Please share any new findings on the phone features here. After discovering new features across multiple threads, I feel like I haven't tap into the full phone potential yet.

My favourite finding is with Android apps having that black bar at the bottom, I though it was a waste of screen estate for a single back button. A week later I found out you can swipe top down to hide the black bar and in replacement of the back button you can swipe bottom up diagonally to go back a screen.

Also with Android apps I find that zooming out fixes a lot of the incompatible screen aspect ratio problems.

Someone mention that in a text field you swipe down the keyboard to bring up more character choices.
    Pcmx, sandouga, Geselskap and 7 others like this.
    11-05-14 02:18 PM
    I can give some simple ones

Two finger swipe from top in apps to bring up BlackBerry quick settings

Love the T and B keys to go to top or bottom of thread or what ever you are doing.

C to compose

How about the swipe diagonally from top right corner 4 times and get hub reset

Yes swipe down bringing up additional characters with mapped keys.

Love the mic button you can hold for three seconds above the period and dictate text. Works even here in this app. Not really hidden, however probably not noticed.

Shift+delete is to delete forward. Just leaned this one

Will think of more.

Posted with my 5 week old superb Passport!
    11-05-14 02:46 PM
    [QUOTE=Adif_70;11050507]I can give some simple ones

Love the mic button you can hold for three seconds above the period and dictate text. Works even here in this app. Not really hidden, however probably not noticed.

This feature works amazingly well. I now use it extensively to boost my productivity.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 02:54 PM
    R in browser is reader mode
    I in browser is zoom in. Works well in desktop mode
    O in browser is zoom out
    S is search page in browser
    H history.

These key shortcuts along with speed dial make keyboard BlackBerry phones so useful.

10.3.1 to add custom short cuts. I am using 10.3.0

11-05-14 03:00 PM
    Place one thumb on the keyboard and then swipe horizontally using the other to get to next screen/frame, if available.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 03:18 PM
    Press U in hub to go to next unread message.

We know that hold your finger down on text will select a word. If you hold longer it will select more and more. From sentence to paragraph etc. Works in browser and documents.

11-05-14 03:19 PM
    [QUOTE=calcareer;11050532]

This feature works amazingly well. I now use it extensively to boost my productivity.

Posted via CB10
    I had never noticed this before. This is going to change my life! I even replied to this post with voice, it's freaking awesome!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    11-05-14 03:41 PM
    Wow this is great. I hesitated on trying this feature before because of bad experiences with Android and iOS. They were never accurate and it was time consuming for me to go back and fix all the mistakes. I just tried the blackberry version and so far it's been 100% accurate for me. I don't understand how an underdog like Blackberry speech recognition is beyond better then Apple and Google boggles me.

[QUOTE=calcareer;11050532]

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 03:52 PM
    Subscribed to this thread.

Posted via CB10
    Geselskap and GRojasHruska like this.
    11-05-14 04:03 PM
    Place one thumb on the keyboard and then swipe horizontally using the other to get to next screen/frame, if available.

Posted via CB10
    Can you elaborate on this? Where might this be used?
    viennabb likes this.
    11-05-14 04:10 PM
    Def some i had never heard before....thx!
    11-05-14 04:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    This one is great! When playing with a demo unit I wondered why does the Passport not support horizontal swipes in order to move to the next screen/frame. Now I know that this works with keeping one finger still and swiping with the other one, thanks!
    11-05-14 04:12 PM
    When viewing emails P and N show previous and next emails without going back to hub.

In hub, pinch to filter unread only, and spread to revert back.
    11-05-14 05:25 PM
    Wow! This is a great thread. Thanks for all the input everyone.
    Geselskap likes this.
    11-05-14 06:45 PM
    This thread really illustrates that it is not a phone you can master in a day. A deep operating system designed for power users. Its a shame that some abandon it in frustration before they've even scratched the surface of its abilities.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    11-05-14 08:39 PM
    When you are in HUB, pinch inn to view all unread messages.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 09:07 PM
    Can you elaborate on this? Where might this be used?
    In apps where you have more than one screens and you would normally swipe to get to other screens. I use this while switching from my Timeline, to the Interactions and Discover tabs.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 09:21 PM
    R in browser is reader mode
    I in browser is zoom in. Works well in desktop mode
    O in browser is zoom out
    S is search page in browser
    H history.
    The browser has many shortcuts. As well as the above:
    P go back to the previous page
    N go forward to the next page (if you pressed P)
    W open the tabs page
    Delete (from W) deletes the current page
    Enter (from W) goes to that page
    K bookmarks
    U bring up the URL input box and highlight the url
    S search
    L reload page
    Space scroll one page down
    B go to the bottom of the page
    T go to the top

Hmmm, think thats it
    11-05-14 09:29 PM
    In the CB10 app (in any app):

To circumvent the problem of not being able to scroll in the app without the need to enter/exit account:

N lets you scroll down by single posts if you click it or scroll down faster if you hold the N key.

Same with P but going up the page.

R or C lets you reply

For something in general: double tap on the keyboard pulls up the edit cursor/circle.

Posted using my Passport
    Last edited by DuexNoir; 11-06-14 at 09:01 AM.
    11-05-14 09:39 PM
    A great thread. I'm learning a lot of great tricks. Please keep them coming.

Posted via CB10
    Geselskap likes this.
    11-05-14 10:43 PM
    I just tried that mic button - dictation.
    That's totally awesome.

Shift+delete is to delete forward. Just leaned this one

Will think of more.

Geselskap and GRojasHruska like this.
    11-05-14 10:50 PM
    [QUOTE=thymaster;11050658]Wow this is great. I hesitated on trying this feature before because of bad experiences with Android and iOS. They were never accurate and it was time consuming for me to go back and fix all the mistakes. I just tried the blackberry version and so far it's been 100% accurate for me. I don't understand how an underdog like Blackberry speech recognition is beyond better then Apple and Google boggles me.

Believe!
    11-05-14 10:53 PM
    Some tips appear in the 'keyboard tips' thread... make also a jump there ;-)
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=965730

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.932; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675
    geekaren likes this.
    11-05-14 11:01 PM
    This is the beginning of a very useful thread!

I was not aware of a few shortcuts mentioned above and is making me more productive and exploiting more features of the new OS and my device.

Very nice!

Thank you all for sharing!!

Cheers!

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport SR 10.3.0.908, OS 10.3.0.1418
    Geselskap likes this.
    11-05-14 11:05 PM
    Wow this is great. I hesitated on trying this feature before because of bad experiences with Android and iOS. They were never accurate and it was time consuming for me to go back and fix all the mistakes. I just tried the blackberry version and so far it's been 100% accurate for me. I don't understand how an underdog like Blackberry speech recognition is beyond better then Apple and Google boggles me.
    Simple: BlackBerry licenses their voice recognition from industry leader Nuance.
    cbr629 and Geselskap like this.
    11-05-14 11:09 PM
231 123 ...