Sennheiser hd419 are awesome

http://yessuz.com/2013/04/29/sennhei...gazmas-ausims/

As I called the article: Sennheiser HD 419 - inexpensive orgasm for ears

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    12-22-14 03:30 PM
    I also have to add for a much more refined listening experience with IEM's, I RECOMMEND comply TX series memory phone buds. The fit great and blocks out ear wax which can ruin the tiny speaker systems in IEM'S. They also approach custom fit blocking out any interference.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Yeah, use Complys with my N4s currently and plan to use them when my Noble K10Us arrive next month. Highly recommend both the T and Tx series.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 05:35 PM
    I realise this but I am referring to the direct use with the passport. I have found depending on the version of os there are slight differences in audio response so wanted audiophile users with Passports specifically chime in!

Been a CB fan fer a while and I am aware, of double posting without searching the forum base!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android side installed on the Passport!

There aren't any audio headsets threads specifically with Passport users!
    You're going to find more variations between what different people find to be quality sound than you are between different devices.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    12-22-14 05:46 PM
    I've tried a couple and ended up with Westone W60. Superb sound quality

Posted via CrackBerry App
    12-26-14 03:28 AM
    I'd go for Sennheiser in whatever price range you have in mind. Listen to few pairs and then buy one you like.
    12-26-14 04:03 AM
    Saw an article the other day that Sony is about to launch some high end head phones that have frequency response of 5hz to 40 KHz rather than the more common 20hz to 20 kHz.

Posted via CB10
    CDs only encode 20-20Khz.
    Mp3 128kbps cut off around 16khz.
    Even 320kbps the cut of will be around 19khz.
    Frequency response is also clipped at the lower end don't know exact figures.
    Basically the higher the compression the narrower the frequency range.

For headphones the low end response is generally more of a consideration as most headphones should have no problem with 20khz. What's most important is how even the frequency response is.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 05:02 AM
    You're going to find more variations between what different people find to be quality sound than you are between different devices.
    Very true.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 05:03 AM
    CDs only encode 20-20Khz.
    Mp3 128kbps cut off around 16khz.
    Even 320kbps the cut of will be around 19khz.
    Frequency response is also clipped at the lower end don't know exact figures.
    Basically the higher the compression the narrower the frequency range.

For headphones the low end response is generally more of a consideration as most headphones should have no problem with 20khz. What's most important is how even the frequency response is.

Posted via CB10
    Also won't be useful to most human beings

Check Out TechCraze
    12-26-14 05:59 AM
    I'd go for Sennheiser in whatever price range you have in mind. Listen to few pairs and then buy one you like.
    Yup. Sennheiser all the way

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    12-26-14 07:06 AM
    Yeah, use Complys with my N4s currently and plan to use them when my Noble K10Us arrive next month. Highly recommend both the T and Tx series.

Posted via CB10
    I actually found that they hurt and irritate my inner ear canals. Not sure why!? I got 5 Pairs of the tx100 and 200's. The 200s don't fit my ajays5 and slip off or get stuck in the ear so that was an epic fail! The 100's I used a bit on my klipsch x7i's but klipsch has the gold standard for oval silicone ear flanges and buds.

Ps>im gonna be nice, as I can't use em private message me your address and I'll send them to you. Tx100 and Tx 200 with wax guard.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android side loaded on the Passport!
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 12-27-14 at 09:09 AM.
    12-26-14 08:45 AM
    Beats By Dre.

Posted via a BlackBerry Passport...
    12-26-14 08:56 AM
    Beats By Dre.

I love the way space gray urbeats LOOK (that's about it) and the sound is ok for what you get but I went thru 6 pairs with audio loss/failure on one side. I'm not a fan of any of the other colors and warranty claims DO NOT have space gray in stock. They are marketed as the tough build feature but contrary they do break easily. Big dissappointment!

agreed as well to the worst sound profile ever and for the price id look at others in the same price range with far better specs. Tried urbeats and tours and the sound is horrible.
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 12-26-14 at 11:45 AM.
    12-26-14 10:00 AM
    Sony MDRX10/RED
    Hey calling all PASSPORT audiophiles! What headsets are you using?-images-1-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 10:10 AM
    Beats By Dre.

