Same happens when you swipe down on the physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but swiping down lets you use the mapped kb to type the Alt and Sym characters, and it's only for one character at a time unless you lock the display on the screen. Pressing the @123 virtual button leaves the numbers and symbols on the screen until you type a full word using only letters. It's complicated to explain, you just need to try both methods.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    11-29-14 06:53 AM
    I don't know if this was available in previous versions of BB10 but I just discovered that you can mark a message as read or unread simply by tapping on the envelope or text icon in the left column in the Hub. Nice, now I don't have to long hold and select unread.

Posted using my Passport
    Thanks for this!

Posted via CB10 and the #BBPassport
    11-29-14 06:58 AM
    Sticky!! Sticky!!

Posted via CB10
    RA-HA and thedose like this.
    11-29-14 12:23 PM
    How to delete a full-line ?

Posted via CB10
    Hold, select the sentence and cut out the selection / text.
    11-29-14 01:46 PM
    N scrolls a list to Next item, P to previous. B to bottom, T to top. Hold N or P to slowly scroll down or up list. Space bar scrolls one page at a time. All these seem to work in this CB forum.

Posted via CB10
    Just noticed this as well!

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 11:16 AM
    Hold, select the sentence and cut out the selection / text.
    So no real short cut for full line delete. That's it, this phone sucks, I'm ordering an iPuke :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 12:49 PM
    I usually hold the shift key and swipe around the keyboard up to where I want the sentence to be delete.

So no real short cut for full line delete. That's it, this phone sucks, I'm ordering an iPuke :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 12:59 PM
    someone said in a thread somewhere that you can use a 2 finger swipe or something like that. I can't get that to work. Anyone have any ideas what that is about or am i misremembering?

I usually hold the shift key and swipe around the keyboard up to where I want the sentence to be delete.
    11-30-14 02:22 PM
    This definitely should be stickied.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 02:34 PM
    Thank you for great tips!

In music player app on my passport, when I press and hold the down volume button for 2 seconds, it doesn't go to previous song, only restarts the song that has been playing. But it works for skipping songs.

Can any one confirm this function's short cut on your passport, please?

Thank you.
    12-01-14 02:04 PM
    It works as intended in mine... maybe you need to hold the down volume a bit longer, 3 seconds...

Thank you for great tips!

In music player app on my passport, when I press and hold the down volume button for 2 seconds, it doesn't go to previous song, only restarts the song that has been playing. But it works for skipping songs.

Can any one confirm this function's short cut on your passport, please?

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    the3maples likes this.
    12-01-14 08:18 PM
    Not sure if this was said already, but swipe down on the physical keyboard (once or twice depending on the char you want) also does this BUT if you type from the physical keyboard, it disappears after one keystroke, if you type from the virtual keyboard, it stays until you put in a space and start the next word on the physical keyboard.

Rockin a Passport and Z30! Two devices are better than 1!
    Was just about to post this, discovered it on the train today. Very useful but I wonder how you can get it to type continuously from the PK rather than just one character (otherwise, gotta swipe down to bring it up, then hold it on the right side while you input)
    12-03-14 05:51 PM
    Was just about to post this, discovered it on the train today. Very useful but I wonder how you can get it to type continuously from the PK rather than just one character (otherwise, gotta swipe down to bring it up, then hold it on the right side while you input)
    Hold the @123 key/button down until the mapped keys are shown in the corners of the on screen keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    ALToronto likes this.
    12-04-14 02:48 AM
    Hold the @123 key/button down until the mapped keys are shown in the corners of the on screen keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Awesome! This will make typing so much easier!

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    12-04-14 06:16 AM
    I am currently floored right now with all these little short cuts. I'm seriously sitting here, going OMG OMG OMG. I can not get over how awesome this phone is!
    thedose likes this.
    12-04-14 07:42 AM
    thymaster, bravo mate!

This thread is making me love my passport so much ****ing more, gah! I love this OS!!!!!

I just want to

Who's with me?!
    12-04-14 10:42 PM
    In the stock Weather app, if you have multiple locations saved/set:

To switch locations, simply swipe up or down. Beats having to open the little arrow at the top right and selecting it manually
    brookie229 likes this.
    12-06-14 09:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not really needed: Swipe down, you call the virtual keyboard. If you type the special character from the physical, the symbols disappear and you type normally. If you type the character from the virtual keyboard, it stayes displayed and you can type a series, say a phone number etc.

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.932; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675
    12-06-14 01:08 PM
    Not really needed: Swipe down, you call the virtual keyboard. If you type the special character from the physical, the symbols disappear and you type normally. If you type the character from the virtual keyboard, it stayes displayed and you can type a series, say a phone number etc.

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.932; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675
    Well, the point at holding the @123 is that you can type as many mapped virtual keys on your physical keyboard as you want and not just one! I find this feature extremely useful, as there is no need to touch the screen. Touching the screen, especially the upper middle symbols, is simply not that convenient.

Posted via CB10 on my Passport
    anischab likes this.
    12-06-14 06:38 PM
    Ever wondered how to easily select text with the help of your physical keyboard? Press and hold the shift key and place the cursor on the touchscreen to the place until where you want to select the text. Works on both Q10 and Passport. On the Passport the realisation is even greater. Double tap on your keyboard to summon the circle, press and hold the shift key and swipe on your keyboard to select the text.

Posted via CB10 on my Passport
    I wonder where is the Shift key on the Passport keyboard?!
    12-06-14 08:18 PM
    There isn't one on the keyboard. It's on the virtual one though.

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    12-06-14 08:21 PM
    There isn't one on the keyboard. It's on the virtual one though.

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    Thought this would be a major flaw in the passport design, not really an issue after using the device. Keyboard very easy to get used to after using the Q10. Few days and muscle memory has been retrained :-)

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-07-14 03:24 PM
    I wonder where is the Shift key on the Passport keyboard?!
    Either use the one on the virtual row or do a long press on the letter you want to capitalize. It takes a little, but after a while you get the hang on how long you have to press to get a capital letter.
    Typing on a Q10 feels a little weird now, especially when you start to swipe up and/or down and nothing happens

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 03:44 PM
    When the alarm goes off and you are sleeping, it's an excellent way to press power button to snooze.
    RA-HA likes this.
    12-07-14 07:38 PM
    When the alarm goes off and you are sleeping, it's an excellent way to press power button to snooze.
    or you can simply literally just tap on the screen, works 100% (I do this every morning since it is a bit hard to locate the power button when you are first waking up and often easier to just tap the screen)
    12-08-14 11:16 AM
231 ... 678910