive keyboard is indeed capable of multi-touch (or at least two-touch) input. So, pinch to zoom is only a matter of time.

Posted via CB10
    swishhh likes this.
    10-22-14 12:04 AM
    Yes. This. Guess I tried to over-simplify the how-to-do-it part. Lol.
    10-22-14 12:07 AM
    Wow!

That is amazing, you have no idea how many times I've wanted to do this with the keyboard.

Just place your thumb on the P, delete, Enter keys (or the other thumb on the Q, A, Z keys, and then swipe horizontally with the other thumb.

But the real news here is that this confirms that the capacitive keyboard is indeed capable of multi-touch (or at least two-touch) input. So, pinch to zoom is only a matter of time.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it's amazing, but what I find more amazing is that this wasn't mentioned in any of the demo videos. It's so good I can't imagine why'd they want to leave it out.
    10-22-14 12:33 AM
    I think they are saving it as a feature in 10.3.1.

Using Passport and Z10
    10-22-14 12:38 AM
    Actually, in Twitter any 2 finger scroll works for left-right scrolling. The side bits must just also be sensitive or partially sensitive. They offer no different functionality than two fingers anywhere on the keyboard as far as I can tell.

Posted on my Passport
    10-22-14 12:51 AM
    Actually, in Twitter any 2 finger scroll works for left-right scrolling. The side bits must just also be sensitive or partially sensitive. They offer no different functionality than two fingers anywhere on the keyboard as far as I can tell.

Posted on my Passport
    I didn't know about the two finger scroll. Thanks. The covering the extra keys horizontal swipe is smoother though. Tried 2 finger scroll and it works but the next screen that shows up is not aligned with the one that is going down.
    10-22-14 01:57 AM
    You can keep one finger stationary and scroll with the other, then it will work like using the "side keys".

Posted on my Passport
    jonskids likes this.
    10-22-14 02:38 AM
    It's not just restricted only to those small letter-less keys. Place one finger on either side of the keyboard and scroll horizontally on the other side.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    10-22-14 12:11 PM
    This is how I was doing it until I read this thread - 2 fingers will get you to the next slide, but it is more fluid with the one-finger method, covering the boxes at the end of the rows. Using the 2-finger method it also tries to scroll up/down a bit, unless of course you go in a perfectly straight line, which you wont do.

I'm already in love with this new keyboard. the fast swipe to delete a word is already a subconsious action for me, very useful. I'm also in good tune with the swipe down to open the sub menu.

I am, however, still getting used to the 3 rows instead of 4. I am adding a 'Z' still to some words somewhat often when I want to add a comma.
    10-22-14 12:23 PM