Ever wondered how to easily select text with the help of your physical keyboard? Press and hold the shift key and place the cursor on the touchscreen to the place until where you want to select the text. Works on both Q10 and Passport. On the Passport the realisation is even greater. Double tap on your keyboard to summon the circle, press and hold the shift key and swipe on your keyboard to select the text.

Posted via CB10 on my Passport
    geekaren and RWB3325 like this.
    11-22-14 08:21 PM
    Great thread. Can't wait to be fluent in these shortcuts!

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 09:06 PM
    One of the others I like is the backswipe to delete words, as long as the moving cursed thing is not on the screen. In another thread it tells of swiping back (to the left) on the virtual keyboard with multiple fingers enables deleting of multiple words. You can only dlete one word swiping to the left on the physical keyboard, but using 2 or 3 finger swipe left on the virtual keyboard, you can delete 2 or 3 words at a time. I love the differences between virtual and physical because I become more efficient using the differences. Love my Passport!

Rockin a Passport and Z30! Two devices are better than 1!
    thymaster and doxa sub750T like this.
    11-24-14 01:34 PM
    Learn a new trick today! It works beautifully. Thanks for sharing.

One of the others I like is the backswipe to delete words, as long as the moving cursed thing is not on the screen. In another thread it tells of swiping back (to the left) on the virtual keyboard with multiple fingers enables deleting of multiple words. You can only dlete one word swiping to the left on the physical keyboard, but using 2 or 3 finger swipe left on the virtual keyboard, you can delete 2 or 3 words at a time. I love the differences between virtual and physical because I become more efficient using the differences. Love my Passport!

11-24-14 02:02 PM
    I don't know if this was available in previous versions of BB10 but I just discovered that you can mark a message as read or unread simply by tapping on the envelope or text icon in the left column in the Hub. Nice, now I don't have to long hold and select unread.

Posted using my Passport
    11-25-14 02:49 PM
    How cool! Nice find man. Merci!
    11-25-14 03:14 PM
    I don't know if this was available in previous versions of BB10 but I just discovered that you can mark a message as read or unread simply by tapping on the envelope or text icon in the left column in the Hub. Nice, now I don't have to long hold and select unread.

Posted using my Passport
    This is new to 10.3.x and is enabled only with the active actions displayed. With the wide screen passport I leave this feature on always and it is probably one of the best new features in 10.3, imo.

11-25-14 10:16 PM

Posted using my Passport
    I couldn't replicate it. I'm in Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.1016.

When I click the envelope it opens the message
    11-25-14 10:27 PM
    I couldn't replicate it. I'm in Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.1016.

When I click the envelope it opens the message
    At the top right corner of the hub, there is an icon with three lines and a check in it. Click on it to turn "active actions" on, then when you see delete icons and flags on the right of each email, notification, etc (these are configurable active actions), then clicking on the mail icon on the left will toggle read and unread. Needs 10.3.x.

Rockin with my Passport and Z30!
    Last edited by DickDorf; 11-25-14 at 11:51 PM.
    11-25-14 11:15 PM
    Thank you. I didnt realize that its part of "instant actions". its works like charm, but i cant unread BBM message !!!!
    At the top right corner of the hub, there is an icon with three lines and a check in it. Click on it to turn "active actions" on, then when you see delete icons and flags on the right of each email, notification, etc (these are configurable active actions), then clicking on the mail icon on the left will toggle read and unread. Needs 10.3.x.

Rockin with my Passport and Z30!
    11-26-14 12:26 AM
    I think one feature that everyone is not utilizing is the keyboard with Blackberry Assistance. When you're on a home screen just type a keyword in a document or app that you want to find and BB Assistance will populate a matching app and file instantly with that keyword. This cuts down through minutes of navigating though apps, emails, files and documents just to pull up what you're looking for. The 2nd best productivity feature in my opinion after BB Hub.

I know iOS and Android have similar features too but the Passport keyboard really cuts down more steps and shows more superior results then competitors.
    WebOS has that termed "just type" from anywhere or home screen... glad to have it on BlackBerry passport

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 12:46 AM
    It's been said on this thread you can switch apps by holding a finger on the keyboard, and swiping, also mentioned this only works on the latest versions of 10.3.1... which I have, but it doesn't work? Troll feature or am I doing it wrong...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1016
    Just curious (off topic a bit), does 1016 have flash (activates via slider in browser in 908) or is it abandoned by design as some have mentioned elsewhere ??

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 12:54 AM
    Is there an efficient way to save this entire thread ? It's a classic !!

Posted via CB10
    anand_ma likes this.
    11-26-14 01:05 AM
    Is there an efficient way to save this entire thread ? It's a classic !!

Posted via CB10
    Share via email to yourself

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    11-26-14 01:26 AM
    Long press the mute icon during a call and your call will automatically be placed on hold.

Posted via CB10
    AshokGov, RA-HA and kazakoshi like this.
    11-26-14 02:45 AM
    Long press the mute icon during a call and your call will automatically be placed on hold.

Posted via CB10
    Wow how did you find that out??
    11-26-14 05:11 AM
    Sorry, yes "instant actions"

anand_ma likes this.
    11-26-14 08:50 AM
    Wow how did you find that out??
    Just stumbled on it while playing with the call screen during a phone call.. really cool feature

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 05:13 PM
    Just stumbled on it while playing with the call screen during a phone call.. really cool feature

Posted via CB10
    You were playing with call screen without talking to the other guy :-)? Lol...

Anand
    rhitdoph likes this.
    11-26-14 10:12 PM
    I think one feature that everyone is not utilizing is the keyboard with Blackberry Assistance. When you're on a home screen just type a keyword in a document or app that you want to find and BB Assistance will populate a matching app and file instantly with that keyword. This cuts down through minutes of navigating though apps, emails, files and documents just to pull up what you're looking for. The 2nd best productivity feature in my opinion after BB Hub.

I know iOS and Android have similar features too but the Passport keyboard really cuts down more steps and shows more superior results then competitors.
    One can type in the BlackBerry 10.2 but nothing happens. Just swipe the up the keyboard on the home screen (two fingers from the bottom basel) and start typing. No text will appear, no action will taken. Then press the search icon. The typed text is there.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1609
    11-28-14 02:28 PM
    Is there some way to have the numbers permanently run horizontal?

Some times it opens like a calculator in the left side like notepad which makes it a major pain to use. Some programs run 2 lines across the top of the keyboard with numbers on one line and symbols on the second - it is easier to use and more natural than the calculator style where you can only use one side of the phone. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 07:29 PM
    Is there some way to have the numbers permanently run horizontal?

Some times it opens like a calculator in the left side like notepad which makes it a major pain to use. Some programs run 2 lines across the top of the keyboard with numbers on one line and symbols on the second - it is easier to use and more natural than the calculator style where you can only use one side of the phone. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    Two lines across the top, with the numbers in the top line, appear only when you're typing a username or a password. I don't think there is a way to leave them permanently. I find that swiping down and using the old Alt key mapped characters is much faster. You can leave that keyboard up by long pressing on the down arrow in the bottom right corner.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    11-28-14 08:29 PM
    N scrolls a list to Next item, P to previous. B to bottom, T to top. Hold N or P to slowly scroll down or up list. Space bar scrolls one page at a time. All these seem to work in this CB forum.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 03:11 AM
    How to delete a full-line ?

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 03:30 AM
    On the virtual keyboard if you hold the @123 key it will bring up the virtual keyboard and you can use the letters on your physical keyboard to type out numbers brackets underscores etc.

Posted via CB10
    Same happens when you swipe down on the physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 06:36 AM
231 ... 56789 ...