Any idea about the release time of the blackberry slide?
    03-14-15 05:23 AM
    I was thinking the same thing, but since we know nothing about the slider, I went and just purchased my passport, assuming it will be quite a while.

Posted via CB10
    ptpete likes this.
    03-14-15 06:00 AM
    Any idea about the release time of the blackberry slide?
    Wait for the slide

Posted via my awesome totally amazing BlackBerry Z30
    03-14-15 06:02 AM
    Buy the Passport. It's amazing.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 06:13 AM
    There's probably a demand for sliders but I can't wait for the announcement of the Passport 2. It might not be until next year but it's the only phone I'm looking forward to.
    christausky likes this.
    03-14-15 06:26 AM
    I'm actually very satisfied with the Passport. It would definitely NOT be a wrong choice.

However, the slider seems like a tech powerhouse. I doubt that it will go on sale anytime soon. I think it will be most likely the October time-frame like the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 06:29 AM
    Passport keyboard is amazing. Can't imagine slide being very comfortable. Just me

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 08:01 AM
    Please be aware that the slider will be made by Porsche Design, and is classified as one of Blackberry's "luxury" line devices, which means it will cost similar to what the Porsche Design phones cost: $1000 etc...

Just keep the above in mind if money is a deciding factor...
    03-14-15 10:17 AM
    Please be aware that the slider will be made by Porsche Design, and is classified as one of Blackberry's "luxury" line devices, which means it will cost similar to what the Porsche Design phones cost: $1000 etc...

Just keep the above in mind if money is a deciding factor...
    From what I have read the Porsche design is a separate phone. The slider as I understand it is not the luxury model. There is a lot of confusion and conflicting messages regarding the 4 phones to be released this year. Personally from everything I have read the Slider is not the Porsche design.

Regardless of what is right the Slider won't have the awesome wide screen of the Passport that is just amazing.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    thedose likes this.
    03-14-15 10:35 AM
    Wait for the slider. It will be amazing like the passport. Than decide which one to buy.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 11:03 AM
    Buy the Passport. It's amazing.

Posted via CB10
    Can you explain details...

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 11:06 AM
    From what I have read the Porsche design is a separate phone. The slider as I understand it is not the luxury model. There is a lot of confusion and conflicting messages regarding the 4 phones to be released this year. Personally from everything I have read the Slider is not the Porsche design.

Regardless of what is right the Slider won't have the awesome wide screen of the Passport that is just amazing.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    Ah I see, the Keian will be the Porsche Design "luxury" phone. Sweet!
    03-14-15 11:24 AM
    Stick to the PP, and wait for the PP2, it's kinda wired typing on a thinner slide out keyboard, that's not a blackberry

Posted via CB10
    christausky likes this.
    03-14-15 11:57 AM
    Depends on if want a physical keyboard. Personally I'm going to look at the slider if vzw carries it and if I need a phone at the time unless a new all touch comes out to improve on my z30. Passport looks too big to suit me. For what I do I prefer the candy bar form.

Posted via CB10
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    03-14-15 12:03 PM
    Why wait when you can have sweetness now. Waiting on Blackberry is not the most brilliant thing to do...just saying

Posted via CB10
    thedose and christausky like this.
    03-14-15 12:07 PM
    I was on the fence as well and decided to get the passport because it will be some time before the Slider is available. Even when the slider does come out I may not even want to go that route since typing on this keyboard is sooooooooo Satisfying.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 12:07 PM
    I was thinking the same thing. Since I was forced to get a s5 because my z10 broke and tmo doesn't have it. When I heard the news of a slider I had been wanting a passport for the longest time. I figured the phone isn't even announced yet and the leaked photo at the time was not enough to keep me waiting.

Bought a PP and have had it about a week. It's just now feeling right in my hands and the typing is amazing. the PP is an awesome phone. My only regret is not getting it sooner.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 12:48 PM
    Well, since you asked for our opinions, here is mine.

I'd rather get the Passport now than wait for the Slider, which you cannot tell really if you'd like it basing on few pictures and description since it may be launched only late this year.

