After being an iphone user for 4 years I've just ordered a Q10. I broke my iphone after dropping it and I've been in need of something new for a while seeing as it was an old version and had really slowed down. I've never had a bad experience with the iphone and I've always found Apple staff to provide excellent customer service, but I just wanted something new, something different. Obviously I can't comment on my experience with Blackberry because my new handset hasn't arrived yet. What I can say about my experience with the iphone is that it began brilliantly, who could fail to love all those apps?! But the novelty has begun to wear off and I realise I had a phone full of apps that I never used, they had the longevity of a Christmas cracker hat and after a couple of months they'd sit on my phone untouched.

Having visited the Blackberry and Crackberry (whoever came up with this word deserves a round of applause!) websites I've uncovered a wealth of information on devices available and an insight into what they offer. I've seen reviews on various other websites give the Q10 less than a 4 star rating. I've seen this forum littered with problems that people have experience regarding double typing, accessing card memory, acquiring Wi-Fi connections - problems which I sure as hell never had with an iphone and yet I'm still switching! If anything I'm accepting it as a challenge and I was spurred on even more by the bloke in the Ee network shop who claimed "We're not selling Blackberrys anymore because we don't know how much longer the company will be around, so we don't want to sell you something for which the warranty may become void". I could have argued back about the release of the Passport, the upcoming release of the Classic, the fact that Ee still sell Blackberrys in the business section of their website but I couldn't be arsed and simply took to the internet to do what I set out to - join the dark side (that's what it feels like I'm doing), and I think it's going to be worth it ;-)

Apologies if this seemed more like a rant than a reply to the thread.
    12-02-14 11:30 AM
    Welcome back OP. Sincerely hope you have a blast with your Passport, like I do. Btw, BlackBerry will be around for a very long time.
    12-03-14 09:32 AM
    Welcome back.. Feel free to ask questions and hang around. It's fun here at CB.
    12-03-14 10:02 AM
    I really don't see Blackberry as being around for much longer. But I sincerely hope I'm wrong because the Passport is proof to me that they still have it.
    Yeah not to be rude by pointing the obvious but....
    People have thought that for the last six or seven years.
    We are here to stay.
    12-03-14 10:50 AM
    Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I'm still thoroughly enjoying my Passport. Usually, the honeymoon period is over by now. I'm definitely here to stay.

I'm only having a few minor issues and they're not enough to run me off, but maybe you guys know something I haven't figured out yet:

1. Can't sign into OneNote or OneDrive - The apps just crash when I try. Installed through Snap.
    2. Fitbit - My Charge won't sync. The app sees it and the BT connects, but no syncing will occur. I'm running the newest Fitbit beta. My Up24, however, syncs just fine.
    3. Sound notifications for email - I have set a sound notification for emails several times. It simply won't work. I sitll get LED notifications, but no sound. I have read that it could be a BT issue and I have toggled it off/on and the sound came back temporarily, but I can't leave BT off all the time (Pebble, Jawbone, etc). Is this a bug in 10.3?

Anyway, thanks again for the warm welcome. Great community here.
    12-03-14 11:46 AM
    For OneDrive you should use the native version on BlackBerry World. For OneNote it's dependent on your Android runtime which should work on 10.3.0 + .. does atleast on 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 12:13 PM
    It's not a slight against Blackberry. It just seems to be what the market is saying. Despite what a great device the Passport is, it's not selling well. The form factor is kind of polarizing for many. The Blackberry iPhone trade-in program is an indication of that. They're practically giving them away, which isn't a good sign.

They have been struggling for years and nearly died off twice now. I like the new direction they're headed and Chen genuinely seems to get it, but your average consumer seems incapable of considering anything without Android or iOS on it. Time will tell.
    First faack the markets both financial and consumer. Not sure where you get that the Passport hasn't been selling well? It has outsold BlackBerry's expectations so that all that matters. The trade in program has nothing to do with sales or lack there of. Its just a jab at Apple and trying to win back some old BlackBerry customers, and guess what it's working. BlackBerry has soooooo much more than devices and as soon as the media and consumers realize that maybe just maybe BlackBerry will be more open to doing business with them.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    12-03-14 12:24 PM
    First... welcome to the OP and props for an honest a straight forward post.... as for BB not being around... it is not far from being true till BB shows 3 or 4 quarters of true growth and consistent profit... at this point that has not happened... yes the company has what looks a solid plan and execution... whether that actually saves the company is not yet written.... As for sales and market... BB has made it clear through marketing and statements form John Chen that the US consumer market is not a priority and will not be treated as such.... as much as the US is a great market... in the consumers mind BB is dead.... it is putting good money after bad to promote what people do not want to use... former BB management made this mistake and almost cost them the company... bottom line... BB will continue to focus on emerging markets and Enterprise... look for it to maintain extremely conservative hardware management... as Chen has indicated Passport is past break even with initial sales them the product is a success... not on the scale of Apple but financially so..... so exciting times and disquieting are ahead for BB ,,,,looks like the OP made the plunge at an interesting time....
    12-03-14 12:31 PM
    Nicely put honest and a good read, and glad your happy!
    12-03-14 12:52 PM
    Congratulations and Welcome to Crackberry

I was using an iPhone 4 in 2010-2011, then my younger brother bought me the Bold 9900( he actually forced me to use it ), He's been a blackberry user for a long time. Since using the Bold, I haven't bought any other phones. I got me the Z10 and then Z30 now Passport.

You are spot on when saying you are a fan of the HUB, HUB is so efficient that it gives us the ability to multi task to the next level.

I bet you can tell the build quality of the Device, and the weight just feels right. You know you are holding a device built with passion !!!

