01-02-15 06:43 AM
231 1234 ...
tools
    Props to the OP for such a clever idea in coming up with this forum ! #ThatsWussup

Posted via CrackBerry App
    11-06-14 12:20 AM
    From the Home screen (not the Lock screen), you can type anything with the keyboard to have Passport search for it. No need to open the magnifying glass like on the Z30, just type straight in. I search for contacts, dates, anything, this way, and it's blazingly quick.
    11-06-14 01:40 AM
    Swipe down from the top of the lockscreen to pull down your full-screen alarm.
    11-06-14 02:33 AM
    In the Crackberry App, the keyboard seems buggy. If you want to read in landscape and want to scroll with the keyobard swiping on it up and down, just do it. If it does not work, you can call up the option menue by swiping down then 'Account' and 'Close' to go back to previous screen. The keyboard should then be responsive again. I think there is a sort of time-out or fading time. Looking to your own account information reactivates the keyboard in this App!
    Enjoy!

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.2941; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675; Germany.
    11-06-14 02:35 AM
    Great to be back with Blackberry Calendar. Here are a few shortcut I found while in the Calendar app

A = Agenda View
    D = Day View
    W = Weekly view
    M = Monthly view
    S = Search
    G = Go to Date
    N = Next
    P = Previous
    C = Create new appointment

While on the lock screen tap and hold down the camera button will unlock the camera without having to unlock the phone. Kinda stupid of me in the past to keep pressing the camera and thought it was a bug because it didn't wok. LOL.
    Last edited by thymaster; 11-06-14 at 03:04 AM.
    11-06-14 02:51 AM
    Thanks a lot for the findings...
    11-06-14 03:00 AM
    In the Crackberry App, the keyboard seems buggy. If you want to read in landscape and want to scroll with the keyobard swiping on it up and down, just do it. If it does not work, you can call up the option menue by swiping down then 'Account' and 'Close' to go back to previous screen. The keyboard should then be responsive again. I think there is a sort of time-out or fading time. Looking to your own account information reactivates the keyboard in this App!
    Enjoy!

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.2941; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675; Germany.
    Yeah, i have experienced the same issue while in the Crackberry App... I just compared it to the other site - N4BB ,and the scrolling works without any lag.. Bit surprised as Crackberry being the more popular app , hope the developers could iron out this issue.

Regards,
    Divakar.
    11-06-14 03:05 AM
    Well it's not hidden, in fact it's as out there as it can be, but haven't seen it mentioned here, so:

Press U followed by Enter to unlock your device without having to swipe up or press the power button.

This comes up as pop up if you do the swipe gesture wrong on the lock screen.

Posted via CB10
    GRojasHruska and EsJayDee like this.
    11-06-14 04:12 AM
    I stumbled these on various threads.

- While in the Hub, hold down a date and it will highlight all the prior messages from that date. This is useful if you want to delete past massages.

- While in the text field, hold down shift and delete key will forward delete instead of going back.

- Camera App: After taking a picture, hold the little preview pic in the left corner and pull horizontally will give you have a quick glance.

- Camera App: Instead of reaching for the camera button in the middle, you can hit the space bar to take a picture.

- Swipe up half way and hold on any screen will show the battery % in the top left corner.
    Last edited by thymaster; 11-06-14 at 05:22 AM.
    11-06-14 04:14 AM
    Press U followed by Enter to unlock your device without having to swipe up or press the power button.
    Posted via CB10
    Just tried it but it didn't work for me. Have you activated anything before?
    deiop likes this.
    11-06-14 04:35 AM

- While in the Hub, hold down a date and it will highlight all the prior messages from that date. This is useful if you want to delete past massages.

- While in the text field, hold down shift and delete key will forward delete instead of going back.

- Camera App: After taking a picture, hold the little preview pic in the left corner and pull horizontally will give you have a quick glance.

- Camera App: Instead of reaching for the camera button in the middle, you can hit the space bar to take a picture.

- Swipe up half way and hold on any screen will show the battery % in the top left corner.
    Camera: or one of the volume keys... useful for the Z10/30 owners, too!

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.932; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675
    11-06-14 05:31 AM
    Hold down the U key then press Enter. This is a cool tip!
    11-06-14 05:41 AM

Space bar to take a pic! Genius.

You just saved me lots of frustration trying to position my fingers just right to hit that blue camera button or the volume keys to take a picture. Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    Geselskap likes this.
    11-06-14 05:54 AM
    This should be on CB front page with regular updates. Thanks OP for starting this thread. Love the calendar kb short cuts

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 05:56 AM
    It is a function that will be implemented on 10.3.1 OS. He is probably running a leak os or that att "leak".
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    11-06-14 06:02 AM
    Thanks for the thread you will definitely help a lot of people

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    11-06-14 06:04 AM
    When your cursor is active in a text field:

Delete ONE word:

1. Place cursor at end of word and swipe left on the physical keys with one finger.

Delete TWO words:

1. Place cursor at end of words and expand virtual keyboard by swiping down on physical keyboard or tapping '@123'

2. swipe left across expanded virtual keyboard with 2 fingers at the same time to delete 2 words at a time.

Posted via CB10
    iToya and nathan62969 like this.
    11-06-14 06:07 AM
    It's available in 10.3.1 (yes, leak).

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 06:16 AM
    This stuff is awesome!
    11-06-14 06:18 AM
    In the CB10 app (in any app):

For something in general: double tap on the keyboard pulls up the edit cursor/circle.

Posted using my Passport
    Thank you for posting this!

I was always just tapping the screen on the text field to bring up the edit bubble. Seems like the hard way now.

This is so much easier -> Double tapping the physical keyboard to bring up the edit bubble then controlling the the bubble/cursor by using the keyboard as a trackpad - so much easier without having to move your fingers off the keyboard. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 06:19 AM
    It is a function that will be implemented on 10.3.1 OS. He is probably running a leak os or that att "leak".
    Ok, thanks for the information.
    11-06-14 06:21 AM
    I've got a Passport on order, I'm learning some new things I can use right away, thanks!
    Geselskap likes this.
    11-06-14 06:25 AM
    EDIT: Just saw the option is in the pop up window. Wahooooo!

Is there a way to change calendar reminder pop up times. I remember on my 9930 there was some code you typed in that gave you the option to change the reminder from 5min to 10, 15, 20 etc... I know it's a different OS, but that was the greatest.

Posted via CB10
    George_B likes this.
    11-06-14 08:04 AM
    Camera... delete button to remove focus box on screen for better viewing.

Posted with my 5 week old superb Passport!
    ummie4 likes this.
    11-06-14 09:03 AM
    (1) Camera can be activated from lock screen.. just a long press on camera icon is needed . No need to unlock phone to use camera.. ( been there since 10.2)
    (2) leaving device monitor as an active frame gives current data info as to battery performance
    (3) Option to automatically go to meeting mode (silent/vibrate) based on calender entry and revert to normal mode at end of entry. ( for those of us that always forget to take phone of silent/vibrate)
    GRojasHruska and EsJayDee like this.
    11-06-14 09:26 AM
231 1234 ...