01-02-15 05:43 AM
231 ... 23456 ...
tools
    - I just discovered this feature by playing around with my phone. Click the power button 3x and the screen reader option will appear. Double tap with two fingers to turn on screen reader. To turn screen reader off click the power 3x again.

- To capture screen image press the the volume up and down key at the same time.

- To do a master reset hold down the volume and and down for a few seconds until the screen turns black.

- In music player app, skip to next song by holding up volume button for 2 seconds. To go to previous song press and hold down button for 2 seconds (will work even on lock screen).

- In music player app, press middle button to pause music (will work even on lock screen).
    The music player tip does not work on my Passport. It doesn't work on my Z10 either. Where did you get this tip?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 01:13 AM
    I works on mind. I used to use this feature often on my old Blackberry bold so I decided to test it out on my Passport and to my surprise it did work.

The music player tip does not work on my Passport. It doesn't work on my Z10 either. Where did you get this tip?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 01:42 AM
    Funny that many of the kb shortcuts i used extensively on Bold 9900 go completely forgotten by me after using Z10 and Z30 for the past couple of years.

Welcome back to the fold...
    thymaster likes this.
    11-07-14 02:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    Go to Settings > Main Volume and turn on Music Shortcuts!

Posted via CB10
    thymaster, dejanh, portal and 2 others like this.
    11-07-14 02:05 AM
    @bbfrey is there anyway to reassign the alphabet tagged to an account? My whatsapp and text messages are assigned to the same key and it's always text messages that gets activated

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 04:43 AM
    @bbfrey is there anyway to reassign the alphabet tagged to an account? My whatsapp and text messages are assigned to the same key and it's always text messages that gets activated

Posted via CB10
    You'll have to wait for 10.3.1 for that!

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 05:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    Just turn on the option
    Hidden Features...Time for a Little Discovery Play Time-img_20141107_055426.png

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    GRojasHruska and rhitdoph like this.
    11-07-14 05:55 AM
    Funny that many of the kb shortcuts i used extensively on Bold 9900 go completely forgotten by me after using Z10 and Z30 for the past couple of years.

It was the same for me coming from a 9780.
    Wow this voice recognition works really well

Posted via CB10
    thymaster and GRojasHruska like this.
    11-07-14 08:35 AM
    Is there a way to keep voice dictation on all the time or do I have to constantly turn it on after each sentence?

Posted using my Passport
    11-07-14 08:45 AM
    Love the mic button you can hold for three seconds above the period and dictate text. Works even here in this app. Not really hidden, however probably not noticed.
    Wow, what a great feature. It even gets the punctuation right when dictated. Truly amazing!
    Thanks for the tip!

Posted via CB10
    thymaster and southlander like this.
    11-07-14 09:51 AM
    Is there a way to keep voice dictation on all the time or do I have to constantly turn it on after each sentence?

Posted using my Passport
    As long as you don't stop dictating, it will keep going. As soon as you take a break, it will stop. I haven't tried out yet, how much text you can dictate before it will stop and start transcribing what you said. Also, unfortunately, it currently only supports one input language (in contrast to the keyboard, where you can have up to three for auto-correction and word predictions, which works also really well, I must say)

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 09:57 AM
    As long as you don't stop dictating, it will keep going. As soon as you take a break, it will stop. I haven't tried out yet, how much text you can dictate before it will stop and start transcribing what you said. Also, unfortunately, it currently only supports one input language (in contrast to the keyboard, where you can have up to three for auto-correction and word predictions, which works also really well, I must say)

Posted via CB10
    OK, I played a little bit more with this feature, trying to dictate a longer text in one piece. In the fifth or sixth sentence, it stopped, saying it didn't understand what I said . Two sentences in a row are no problem. But it's still a lot faster than typing and indeed very accurate (even though I've got a cold right now).

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 10:06 AM
    Many thanks to all the posters. This brings back my memory when I was using my old Bold.

Cheers
    11-07-14 11:39 AM
    any way to compile this list in the original post. this would be great to have in a quick view rather than going through everything.
    11-07-14 12:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Can confirm that there is a limit to how much talking you do before it tells you it can't keep up. Having said that I've been using my passport to write my book when my computer isn't nearby and being able to take down dictation as opposed to typing for quick thoughts/notes or to add to my story is truly a godsend.
    Then again like many here I don't talk to my phone in public not because I'm embarrassed but because I don't like broadcasting my business.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 12:41 PM
    Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Passport
    11-09-14 09:07 AM
    Shift+delete is to delete forward
    It works for me too. Nice
    Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1609
    11-09-14 10:13 AM
    Lots of great tips here.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 11:16 AM
    Just tried it but it didn't work for me. Have you activated anything before?
    This is only enabled in 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 11:21 AM
    Wow. Voice command really works.

Posted using my awesome Z10STL100-2. 22. PHL.
    11-09-14 11:24 AM
    Great to be back with Blackberry Calendar. Here are a few shortcut I found while in the Calendar app

A = Agenda View
    D = Day View
    W = Weekly view
    M = Monthly view
    S = Search
    G = Go to Date
    N = Next
    P = Previous
    C = Create new appointment

While on the lock screen tap and hold down the camera button will unlock the camera without having to unlock the phone. Kinda stupid of me in the past to keep pressing the camera and thought it was a bug because it didn't wok. LOL.
    T = go to Today

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    11-09-14 11:25 AM
    Wow this voice recognition really works. Amazing actually. Dictated with my passport voice recognition Software.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 12:35 PM
    Came in to post the "u" + enter to unlock. So awesome. Enables one hand unlocking!

If you long press the focus square on the camera it will lock the focus.

Swiping down on the keyboard will map the extra characters to the keyboard for one keystroke.

Long press on any key for special Characters.

Two finger swipe down on any screen to get the settings toggle window.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 05:50 PM

After having ordered a Z30 when the Passport was out of stock, I'm starting to wish I had waited the extra time, all these features are incredible! ... Maybe Wind will get the Passport soon and I can just sign up for a new contract and get one on the cheap... =P
    11-09-14 06:41 PM
    Not new, but I still find them useful and haven't seen them listed:
    Ld -Local Date
    Lt -Local Time
    Myver -Device and OS version
    Mypin -Device PIN

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 07:16 PM
231 ... 23456 ...