Beats is probably the most overrated and overpriced headphones brand in the universe.

Average (at best) headphones for the price of premium

LoneStarRed likes this.
    12-26-14 10:20 AM
    I use two different ones.
    The JBL Synchro S400BT are Bluetooth AptX enabled for when I want to go wireless, but my favorites are the Audio Technica ATH-PRO700 MK2 ANV.

http://i.imgur.com/wGWcFl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DUNVMewl.jpg?1
    I love Audio Technica. I have a couple pairs of AT studio headphones. Only one has a 3.5 mm though.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 10:24 AM
    Is anyone using these Klipsch headphones?
    Hey calling all PASSPORT audiophiles! What headsets are you using?-img_20141226_203800.png

It's boxing week here in Canada and I'm thinking of getting them because they look great and is on sale! I'm just not sure about the sound quality and durability.

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 08:03 PM
    Is anyone using these Klipsch headphones?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141226_203800.png 
Views:	540 
Size:	113.6 KB 
ID:	323391

It's boxing week here in Canada and I'm thinking of getting them because they look great and is on sale! I'm just not sure about the sound quality and durability.

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    Good choice!

nhanken likes this.
    12-26-14 08:09 PM
    I have a pair of audio Technica athm-30 that I have had for years. Love em.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 11:30 PM
    I'm not a Passport owner, but HiFiMan makes some awesome equipment for good prices. For something portable, especially in-ear, the HiFiMan RE-400 are what I use daily.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening - Products : HiFiMAN RE-400 In-ear Monitor Free Shipping

head-if.org: HiFiMAN RE-400

CNET: HiFiMan RE-400
    Last edited by jmr1015; 12-27-14 at 03:45 AM.
    12-27-14 12:27 AM
    Shure SE530
    Yep me too, excellent in ear monitors.

Posted using my FAB Passport. Loving it!
    12-27-14 02:57 AM
    Beats By Dre.

Do yourself a MASSIVE favour and read the thread. Then on your next purchase get a brand other than Beats. Your ears will be happy, your enjoyment will greatly increase and the quality will b r much better.

I promise!

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    12-27-14 03:30 AM
    Do yourself a MASSIVE favour and read the thread. Then on your next purchase get a brand other than Beats. Your ears will be happy, your enjoyment will greatly increase and the quality will b r much better.

I promise!

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    You forgot to say 'your wallet will thank you'

Check Out TechCraze
    12-27-14 03:42 AM
    I have lots of options. But the best headphones I have found for use with mobile devices are Sennheiser HD-25. Great sound quality and you can beat the crap out of them and they will survive. Also use Shure IEMs. I have a couple of models.

Beats ugh. Save you wallet and get something decent. There are stacks of good brands out there, Beyerdynamic, Grado, Audio Technica, Denon, Shure, etc. etc. etc.

I use to be a fairly active participant at Head-fi.org. If you want info about good headphones etc, go there. But watch your wallet. It can get very very expensive.

BOSE = Buy Other Sound Equipment. Overpriced to hell.
    12-27-14 04:48 AM
    Hey calling all PASSPORT audiophiles! What headsets are you using?-img_20141227_091348.jpg
    Sony MDR-10RBT. Very happy

Posted via CB10
    ronfc likes this.
    12-27-14 07:14 AM
    I'm not a Passport owner, but HiFiMan makes some awesome equipment for good prices. For something portable, especially in-ear, the HiFiMan RE-400 are what I use daily.

http://www.head-fi.org/content/type/...00/height/1000

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening - Products : HiFiMAN RE-400 In-ear Monitor Free Shipping

head-if.org: HiFiMAN RE-400

CNET: HiFiMan RE-400
    The re600s would be more up my alley with slightly larger drivers. But these sound great can't go wrong with the 400/400i with 3position online mic.

But for the $$$ and the quality, have you tried the Klipsch X7i's IEM's!?
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 12-27-14 at 09:34 AM.
    12-27-14 09:02 AM
280 ... 45678 ...