04-03-15 05:14 PM
39 12
tools
    I've been deciding on weather or not to trade in the passport for the classic at the end of this week as it's coming to the end of the 14 day return policy.

Anyone have any speculation as to if the classic in black will drop in price when the white one comes out?

I do like the passport but the keyboard really hasn't grown on me much although I do like the swipe feature on the keyboard.

Are there any plans for a full touchscreen keyboard as an option for one handed use?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 09:59 AM
    I've been deciding on weather or not to trade in the passport for the classic at the end of this week as it's coming to the end of the 14 day return policy.

Anyone have any speculation as to if the classic in black will drop in price when the white one comes out?

I do like the passport but the keyboard really hasn't grown on me much although I do like the swipe feature on the keyboard.

Are there any plans for a full touchscreen keyboard as an option for one handed use?

Posted via CB10
    I held the Classic in my hand and it just seem to be to small after having the passport for a while. IMO
    03-26-15 10:18 AM
    Passport all the way.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    03-26-15 10:20 AM
    I thought the Passport was amazing, but not for everyone. I am not going to say the size was bad, actually I have nothing bad to say about the Passport.. but I do understand that some people may feel that it isn't the right device for them
    03-27-15 01:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'd really love to hear more if you do decide to switch to a Classic!

I'm on my 6th day with the Passport and i'm getting pretty proficient with the keyboard, but I highly doubt it'll come close to the efficiency of the good ol' 4 row. I've been flirting everyday with the Classic idea.

Aside of the bigger screen I was initially sold by the 13mp camera! But in reality it's pretty bad. The blue/green tint on lower lights and the auto focus issues are really frustrating. Try to snap a single in-focus picture of a two-year old. Good luck.

Passport/CB10
    Last edited by guruhabibi; 03-28-15 at 05:06 PM.
    03-28-15 03:59 PM
    Classic looks good but the Passport is quicker, a very good screen and I also have the Z10 and Z30 but when using full touchscreen I miss my qwerty keyboard and that is weird because I never used a qwerty phone before I bought the Passport. I used it since ocktober 2014 and still love the damned phone. The best thing is blind typing or talk to text

I must say after a while the keyboard is nog that stiff as before and feels great.
    03-28-15 04:03 PM
    I'm only on my 3rd day of using a Passport, coming from a Q10, I'm fully aware of the spec differences, but that aside: I don't know if i can get used to the 3 row "diet" keyboard... any input on when or if you ever got comfortable with the Passport keyboard over the Classic?
    (Punctuation has been annoying so far.)
    I had the same worry in the beginning. Now I have the passport "sleeping" and am on the Q10 for the night. To put it simple, once you get used to the passport and get the hang of it, you will realise that the way the keyboard works, can really take you further. I really was a skeptic on the Passport keyboard; I wanted a hands on and when I did have one I was not sure but thought "wth, I ll go for it". First week I was with both phones, passport data only and Q10 as main driver. a week later... passport in hand 24/7.

I use my phone a lot for work, like A LOT of emailing. Passport is a bliss and I cannot understand how I could write with the Q10 before I still use the Q10 from time to time and love it, but once trained in the passport keyboard, really you will increase your output and the writing is much more fluent + flicking from the touch phkb is a marvel!!

I kept both Q10 and passport but if I had to choose one: passport all the way!

Posted via my Q10 usimg CB10 app
    guruhabibi likes this.
    03-28-15 04:33 PM
    I had the same worry in the beginning. Now I have the passport "sleeping" and am on the Q10 for the night. To put it simple, once you get used to the passport and get the hang of it, you will realise that the way the keyboard works, can really take you further. I really was a skeptic on the Passport keyboard; I wanted a hands on and when I did have one I was not sure but thought "wth, I ll go for it". First week I was with both phones, passport data only and Q10 as main driver. a week later... passport in hand 24/7.

I use my phone a lot for work, like A LOT of emailing. Passport is a bliss and I cannot understand how I could write with the Q10 before I still use the Q10 from time to time and love it, but once trained in the passport keyboard, really you will increase your output and the writing is much more fluent + flicking from the touch phkb is a marvel!!

I kept both Q10 and passport but if I had to choose one: passport all the way!

Posted via my Q10 usimg CB10 app
    Thanks for some needed motivation!

I'll give it a few more days, but the flicking thing is probably not going to happen. To be honest, all that happens when I flick is add unwanted punctuation from the "virtual row". Leaving BBM to get to the home screen results often in adding unwanted punctuation rather than exiting the app. Same with the touch keyboard cursor function, it jumps around like crazy and is completely frustrating.

