I bent over backwards to get it in Romania from Vodafone, I loved it from the moment I saw it. Have to say it's amazingly well-built and very customizable, coming from Android. I'd love to have some questions answered, if, at all, possible. They're marked in bold, if it's tl;dr.

I'm now running 10.3.1.1784, installed an older version apk of Chrome, together with GiD and Google Account, although I would gladly give them up if I could somehow import the bookmarks from Chrome. It seems the stock browser actually runs smoother and faster. Any way of moving the bookmarks from Chrome? Still haven't found an app for it that doesn't have terrible reviews.

No noticeable difference between 4g and 3g battery-wise, although the screen tends to eat the most battery (19% in the last 12 hours). It's around 45-50% backlight. Any way of having the blacklight auto-adjust? At the very least, any tips for maximizing battery life aside from closing location services, nfc, the usual stuff?

Battery life isn't stellar, but it's only my third charge. I'm hoping it'll get better. It's certainly better than my old HTC One (M7), but I was actually more sold on the huge battery that'll last at least a day than the keyboard. It lasts 12 hours if I'm constantly on Facebook/Reddit/etc. Does anyone know if non-native Android Play apps or Google account integration make a difference in terms of battery life? The last app that drew something like 16% was Dropbox that I got via Play. Speaking of dropbox, any native app that will actually back up the photos you take to dropbox?

Many thanks, I'm very excited with the new phone (smallest laptop in the world, according to my jealous friends)
    04-17-15 07:01 AM
    Hi. I'm glad that you are enjoying your new PP.
    Ad1. I don't really know for sure but maybe Device Switch can do this?
    Ad2. Blacklit is set automatically depending your lighting conditions. You're setting only the base level. I've got about 25-35% set, and for me it's more than enough.
    Ad3. For first few changing cycles battery is settling, all the indexing is done, so it should go for 1-1,5 days tops . After settling period I've observed significant battery improvement (2-3 days without charging).

Posted via CB10
    mihnead likes this.
    04-17-15 07:14 AM
    BTW I've got WiFi, BT, location services always turned on.
    You can check your Advanced Interactions settings - maybe turning off Lift to wake or similar options will improve your battery life.

Posted via CB10
    mihnead likes this.
    04-17-15 07:18 AM
    interesting! many many thanks!
    04-17-15 07:21 AM
    I have seen battery improvement by installing 10.3.1.1865 (10.3.1.2708). Battery life is often dependent on signal strength as well as all the adjustments you can do to your phone to maximize battery life. I also set my screen timeout for 30 seconds. A lot of people forget they adjust that.

I agree, the Passport is an amazing phone.

Posted via CB10
    mihnead likes this.
    04-17-15 08:28 AM
    Not sure about how to move bookmarks, as I never use bookmarks on my mobile browser (idk why, I could access my fave sites so much faster if I did but I just never think to). I'm sure there's an app for that lol.
    As for the battery life, tbh I keep everything on the lowest energy settings (lowest backlight, screen timeout on lowest time, battery saving mode on 24/7, and I keep location/NFC/bluetooth usage to absolute minimum), though I still heavily use wifi and data during my work hours. I tend to get a full day of battery off one 100% charge this way. When I check my device monitor my memory usage is also pretty low most of the time. I try not to keep too many apps open.
    This is with very careful and decisive use, though. For people who need their phones for most of their daily tasks it's common to run out of battery very fast. Sometimes keeping your bluetooth and location services off all day is not an option due to your job. In those instances it's good to keep a car charger or spare standard charger for emergencies. I really wish BlackBerry didn't switch over to built-in batteries, one of the things I loved about the Q10 was that I could keep a spare battery for those days when I heavily used my phone and knew I would need some more power later on.

 = ♥
    mihnead likes this.
    04-17-15 08:38 AM
    they have a dropbox and box native app pre-installed you don't need to get the google version i use it all the time.
    mihnead likes this.
    04-17-15 08:38 AM
    There's no 'official' way to import bookmarks into the BlackBerry browser, however I've always used a pretty 'low-tech' solution:

Using my regular browser on my desktop (Chrome Or FireFox, etc), I export my bookmarks to an html file. I then save that file to a dedicated folder on my OneDrive, and Pin that OneDrive folder on the Passport file manager (so that it syncs it whenever I re-export my bookmarks). When I tap on the file in the Passport, it opens in the Browser, showing all my Bookmarks, you can then bookmark the Bookmark file (lol), and your Bookmarks will be two taps away.

The biggest limitation is that it only works one way, you can't export bookmarks from the Passport.

I do believe there is a bookmark manager app, but you have to "share to" the app in order to build a separate bookmark list held within the app.

Edit: This is it--> Check out Bookmark Pro in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59934233

Posted via CB10
    mihnead and vanmat like this.
    04-17-15 08:51 AM
    To help reduce battery drain, I'd make sure that all my emails, social media and cloud services are synced manually and no unnecessary background monitoring app is running.

Posted via CB10
    mihnead likes this.
    04-17-15 12:04 PM
    Remove the google stuff. That stuff is terrible for battery. Mine makes it through a day easily and some. If I didn't watch movies I could probably go two or three days without charging.

Posted via CB10
    mihnead likes this.
    04-17-15 01:19 PM
    Hey Mihnea, just a quick question, unrelated to the topic: are you from Timișoara? Cause if you are, I know you ; if not, sorry for the confusion thanks.
    04-17-15 02:01 PM
    nope, bucharest
    Blackerthanblack likes this.
    04-17-15 02:09 PM
    There is an app called Bookmarks Pro on Blackberry World that I've been using for bookmarks. You can import/export, backup/restore bookmarks. I came across it looking for an easy way to import bookmarks from Firefox on a PC.
    04-17-15 02:21 PM
    interesting! many many thanks!
    I use an App called Bookmark Pro. If you have a boatload of bookmarks like I do....it allows you to back them up to an SD. Then you can encrypt if you wish. Just make sure you decrypt before popping out SD ;-)

SE Passport
    08-13-15 12:43 PM