But with the Passport you can say it's "beauty and brains"!
    For me, the Passport is a beauty just by looking at it lying on the table. The keyboard is lovely, the screen is just wow (whether the display is on or not), and it's square! It's weird! This is only where weird is beautiful! Hahaha!

Imagine, maybe the slider, lying on the table. I'd say... Eh. Just another phone I've seen before.

And for the "brains"... the BlackBerry 10 OS has evolved but so far it's the best mobile OS for me. I don't like the candy kiddie OS of Androids and Apples. I want the one that works hard and does the job, which is BlackBerry's.

But who knows! Passport was not that popular to many before it was launched, mainly because it looked weird. But when people finally saw it in person, WE just fell in love! Like I do... every single day since I've had it 6 weeks ago!

Go, get a Passport now!!!

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2267 (from10.3.0.1418)
    christausky and nick903 like this.
    03-14-15 12:53 PM
    Stick to the PP, and wait for the PP2, it's kinda wired typing on a thinner slide out keyboard, that's not a blackberry

Posted via CB10
    Yes. And it's called Torch.
    However I also agree with you that I'm waiting for the Passport 2 either. Although I loved my Torch, but the ratio of Passport screen is just too perfect for my needs, especially texting. But let's see how the Slider goes when it's out.

For this topic host, I think buy Passport and try first, because the size of the screen actually matters. If you like it, then you can keep it or sell it away for the Slider later. It's not going to happen soon anyways.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 01:02 PM
    Go for the Passport. The slider is going to be very tempting once we find out more information about it but that isn't going to happen any time soon, unfortunately.
    The Passport is amazing and you may not even end up wanting anything else afterwards. And, if you do, you can always sell or trade your Passport in for the slider.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 01:33 PM
    Having moved from Torch (kb a bit cramped) to Z10 (good but poor battery) to Z30 (lovely device) I thought I was happy. Tried a passport in store and was intrigued. Love it, and can't put it down.

The slider sounds interesting but I would be surprised if the kb was as good and the passport display is just so good for reading, pdfs web etc.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 01:50 PM
    I was thinking of the same thing, but I ended up keeping my passport. The slider looks interesting, but there isn't enough information about it. For me, I actually like the square screen (and don't mind the black bars when watching videos) and the immediate access to the keyboard is also a plus. I had a torch 9800 for work, and I actually find it a bit annoying to have to slide out to get access to the keyboard (actually used the old BBOS on screen keyboard instead). Cost is also an issue because I got the Passport $525 Cdn (which is a pretty good deal considering the spec's). The slider will most likely retail for at least $699 if not more at launch.

If you can't go without the rectangular screen and don't like the square form of the passport, then may be wait for the slider.
    03-15-15 03:16 PM
    If BlackBerry had released a *landscape* slider, then and only then, it might have been of interest for me personally. The Passport is truly amazing. I've had mine for over half a year now, I think, and I love it more for each day that passes. I cannot see myself going back to a narrow screen. The camera optics is actually really impressive as well, only let down by the software. It actually takes really decent photos under the right circumstances, especially in HDR mode. My wife, who has an iPhone 5 always asks me to take the picture with my Passport. And that's with her knowing the limitations of the Passport's camera. That alone says a lot, in my opinion. Action shots are horrible though, as well as the focus being a hit and miss sort of thing. There is no excuse for such poor camera software, but one gets used to it. I've taken some amazing shots with my Passport during this weekend. I even managed to get a somewhat decent action-shot of my wife jumping, but that was no easy task, hehe. Other than that it is a workhorse without comparison. There is simply no phone like it. I'll be keeping mine until they release a Passport 2 or possibly a landscape slider.
    christausky likes this.
    03-15-15 03:48 PM
    Anyone here know if this slider is going to be a 5" screen like the Z30?
    I did see the rectangular aspect ratio in the pics, but not sure what size it will be.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 04:22 PM
    What he said (Medic22003)
    03-15-15 04:32 PM
36 12