I've used QWERTY keyboards in the past so I don't have to deal spell correction or word suggestions.

Let's see what happens.
    03-28-15 05:01 PM
    I'm completely and hopelessly addicted to BlackBerry devices. They're insane!! ?!

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 08:54 PM
    Thanks for some needed motivation!

I'll give it a few more days, but the flicking thing is probably not going to happen. To be honest, all that happens when I flick is add unwanted punctuation from the "virtual row". Leaving BBM to get to the home screen results often in adding unwanted punctuation rather than exiting the app. Same with the touch keyboard cursor function, it jumps around like crazy and is completely frustrating.

I've used QWERTY keyboards in the past so I don't have to deal spell correction or word suggestions.

Let's see what happens.
    I have been using phkb for the past 8 years (including palm and ipaq), my first BlackBerry being the 9000 in 2009. I was flying on the Q10 and shared some of your concerns, but for me, the passport takes phkb input on a different level, the negative being that one hand typing is almost impossible.

But, once the phones gets to "learn" and adapts to your vocabulary, I find that to flick up from the touch sensitive keyboard increases productivity and comfort considerably.

Just my view on it though.

Let us know how it goes

(Posted via CB10 on my beloved Passport) Common logic was introduced in order to balance the absurdity of common perception, then we invented marketing and messed it all up again
    guruhabibi likes this.
    03-29-15 02:30 AM
    Browsing through the thread quoted below, some more opinions on the matter. Maybe some will be useful in the search for what works better for you:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...sport-1009954/
    guruhabibi likes this.
    03-29-15 02:45 AM
    Well folks, I did it. I am now the proud owner of a flicker free blackberry classic.
    I instantly feel at home on the 4 row keyboard,even though the screen is smaller and the device is sporting older,but yet very viable specs.

Thank you all for your help and information, see you all later ( some probably in the classic forum too)

Posted via CB10
    anon(5061193) and guruhabibi like this.
    03-30-15 04:33 PM
    Hey all,
    Long time lurker,first time poster.
    I recently picked up the blackberry passport for At&T and I'm really still undecided about the passport or the classic.
    I am coming from a galaxy note 3, because I really don't play many games..im mostly a web browser,text and Emailer. I have been using the note for a while and it's just not giving me the production that I want.

I will be using the new device for work,and heck,im using it right now to type this. However the "is the grass greener" syndrome is hitting me and I'm thinking about the classic.
    Only having 1 return with At&t kinda stinks,even though I would pay a few restocking fees to test drive the classic..

So guys and gals, I beg for your input...is the grass greener?

Posted via CB10
    Well you already know the answer...the grass is never greener...stick with your passport. Happy days.

Posted via Z30 or Red Passport.
    03-30-15 05:49 PM
    Checking in from the blackberry classic!
    It's not as bad as I expected it to be after a few days..

-The screen isn't bad albeit the lower resolution, still nice and clear for the most part. Yes, part of me screams for the HD screen of the passport, but for this evaluation I'm trying to be as focused as I can on the classic.
    -Form factor is nice and compact, fits nicely in a trouser pocket or jeans. Less intrusive size wise than the passport, like a nice reserved man in a suit, doesn't command attention.

-4 row qwerty is so nice and familiar, my out of Box typing speed is 32 wpm vs 25 wpm on the PP.
    One handed typing is a breeze with the classic, 100% more usable one handed than passport. The funny thing is, that I don't find myself trying one handed as often as I expected..might be a reason to return to passport, as the "one handed" element was what I was really THINKING I was missing out on.

-hardware. Runs very admirably and smoothly. Yes some apps are a touch slower loading than the passport, but not the ones that really matter to me.
    Yes, older hardware wrapped in a new package, but still works remarkably well.

Battery-. It's not as bad as I thought it would have been, coming from the passport. It's very usable, I'm at about 60-70% at the end of a work day vs the 85+% with passport.

Fit and finish are very nice, premium feeling as it should, coming from blackberry. Maybe they've realized that the money is in the enterprise and are making products that largely resemble the quality and durability of past devices like the bold, 8800s etc.

Questions for everyone!

With the older hardware, do you think it's wise to keep the classic? (think OS upgrades and increasing load on a 2 year old processor spec)
    Or should I pick up the passport again, and supplement it with a classic or q10 down the road?

Has the passport "flickering" been fixed yet?

Thoughts, concerns?

Advice very well appreciated

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 05:14 PM
39 12