Yes the camera needs little more refinement

Now I use my iPhone 4 as my music player can't just throw 32GB to waste can you

Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.1.135
    12-03-14 01:05 PM
    For OneDrive you should use the native version on BlackBerry World. For OneNote it's dependent on your Android runtime which should work on 10.3.0 + .. does atleast on 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    Ah, I had the native version installed, but I didn't see the "view files" option. I thought it was just for uploading. Thanks! I'm definitely on the newest available BB software, so I'm not sure why OneNote won't work. I tried reinstalling, but no dice.
    12-03-14 03:11 PM
    But the novelty has begun to wear off and I realise I had a phone full of apps that I never used, they had the longevity of a Christmas cracker hat and after a couple of months they'd sit on my phone untouched.
    Bravo. This is precisely what I ask people when they talk about lack of apps. They look at their iPhone or Android, with 7 or 8 pages of apps, and when I ask how many of the apps have you used in the past 6 months, the average answer is maybe about 10 of them.
    12-03-14 03:16 PM
    Ah, I had the native version installed, but I didn't see the "view files" option. I thought it was just for uploading. Thanks! I'm definitely on the newest available BB software, so I'm not sure why OneNote won't work. I tried reinstalling, but no dice.
    OneNote does not work on 10.3.0.xxxx It does work on 10.3.1.xxxx I'm using it now for both personal and work/Office 365 notebooks
    Passport comes with 10.3.0, grab the 10.3.1 autoloader or wait for official 10.3.1 for OneNote.
    southlander likes this.
    12-03-14 03:26 PM
    OneNote does not work on 10.3.0.xxxx It does work on 10.3.1.xxxx I'm using it now for both personal and work/Office 365 notebooks
    Passport comes with 10.3.0, grab the 10.3.1 autoloader or wait for official 10.3.1 for OneNote.
    I'm ashamed to say that I'm a blackberry noob at this point. 10.3.1 autoloader? Is that like applying an Android ROM? If so, will it wipe my device or prevent updates?
    12-03-14 04:23 PM
    I'm ashamed to say that I'm a blackberry noob at this point. 10.3.1 autoloader? Is that like applying an Android ROM? If so, will it wipe my device or prevent updates?
    It will completely wipe your device. Yes. Giving you a clean installed OS image. If you do not mind setting up from scratch again and your truly important stuff is stored in the cloud then it's the simple and best clean way to go. If you have on device data you really really want to save then you'll need to read up on using Sachesi to do what is called a nondestructive update. For example if you have progress saved in games. Or app data stored locally that can not be downloaded again.

Updates are based on versioning. If your carrier pushes an update that has a higher version number than the leak you install then you will be able to install the update.

So it does not affect your ability to update the device via official channels.

Z10STL100-4/10.3.1.1151
    12-03-14 04:33 PM
    Newest as in official version or the leaked version?

OneNote works well on my Z30 with 10.3.1. No issues that I can see but I am not a heavy user.

And if you want more than DocsToGo app that comes native, MS office works well as well. Download from amazon or via snap.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 05:38 PM
    After being an iphone user for 4 years I've just ordered a Q10. I broke my iphone after dropping it and I've been in need of something new for a while seeing as it was an old version and had really slowed down. I've never had a bad experience with the iphone and I've always found Apple staff to provide excellent customer service, but I just wanted something new, something different. Obviously I can't comment on my experience with Blackberry because my new handset hasn't arrived yet. What I can say about my experience with the iphone is that it began brilliantly, who could fail to love all those apps?! But the novelty has begun to wear off and I realise I had a phone full of apps that I never used, they had the longevity of a Christmas cracker hat and after a couple of months they'd sit on my phone untouched.

Having visited the Blackberry and Crackberry (whoever came up with this word deserves a round of applause!) websites I've uncovered a wealth of information on devices available and an insight into what they offer. I've seen reviews on various other websites give the Q10 less than a 4 star rating. I've seen this forum littered with problems that people have experience regarding double typing, accessing card memory, acquiring Wi-Fi connections - problems which I sure as hell never had with an iphone and yet I'm still switching! If anything I'm accepting it as a challenge and I was spurred on even more by the bloke in the Ee network shop who claimed "We're not selling Blackberrys anymore because we don't know how much longer the company will be around, so we don't want to sell you something for which the warranty may become void". I could have argued back about the release of the Passport, the upcoming release of the Classic, the fact that Ee still sell Blackberrys in the business section of their website but I couldn't be arsed and simply took to the internet to do what I set out to - join the dark side (that's what it feels like I'm doing), and I think it's going to be worth it ;-)

Apologies if this seemed more like a rant than a reply to the thread.
    I did the same my friend, after 6 years of using iPhones. You won't regret the Q10. All the bugs people complained about have been ironed out in the OS updates, and the phone works better than released. The 10.3 update incorporating Blend will only make it shine more.

Oh, and even since you went Black, you haven't joined the Darkside, you've left it!

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    12-03-14 06:14 PM
    Don't wipe your phone and autoload. You have to reset your contacts, apps, etc. I suggest you use Blitz method by Sachasi. If you are careful and read the thread it's a snap (how to load Blitz)
    Download Sachesi 2.0
    Find Blitz 10.3.1.1154 - download
    Plug in your device with USB and micro USB and Sachesi finds your latest version
    Move Zip of 10.3.1.1154 over to Sachesi version and - voila!!!
    This is painless - and I have autoloaded many many times; never again.

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew on SQW-100-1 10.3.1.1154
    12-03-14 09:09 PM
    The forum thread will also tell you how to avoid Blend incompatabilty. Welcome back to a pretty good bunch of forum folks with innovative talent and ideas you receive as a perk for reuniting with Blackberry.

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew on SQW-100-1 10.3.1.1154
    12-03-14 09:13 PM
44 12